IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

Windows 10 no longer gives ERROR REPORTS. Instead it makes a log of the error, but if you can not boot the Computer you can not read or access the report.

The really Hilarious part is Microsoft calls this USER FRIENDLY!!!!!

• Like 1

Microsoft are invaders today, and there is no other virus or threat as dangerous as Microsoft itself,

as this is insidiousness, literally. And this can never be reversed. Trust is totally lost, by cheating the user every day.

We are fighting here more against Microsoft-Updates and backdoors today than any other danger.

:(

PS: small update here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/252054-microsoft-is-getting-ballsy/?p=3541731

• Like 1

Bus Spencer made a lot of Spaghetti Westerns. . .mostly of the intentionally comical variety. I saw quite a few of them on TV while I was in Germany. Terence Hill was his sidekick--and was usually the trigger that got both of them into a lot of trouble in each and every film they were in together.

• Like 1

Yeah it can. Though it depends upon the source and the target compression. And your processor. I run ffmpeg on my Core i7 laptop and depending upon the source, I can usually get between 80 and 500 fps going to a 320-wide MP4 with h.264 and aac audio.

Also, I found the latest build of ffmpeg for Windows is slower for some reason.

I am moving off my Core2Quad 6800 to a Gen 6 i7... for virtualization/emulation purposes for prototyping networks, of course. Well, that and it will kick ass at video conversions.

Yeah it can. Though it depends upon the source and the target compression. And your processor. I run ffmpeg on my Core i7 laptop and depending upon the source, I can usually get between 80 and 500 fps going to a 320-wide MP4 with h.264 and aac audio.

Also, I found the latest build of ffmpeg for Windows is slower for some reason.

I am moving off my Core2Quad 6800 to a Gen 6 i7... for virtualization/emulation purposes for prototyping networks, of course. Well, that and it will kick ass at video conversions.

I'm using my registered version of VideoPad Professional by NCH Software to do the conversion down to 1920 X1080 @ 30 fps.

Sadly I'm only 1/2 way through the planned lifespan of my current PC. It'll be at least two more years before I upgrade again. Hopefully by then the i7-5960X class or a Xeon processor will be a little bit more reasonable in the price department. :)

• 2 weeks later...

There are some good opportunities to prove one's own ignorance of high culture, in particular when it comes to classical music. That is, other people may now say, well, I knew that all the time, wonder why you didn't. Whatever, yesterday I was watching the TV film (2006) of Ibsen's drama Peer Gynt when I suddenly thought - "wait, you know that tune". It's...

Listen to it:

• at position 09:39
  • at position 13:14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2gDFJWhXp8

Know those ones? :)

Of course, the best one is at the beginning. Gives me goose bumps every time.

Edited by mizapf
  • Like 1

There are some good opportunities to prove one's own ignorance of high culture, in particular when it comes to classical music. That is, other people may now say, well, I knew that all the time, wonder why you didn't. Whatever, yesterday I was watching the TV film (2006) of Ibsen's drama Peer Gynt when I suddenly thought - "wait, you know that tune". It's...

Listen to it:

• at position 09:39
  • at position 13:14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2gDFJWhXp8

Know those ones? :)

Of course, the best one is at the beginning. Gives me goose bumps every time.

Wow! A marvelous performance! Grieg's Peer Gynt suites are some of my favorite classical music, as well. I'm not sure what you were going for in your post, but I thoroughly enjoyed the music. Thanks, Michael.

...lee

• Like 1