IGNORED

Jaguar Homebrew VS Megadrive / Genesis Homebrew

mdkdue

4 hours ago, phoboz said:

Did you interpret my previous post that I somehow implied that?

Sorry that was not the intention...

Look, JagChris attacks/disrespects any renowned long time developer here, including the ones that provided you the libraries/artwork you were/are using for your projects. 

Somehow you think it is ok a notoriously talentless and useless troll and hater puts you on a pedestal, while disregarding anyone else, and feel flattered about the exposition and such questionable service of "honour".

Not a wise move from you to be such an easy prey for narcisstic manipulation, to say the least ;-)

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, agradeneu said:

Somehow you think it is ok a notoriously talentless and useless troll and hater puts you on a pedestal, while disregarding anyone else, and feel flattered about the exposition and such questionable service of "honour".

Did I write anything that made you draw this conclusion?

All I recall writing was that everyone can have an opinion, regardless if they are a game programmer, an artist or not. Because there are many people like this around in the gaming business, e.g. those who have opinions on games whether we like it, or not.

I also noted opinions from other people on this forum (including you) on some new games. I assume you share your opinions based on your background, as gamers, and/or artists/developers. That is okay, I don't have a problem with that, neither do I feel offended in any way.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

I can drive a car. So I may express my opinion whether this or that car behave well. I even can judge by experience if one car needs more fuel. But I am no car engine engineer, so I should not try and tell other how to build an engine.

This forum (and meanwhile the Lynx forum as well) has some members who just do that: Have no idea whatsoever on how to program the Jaguar or the Lynx or even at all and tell others (which have knowledge) what to do or not.

But, hey see, Porsche open sourced the plans for the 911 Turbo engine, so can someone please port it to my Lada?! ;-)

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, phoboz said:

Did I write anything that made you draw this conclusion?

All I recall writing was that everyone can have an opinion, regardless if they are a game programmer, an artist or not. Because there are many people like this around in the gaming business, e.g. those who have opinions on games whether we like it, or not.

I also noted opinions from other people on this forum (including you) on some new games. I assume you share your opinions based on your background, as gamers, and/or artists/developers. That is okay, I don't have a problem with that, neither do I feel offended in any way.

Still not getting the point, huh?

Maaan, are we lucky you don't "make women". 

😂

Edited by agradeneu

15 hours ago, phoboz said:

It's like saying that I cannot think a women is attractive, without having made women myself.

I think it's fully feasable for a person that has played a lot of different games, to also have an opinion on new games.

If a game flickers and slowdowns with 3 small spiders on screen, it is not really a matter of opinion, it is a FACT.

And business of the programmer would have been to fix that. ;-)

• Like 3

Just as a thought experiment:

If you are made aware that, among many other things discovered, a game crashes when you stand up in a pipe... and you are inbetween the recalled release and sending out a fixed version.... that should probably be fixed as well.

Bugs the dev isn't aware of?  sh*t happens.

Bugs the dev is aware of that they simply cannot be arsed to fix.... 

The weird thing is the publisher was also aware of these bugs...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, agradeneu said:

Still not getting the point, huh?

No, sorry I still don't get it.

Why can't everyone share their opinions, just like you gladly share your opinions?

There are plenty of hardware designers that cannot program themselves, still they can (and should) tell the programmers how they should use their hardware...

If I remember right, @agradeneu you are not a programmer yourself. Still you seem to have a lot of opinions about programming.

Edited by phoboz
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, phoboz said:

No, sorry I still don't get it.

Why can't everyone share their opinions, just like you gladly share your opinions?

There are plenty of hardware designers that cannot program themselves, still they can (and should) tell the programmers how the must use their hardware...

If I really right, @agradeneu you are not a programmer yourself. Still you seem to have opinions about programming.

But CJ is, so don't wake him up on this one! ;-)

But I am working as a tester, game designer and artist. 

I can't comment on code and I won't do that.  But I can report bugs and malfunctions. I can comment on graphical capabilities of retro consoles as I have a glimpse how graphics are made and how they work within a game framework/engine.

Look, I deeply regret helping you with KoE. I really do. I won't make the same mistake again, ok?!

Edited by agradeneu
  • Confused 3

14 minutes ago, agradeneu said:

But CJ is, so don't wake him up on this one! ;-)

No, I won't. I simply responded to your comment and tried to stay on that topic (as much as I could)

14 minutes ago, agradeneu said:

Look, I deeply regret helping you with KoE. I really do. I won't make the same mistake again, ok?!

I am sorry if you feel offended, but if you get into discussions like this you also have to be able hear opposing arguments.

No hard feelings on my side, I just expressed what I felt.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, mdkdue said:

What’s wrong with Kings Of Edom? John Hancock loves it 😀

You see, that why I like to hear opinions from all gamers (regardless if they can program, or not)

Otherwise it's just about some technical aspects, and not about the art.

Unfortunately it's a little bit similar to a dance competition, the judges tend to look at some technical stuff. In the end, everyone should be able to enjoy dancing even if some aren't experts on all the technical aspects.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, mdkdue said:

Nothing, I just did some of the graphics and helped with testing. 🙂

I just won't do that again with that developer, that is the point I wanted to make.

Edited by agradeneu

3 minutes ago, agradeneu said:

Nothing, I just did some of the graphics and helped with testing. 🙂

I just won't do that again, that is the point I wanted to make.

Why wouldn’t you do it again?

Your help contributed towards making a good game, why would you not want to do that again? Am I missing something?

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, alucardX said:

Where is viMasterJag these days? He and I shared a common exposure to the Jag. I remember buying mine because of a specific very excited sales person at a small game store in a shopping mall. If I remember correctly from correspondence with viMasterJag from years ago, he also knew of that guy. That dude must've sold so many Jaguars back in the day. His influence led a friend of mine to get one as well.

Sorry if i didn't respond to the question. He's doing well with his family these days, the last time i talked to him

4 hours ago, 42bs said:

This forum (and meanwhile the Lynx forum as well) has some members who just do that: Have no idea whatsoever on how to program the Jaguar or the Lynx or even at all and tell others (which have knowledge) what to do or not.

This is 100% true unfortunately

• Like 2

On 1/27/2023 at 11:31 AM, mdkdue said:

Well I guess you would have to ask the author of KoE QHack, Thomas Biskup.

https://www.adom.de/misc/qhack.php3

You see it clearly states on this page:

image.thumb.png.92394c84d79d5b016616f4a74a78c90a.png

Whats this got to do with KoE, you ask?

Well, here is some qHack code:

unknown.png

and you can find this same code in the KoE ROM.

Another part of qHack here:

unknown.png

Again, you can find another chunk from the KoE ROM.

If that wasn't pointing enough of a finger, then look at this:

unknown.png

Anyway...  enjoy the politics!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JagChris said:

I can't remember anyone telling programmers here what to do. Or demanding stuff being done.

image.thumb.png.42f15c3759eb63e1b970e6c4da7a69de.png

You are so full of hypocritical shit.  You are constantly coming up with utter bollocks and then demanding others prove you are wrong.

Are you going to use the "autism" excuse next to try and explain years of being a complete c*nt?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2