IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

• 3 weeks later...

Moving the discussion...

Bureaucracy is another good one with the Ü sound in it. . .we have these sounds all over the place in English, but we don't have any consistent way to spell the sounds we use. I read somewhere that there are only 40 distinct sounds used in English, but there are over 5,000 ways to spell them.

I guess I have a different pronunciation of bureaucracy in mind ... "bureau" rhymes with "Euro".

The best way to explain, I believe, is as follows: Push forward your lips as if you are about to kiss your dear, then keep your lips that way and try to say "kiss". You will inevitably say "küss". (Which is good for German, as "küssen" is "to kiss".)

I know that you can speak German. :)

He: "one is dissolving ... other one getting stronger ... You need not be scared, we won't be lifted up... does not have that much power"

She: "You say"

He: "See, the turbines did not even shake"

She: "But it'll cross the street ... I don't want to drive that way"

He: laughs ... "boy, ain't that sick! ... can't believe, what's up here?! ... wipers, wipers ... See the wings of the turbine? They are completely ... now they start to turn ... see, it crossed the street ... holy shit, the car will be right in the middle soon"

She: backs off

He: still laughing ... "really cool, let's get out of here ... "

She: "Put you damned phone away now ... I can't really see ... man!"

He: "careful ... stop, stop ... now if you'd go this way ... now they've met! Seem to merge." (jumps out of the car) "Wow, that's great ... hell breaking loose ... oww" (hit by hail)

She: "Are you insane? That's not funny in any way!"

He: "All ok, all good now, that's just rain!"

She: "A natural catastrophe, that is"

He: "Pah"

She: "That's not funny!"

• Like 2

I did not understand a word of it, but the apparent arguing made me wish for English subtitles! :-D

This is a standard translation which can be applied to all videos of this ilk:

Person 1: "Holy &*$@!"

Person 2: "Get away from the window!"

Person 1: "You think it's heading for us? I think it's heading... OH MY GOD! WOW LOOK AT THAT!"

Person 2: "GET AWAY FROM THE WINDOW!"

Person 1: "Wait, I want to get a better look."

Person 2: "Don't go outside!!"

Person 1: "Okay okay, but WOW!"

Person 2: "Hello? Yes, I'd like to check on my insurance coverage for (person 1); does it cover acts of stupidity?"

Oh, and pepper in one or two other people making unintelligible shrieks or crying.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

He's really confused--the only thing about those chips that makes them HTF is that they were never soldered into a board. Desolder the chips from the cartridges in question and you have the same set in hand, someone has really been feeding him a line of pure fecal matter when it comes to establishing value (unless he's just insane and living out his fantasies on eBay).

• Like 1