IGNORED

Jaguar Homebrew VS Megadrive / Genesis Homebrew

mdkdue

16 hours ago, phoboz said:

If I remember right, @agradeneu you are not a programmer yourself. Still you seem to have a lot of opinions about programming.

Imagine spending a large part of your life increasing your skills as a designer and artist and a programmer refers to you as a random game player.

Edited by Jag_Mag
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jag_Mag said:

You shouldn't disrespect game designers and artists that dedicated a large part of their life to their craft either.

No. In what way haven't I diarespected anyone here?

I am quite sure of that.

I think anyone who reads this discussion can see that. On the other hand, I am quite sure that someone from the outside can see that some other people pour a lot of distespect around here.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, phoboz said:

I am quite sure of that.

I think anyone who reads this discussion can see that. On the other hand, I am quite sure that someone from the outside can see that some other people pour a lot of distespect around here.

Jag Mag is 100% correct. 

And I draw the consequences.

27 minutes ago, phoboz said:

I am quite sure of that.

I agree. If someone can clarify where that has been done I will duly consider it. I will apologize wherever @agradeneu thinks I've offended him. I don't know where this hate has come from.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Jag_Mag said:

Imagine spending a large part of your life increasing your skills as a designer and artist and a programmer refers to you as a random game player.

Random game player would be ok, I respect their input.

The issue is Phoboz being braindead ignorant regarding the history of a certain troll and hater in this forum, who attacks all Jaguar devs one way or the other, spreads false info, arrogantly patronizes people that are way more talenetd than him, disregrads/hates on the whole community in other places and generally oversells any bullshit he could make up in his mind.  

Iam not sure why someone could think it was a good idea to double down and team up with such troll, bad idea! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jag_Mag said:

You shouldn't disrespect game designers and artists that dedicated a large part of their life to their craft either.

Yeah, I support this!

1 hour ago, Jag_Mag said:

I'm not going to ignore as I think you have something to give back,it's not programming though maybe game design?

Good lord, he had 20 years of time, he did nothing! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

To much politics, to much anger.

Relax and have fun for God's sake.

It's supposed to be fun, isn't it.

I stepped in because I saw a tendancy that some people get bullied here, and I don't like that. So it was really hard for me to sit idle, sorry if someone got offended by this...

Edited by phoboz
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, phoboz said:

To much politics, to much anger.

Relax and have fun for God's sake.

It's supposed to be fun, isn't it.

I stepped in because I saw a tendancy that some people get bullied here, and I don't like that. So it was really hard for me to sit idle, sorry if someone got offended by this...

Finally acknowlegde and respect the big fat RED FLAG for 99% of the devs here, ok?

2 hours ago, Jag_Mag said:

I'll bet jaguar gamers would be willing to help me more then you,so guess what I'm going to do Chris?Ask them for help once I get it playable.Stay out of the thread as you added nothing.

I’d love to help if I can! Not sure how, but I can give you my time. Your progress so far looks awesome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can I add agradeneu ,people that dedicate their lives to a craft are beyond normal people,be it programmers,artists,musicians,designers,all those people are special.There is no gamer that is special and can judge games better then another,that takes zero skill to accomplish.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jag_Mag said:

Can I add agradeneu ,people that dedicate their lives to a craft are beyond normal people,be it programmers,artists,musicians,designers,all those people are special.There is no gamer that is special and can judge games better then another,that takes zero skill to accomplish.

Some gamers craft to detect bugs are beyond normal, believe me! ;)

But that is serious work and not fun.

Otherwise, we also need gamers opinions about the fun factor, as they are our audience. 

I value the input of skilled gamers very high, they are very good playing those games and giving detailed feedback.

For designing a game, it helps a lot when you are an avid gamer with a lot of history playing e.g. classic platform games, examining the ideas of other people works and what makes it great stuff.

Same with arts, you wont reinvent the wheel anyway, so I play a couple of games that I would refer as influntial to get into the mood.

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, agradeneu said:

Some gamers craft to detect bugs are beyond normal, believe me! ;)

But that is serious work and not fun.

Otherwise, we also need gamers opinions about the fun factor, as they are our audience. 

I value the input of skilled gamers very high, they are very good playing those games and give exact feedback.

People that can create games are in a totally different realm,we both know that,I have to point this out because people will think testers are the same as programmers.

Edited by Jag_Mag

An example,I need to seperate obj logic from camera,as the player can jump past my camera window,Chris would never know this..small stuff like this.Yet he recommands things!! you get this right?He should not be recommending things ever,he's not a dev.

dd.rom

Edited by Jag_Mag
  • Like 2

It's

13 minutes ago, Jag_Mag said:

An example,I need to seperate obj logic from camera,as the player can jump past my camera window,Chris would never know this..small stuff like this.Yet he recommands things!! you get this right?He should not be recommending things ever,he's not a dev.

dd.rom 4 MB · 0 downloads

And....when did I recommend things that would impede or confuse you in this matter or anyone else?

Edited by JagChris