IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

• 3 weeks later...

To wit, I wonder how well some of the SCUMM games would convert. ScummVM is open-source.

I looked at this a while back, and to be honest the ScummVM code is not going to be much help. Now, Kings Quest isn't actually a SCUMM game, it's an SCI game. Before being rolled into ScummVM, there was a project called FreeSCI that was open source and actually C-based (ScummVM is C++). The original FreeSCI source is still available and it does seem like it would be a good starting point for getting an interpreter up and running on the TI.

It's one of those things on my todo list, but I'm refusing to pick anything else up until I've had a chance to finish Alex Kidd... if only life wasn't getting in the way so much right now... ugh...

• Like 1

Is there no such thing as a 27C040 EEPROM? I can only find them as OTP (One Time Programmable) or the ones that require UV light to be erased.

One of the reasons I standardized to one cartridge type, the UberCart or blue board, was because the availability of the AT49F040 512K EEPROMS. I found out that Ksarul got a 'killer deal' on a massive order, so the unit cost per chip ends up saving you more than the couple of bucks extra the blue carts cost initially. The blue boards also give one a few more options than a standard cartridge board. So if you don't mind your 521K chip in a PLCC form factor....

gallery_35324_1027_12135.jpg

One of the reasons I standardized to one cartridge type, the UberCart or blue board, was because the availability of the AT49F040 512K EEPROMS. I found out that Ksarul got a 'killer deal' on a massive order, so the unit cost per chip ends up saving you more than the couple of bucks extra the blue carts cost initially. The blue boards also give one a few more options than a standard cartridge board. So if you don't mind your 521K chip in a PLCC form factor....

gallery_35324_1027_12135.jpg

Thank, but my current PCBs are DIP. But if that's the only option I will consider making a PLCC32 version.

Do you think it would still fit in the cartridge if you tried one of << THESE >>?

Great idea, for testing that could be fine if it will fit in the slot (without a shell, of course). I have an adapter from the Programmer, and I have an AT49F040 from my XB27 cart. It's worth a try...

Great idea, for testing that could be fine if it will fit in the slot (without a shell, of course). I have an adapter from the Programmer, and I have an AT49F040 from my XB27 cart. It's worth a try...

It worked - sort of. Because even though the Programmer has no problem reading and writing the AT49F040 through the adapter, when I insert it in a TI PCB I'm getting loads of read errors. The graphics in Alex Kidd is all garbled, for instance. Is that just because of the slightly longer connections?