IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2023)

carlsson

1 hour ago, jgkspsx said:

Here is the Steam page for it: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1010750/Blood_Fresh_Supply/

It is a native Windows port. How are you playing it on Android? If you are just streaming from your PC you’re still playing it on your PC, so it is a modern PC game.

I'm using the Zeta Touch application to play it on Android, no streaming: http://opentouchgaming.com/zeta-touch/

I first tried using the original PC DOS version of Blood with Zeta Touch but it didn't work and wouldn't boot, it specifically requires the files from Blood: Fresh Supply for Windows to work properly. So I had to download Blood: Fresh Supply from Steam then take the files from that and put them in the folders created for them by Zeta Touch on my Android device's micro SD card, then I could play Blood: Fresh Supply on my Android based Retroid Pocket 3+. Complicated and confusing, I know :lol:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, carlsson said:

And they said modern gaming would make things easier and more accessible... 🤣

In some ways it has, like how I now have one handheld that can play everything from Atari 2600 to Dreamcast and PSP, but the actual process of getting everything set up and running is convoluted as all heck :lol:

I'm just going to list Blood: Fresh Supply under PC Windows, since that's what it was originally released for, even though I'm using some BUILD engine voodoo witchcraft to make it run on Android. That seems sensible...ish.

• Like 4

I also played a few games on my super-modern system this week. I think I have gotten all I can from golf, time to move on. I tried some warfare but wasn't feeling it at all. Maybe need some scifi next. 

GAMECUBE

Ace Golf - 425 min

Call of Duty 2: Big Red One - 88 min

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

I first tried using the original PC DOS version of Blood with Zeta Touch but it didn't work and wouldn't boot, it specifically requires the files from Blood: Fresh Supply for Windows to work properly.

Ahhh. Very weird. I guess PC Windows is probably the closest, though it really is an Android native version in that case. Huh.

Calling it early:

Apple iOS:

Duolingo - 42 minutes
Pikmin Bloom - 525 minutes

IMG_4800.thumb.jpeg.d0460087c9e56ac00b2bd118a8b2de5a.jpeg

Nintendo 3DS:

Fairune 2 - 13 minutes

I thought about it a lot this week, I’m surprised I didn’t play it more.

Nintendo Switch:

BattleZone Gold Edition - 15 minutes

Gato Roboto - 200 minutes

• Like 4

Lots of modern gaming for me this week! I finally finished Tomb Raider: Anniversary for the PSP as well as Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance for the Game Boy Advance, then started playing through Blood: Fresh Supply for... well, no one's really sure exactly what it's for but I'm gonna go with Windows :lol:

At this point I'm about halfway through Blood and really enjoying it! I don't think I ever played past the second episode as a kid, and I'm currently on the third of five episodes (plus the Cryptic Passage bonus episode) so there's still a ton left to see and do. When I've wanted to play something a little more relaxing though I've been having a great time with Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection for the PSP! It's got all the same tables and features of the Wii version that I used to play constantly when I owned a Wii, and it looks fantastic on the Retroid Pocket 3+ upscaled to 3x the original resolution. Great stuff! :)

Game Boy Advance
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance - 377 minutes 

PSP
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection - 10 minutes
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection - 86 minutes
Tomb Raider: Anniversary - 37 minutes

PC (Windows)
Blood: Fresh Supply - 455 minutes

• Like 5

XOne 

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China 179 

Catastronauts 83 

Forza Horizon 5 179 

Hot Wheels Unleashed 239 

Out of Space 362

More on the Xbox One this week.  It is kind of unusual that when I list the games I played alphabetically that the letter 'O' represents the furthest I get in the alphabet.  Especially on a console called the 'X' Box.  Blah blah blah, here's a photo from Out of Space to pique your interest:

Here’s what’s coming to Xbox this week - EGM

• Like 4

On 4/30/2023 at 6:29 AM, carlsson said:

My head spins... Actually I have been thinking about adding Steam as its own system in the modern tracker, but not sure if it is separate enough from PC as the hardware. Since it isn't a native Android app, but rather something you play through one of its apps (think emulator), I suppose Steam/modern PC is the closest unless the Steam version itself runs a MS-DOS emulation layer too, so you would be playing it through double emulation.

IMO - Steam should not be listed as a system.  Steam plays PC games, and if it starts a DOS game, it simply opens DosBox and runs the "correct" configuration for you.  This is exactly like other game stores like Origin, GoG, or Epic.  All of those are playing PC games - just adding some convience for the player.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, wongojack said:

IMO - Steam should not be listed as a system.  Steam plays PC games, and if it starts a DOS game, it simply opens DosBox and runs the "correct" configuration for you.  This is exactly like other game stores like Origin, GoG, or Epic.  All of those are playing PC games - just adding some convience for the player.

In fact, a lot of Steam releases now are just console games in an emulator wrapper.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

In fact, a lot of Steam releases now are just console games in an emulator wrapper.

That's true!  There are other emulators besides DosBox that load automatically.  Rikki and Vikki even loads and runs an Atari 7800 emulator.

• Like 3

Week 17

Top games

1. Pikmin Bloom (iOS) - 525 min. (#1)
2. Blood: Fresh Supply (PC) - 455 min.
3. Ace Golf (Gamecube) - 425 min.
4. Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA) - 377 min. (#2)
5. Tekken 4 (PS2) - 375 min.
6. Out of Space (Xbox One) - 362 min. (#4)
7. Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube) - 279 min.
8. Hot Wheels Unleashed (Xbox One) - 239 min. (#7)
9. Gato Robato (Switch) - 200 min.
10. Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China (Xbox One) - 179 min. (#3)
10. Forza Horizon 5 (Xbox One) - 179 min. (#6)

Top systems

1. Xbox One (5 games) - 1042 min. (#1)
2. Gamecube (3 games) - 792 min.
3. iOS (2 games) - 567 min. (#2)
4. PS2 (2 games) - 490 min.
5. PC (1 game) - 455 min.
6. GBA (1 game) - 377 min. (#3)
7. Android (5 games) - 305 min. (#4)
8. Switch (2 games) - 215 min.
9. PSP (3 games) - 133 min. (#6)
10. 3DS (1 game) - 13 min. (#7)

Total 4389 minutes and 25 different games (of which 7 new) on 10 different systems, with 7 participants.

Pikmin Bloom holds onto first place on a rather dense list - less than three hours between #1 and #6. Likewise, the Xbox One with four top 10 games remaining from last week, stays as the most played system, ahead of some of the earliest modern systems such as the Gamecube and PS2. Actually the #1 in the classic tracker this week, the Dreamcast would have dominated this tracker instead if it had been released on the other side of Y2K.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Yesterday and today's (05/01 and 05/02/2023) totals:

Android

1) NFL Rivals - 60 minutes

2) Marvel Snap - 20 minutes

3) MLB Tap Sports Baseball 2023 - 15 minutes

4) Pinball Deluxe: Reloaded - 10 minutes

5) Peglin - 25 minutes

• Like 4

Strange week.

Apple iOS:

Duolingo - 158 minutes

IMG_5107.thumb.jpeg.fa0bcfc49daae3227f9575a1abce4d90.jpeg

Somehow I made it back to the top. Everybody on Diamond is nuts, though.

Pikmin Bloom - 441 minutes

IMG_4929.thumb.jpeg.c1ab61745a84eb7806eaf467c16866c3.jpeg

Nintendo Switch:

I realized by installing parental controls on my Switches I can track exact time and days. Yay! Friggin' Nintendo.

Astronomical Club for Queers - 15 minutes

In this time I literally saw everything there is to see. The astronomical bits were beyond atrocious and the other part was so subtle that if not for the title of the narrative experience you wouldn't even know that was the theme. It was a sweet little vignette from a queer person living in Moscow, not a great situation to be in, so I can't be too hard on it.

Cadence of Hyrule - 15 minutes

I really like the Crypt of the Necrodancer series but I don't understand it, like, at all. I feel like I'm flailing on all but the easiest parts.

Gato Roboto - 130 minutes

Finished the game.

IMG_4875.thumb.jpeg.2764dcb0519b81f662e11f0bce73a7a3.jpeg

IMG_4881.thumb.jpeg.32b7062271e357ad40c954cd3b75f304.jpeg

Paranormasight - 20 minutes

Q Remastered - 75 minutes

Touchscreen-based physics puzzler. Literally hundreds of puzzles and I struggled to complete 20 of them. Judging by YouTube longplays, I'm not alone. I fear people who are good at this game.

Tetris 99 - 40 minutes

Finally made it to level 10. As a reward I can barely finish in the top 50 anymore.

• Like 3

XOne 

Catastronauts 70 

Forza Horizon 5 1103 

Onsen Master 58 

Out of Space 162 

Think of the Children 44 

Wasteland 2 164 

Wo Long Fallen Dynasty 22

So, Forza Horizon 5 . . . I have never played a single game in this series ever.  I generally stay away from ultra-realistic car simulation games as I don't really enjoy the idea of "tuning" a 2017 Ford Focus, but hey, I played this one.  I'm not sure that I'm playing it right, but there sure is a lot of it to play anyway.  I might up the difficulty this week, or I might quit all together.

• Like 4

Lots of modern gaming this week! I've been continuing my playthrough of Blood: Fresh Supply on my Retroid Pocket 3+, and playing through the Sonic Advance series on my Anbernic RG35XX! I've always enjoyed the original Sonic Advance, though holy cow Sonic Advance 2 is definitely the worst 2D Sonic game I've ever played!

The first few zones are fine, but once you get to Sky Canyon zone everything pretty much goes to heck from there on out. Every level is filled with dozens of bottomless pits that the game designers set up to be exactly in the path of where all the boost pads and springs fling you into, but you have to keep going fast to clear giant gaps so the only way to avoid the dozens of bottomless pits is to memorize exactly where they are and the precise moments to jump while the game is flinging you along at 100 miles per hour. Every level is like that for the last half of the game, and the boss fights are all just infuriatingly awful in their relentless difficulty. I don't think I'll ever play Sonic Advance 2 again now that I've finished it, it's just got the absolute worst level design and worst boss design I've ever seen in any Sonic the Hedgehog game period.

On the flip side, Sonic Advance 3 has been tons of fun! I'm just over halfway through and so far I think it's my favorite game in the Sonic Advance series! They really learned from the design mistakes of the second game and made the third one pretty dang great, and I really like the team mechanic and tag team moves they added in too! :D

Game Boy Advance

Sonic Advance - 85 minutes

Sonic Advance 2 - 204 minutes

Sonic Advance 3 - 112 minutes

PSP

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection - 66 minutes 

PC (Windows)

Blood: Fresh Supply - 473 minutes

Edited by Skippy B. Coyote
  • Like 3

So I switched to scifi and Rogue Squadron II was my choice. Only played it once a long time ago and remembered I did not get very far then. Feels like a good challenge but I won't bother with the medals, no change to get higher than the occasional bronze on some missions.

The two quickies were only to test my recent purchases. Magical Mirror is a strange one. Exclusive for the GC and the genre is a point & click adventure? Seems to be more of a kids game but a weird concoction nonetheless. 

GAMECUBE

Disney's Magical Mirror starring Mickey Mouse - 14 min

Extreme-G 3 - 10 min

Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II - 187 min

• Like 4