IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

On 6/13/2023 at 3:17 AM, OLD CS1 said:

Unlike most Air Force brats, I spent 10 years in one place: right here. I grew up here. My house (a six-plex) is gone, replaced by these houses. Half my street is gone. Half the base is gone. The base is a wee bit reluctant to allow me a tour. However, this is my tree. I could see it clearly from the visitor center on my last trip up. My dad and I planted that tree for Arbor Day roughly 40 years ago. Though I will never be able to step foot into the yard where I grew up, my tree is still there and will likely be there for a long time.

gfafb_tree_high_view.thumb.png.d875110dae57864d820220ef16f7a41c.png

gfafb_tree_zoom.thumb.png.04d14749e468ecebb72b6a61980c7abc.png

Since this is a dumping thread I think I'm ok with this post.  I had to smile when you shared this.  When I was a kid living in a rural Iowa town and at about age five, my Dad and I planted the tree I marked in the photo.  The house to the south of us is a funeral home.  When Dad passed, he wanted to be laid to rest outside of town so we went to that funeral home (well, an affiliate in the neighboring town) to honor his wishes.  The guy there complained bitterly about that tree and how it always dumped a ton of leaves every Fall onto their property.  I smiled and gave Dad away, "Here's the guy who planted it some fifty year ago, and I helped."  I could tell that he was not amused.

North Truro IA.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2023 at 4:38 PM, dhe said:

I still use 2600 joysticks with my TI.

These look great:

image.thumb.png.2fc82c6bf4625fa5fe591486d5970b59.png

I've got a couple of CX40s that were refurbed with similar boards by Best Electronics back in the day- they're my stick of choice for the TI unless I'm feeling masochistic, lol. They are THE BEST i think to play games with.  I also have a NES-style controller, but it usually doesn't see as much gameplay.

I used the pain-sticks my entire childhood, i only now occasionally subject myself to them.  :)  When I was a kid my dad sacrificed a couple of joysticks that likely he got from Goodwill and wired them together instead of using a splitter or a peripheral.  

30 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

I've got a couple of CX40s that were refurbed with similar boards by Best Electronics back in the day- they're my stick of choice for the TI unless I'm feeling masochistic, lol. They are THE BEST i think to play games with.  I also have a NES-style controller, but it usually doesn't see as much gameplay.

I used the pain-sticks my entire childhood, i only now occasionally subject myself to them.  :)  When I was a kid my dad sacrificed a couple of joysticks that likely he got from Goodwill and wired them together instead of using a splitter or a peripheral.  

PSh.. "pain sticks" that's part of the visceral experience you can't get with emulation! haha

• Haha 3

On a whim I visited my local Goodwill today and found this awesome multi-switch computer surge protector for $6.99. Super handy and matches my monitor to boot. Now I can turn on the entire system with one switch flip while keeping my Rpi in the TIPI powered up at all times via the provided unswitched outlet.  🙂

20230824_155451.jpg

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Asmusr said:

Somebody realizing their mistakes, maybe?

Yep, I was quoting a post on page one without reading following posts on page two and my privileges don't prevent it after a topic has been locked.  When I realized my mistake I went back and hid the related posts since he should get the benefit of the doubt.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tep392 said:

Yep, I was quoting a post on page one without reading following posts on page two and my privileges don't prevent it after a topic has been locked.  When I realized my mistake I went back and hid the related posts since he should get the benefit of the doubt.

Thank you for the explanation. Would it be reasonable to inform people if you delete their posts?