IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

It worked - sort of. Because even though the Programmer has no problem reading and writing the AT49F040 through the adapter, when I insert it in a TI PCB I'm getting loads of read errors. The graphics in Alex Kidd is all garbled, for instance. Is that just because of the slightly longer connections?

I'm not sure, I would hazard to guess no. Have you tried taking a little Emory cloth or 300 grit sand paper to the contacts of the chip and the pins on the adapter itself to remove any oxidation that may be inhibiting proper operation? I've had issues in the past with those cheap adapters until I cleaned things up a little.

I was reading up on the renaissance of the LP a few weeks ago. They are actually selling an awful lot of them now--and the numbers are increasing significantly every year. . .

All those suckers who sold off their pressing equipment for a song...

• Like 1

I occasionally cover the Mayo hospital in Red Wing, MN, and I found there a vintage vinyl store with an amazing collection at very reasonable prices. Every time I go there I buy a few. Last year I bought a nice Audio Technica turntable and I love it. At one time I had a huge collection of vinyl from the 70's and 80's, but the suitcase I had them in disappeared mysteriously while moving to another state. The airline never found it :(

I installed a cassette deck in my man cave at home with a tube headphones amplifier and I'm using it with my recently recorded mix tapes. Hey, why not? We are still using a computer from 1979, aren't we? :)

I tried to get a reel to reel player, but good working ones are very pricey. The store owner in Red Wing recently acquired one but he was keeping it for himself. It came with a reel of an interview of a drug smuggler in Florida by the police from the 80's. How that recording got out I'll never know...

As for 8-track tapes, I never liked them. They were unreliable and could only hold a few songs.

A vinyl or shellac on a laser turntable is possibly the best experience for preserving the record and presenting the sound.

True, but at $15000 a unit, it's a little bit outside of my price range. Are you kidding me??? And it's not even direct drive... I'll stick with my nice analog direct drive turntable thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...