IGNORED

Circus Convoy

JagChris

I have heard of Circus Convoy, but I have not yet purchased it.

I have not bought any homebrew games from any source -- my original hardware still remains in storage (though I hope to extricate it soon) and the exchange rate plus international shipping make most titles cost prohibitive. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fdr4prez said:

There are a few topics on Circus Convey in the proper Atari 2600 forum since this is not a 7800 game.

Usually I would agree but I think this situation is unprecedented.

There are a few AA members I've run into and a couple 7800 owners on FB who seem to have been unaware of it. The chances are miniscule here in this forum that that is the case but in the off chance it is, like someone coming in from hiatus etc.

IMO its important this is supported. They said they'd expand what they were doing if successful and include other retro consoles. Hopefully expansion to proper 7800 games. But that is the fanboy in me talking.

I've always been fascinated by the early Activision games. I would love to see Audacity do a proper 7800 game.

• Like 3

Anyone have any gameplay footage? I am not into all the hype stuff shown(older than 11) almost unwatchable. Looking to see what it is like with the actual game sounds and progression as the game plays. 

Any info as well.  Who is selling and how much? How many available etc. 

• Like 2

It's pretty good-I have an unsealed Collector Edition copy, played it on EMU mostly.

The whole thing seems overhyped now, tbh. It WAS pretty good, but I think the community kinda hoped for more games to follow.

Hate to say-is silly, not to look into "what you need to do", to beat the game. 

A person only has so much time in their life, lol.

"Just because you know HOW, doesn't mean you can"

It's really a timed game anyway, so completing it is no big deal, you have to learn to do it, and then learn to do it as fast as you can.

Was/is pretty good, but a tad overrated, for the hype.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rogerpoco said:

The whole thing seems overhyped now, tbh. It WAS pretty good, but I think the community kinda hoped for more games to follow.

Well its David Crane and Kitchen. That's always going to be a buzz. And by your own admission its a pretty good game.

Not sure how fast the community is expecting them to spit these out.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JagChris said:

Well its David Crane and Kitchen. That's always going to be a buzz. And by your own admission its a pretty good game.

Not sure how fast the community is expecting them to spit these out.

Ya, for sure, it's actually a really good game.

As far as spitting them out, CC is(thinking)...surely pushing a couple years old now?

Every indication from Audacity was that there was more to come, "soonish".

That's all I was saying, really. Mebbe not the game itself being overhyped, but what the actual plans for the company were.

I've chatted with Dan some, in private, Good Guy, I'm really looking forward to his game, when(?)it's released.

It's not really "expectations", as much as assuming we were being properly informed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JagChris said:

Nah, CC is only about a year old. And more forthcoming was based on how well this does.

Except for the Dan Kitchen game. Ball is already rolling on that one.

Circus Convoy will be 2 years old this month.  I haven't heard much about Casey's Gold so I'm not sure if it's coming or not but I got my fingers crossed.  

• Thanks 2

On 2/28/2023 at 11:04 AM, Zonie said:

I knew about this but didn't think it would be that good. Admittedly I only watched about 5 min of this, but I can see this as a mind blowing game if it came out in '82.

New 2600 games in 1982 were 4K or 8K. CC is 128K, which might have been viable in 1986, had the market not moved on to newer consoles.

18 hours ago, JagChris said:

Nah, CC is only about a year old. And more forthcoming was based on how well this does.

It's a 2-year-old 2600 game, one that received a ton of attention when it came out. I think it's not very realistic to think that promoting it at this point will move the needle enough to make them develop a 7800 game, especially since IIRC they explicitly stated disinterest in the 7800. It has no more relevance to this forum than any other 2600 game.

If you want to encourage more 7800 development, tell your friends to buy 7800 games from people who make 7800 games.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Silver Back said:

Circus Convoy will be 2 years old this month.  I haven't heard much about Casey's Gold so I'm not sure if it's coming or not but I got my fingers crossed.  

Ya, I was just gonna bow out, I don't always know stuff, just sorta remember it, and USUALLY right, but you know "those kinds". Dude is really actually only talking, not listening.

Ya, it was/is a great game, but the hype is actually VERY long gone now.

Thanks for having my Back, Silver!

(See what I did there?).

:D

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Silver Back said:

Yeah my mistake. The world premiere I watched said filmed a year ago. But YouTube doesn't mark the second year until the second year actually rolls around. So it can be up to almost 2 years old and still say only a year old on the video but you're right. It came out in march of 2021. And I only heard about it a few months ago. I actually had to go find a thumbnail so that it would actually show the date it was posted.

I thought it came out at the beginning of the year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

Were you guys asleep when it came out or something? :)

image.thumb.jpeg.c4f11e4f768e3b658d5a5deddec1d7a2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2541587d43a3285b28c9615cd40864c7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7b27cad68c12821c436794bf0b32f310.jpeg

For all of about 15 minutes, I was one of the top 20 scores posted on the day carts began showing up for the first buyers. 😛 

image.thumb.jpeg.14267bf93a1bdcf0235a36ab38a5d255.jpeg

Haha. I was on top of it for mebbe a couple months, 'till others caught up, a few weeks after it was out.

Was just too lazy to keep pushing for faster, TBH. 

:D

It's really a much more fun game when you know what you plan to do, and essentially speedrun it, try to nip every bit of time away.

I guess I hadn't mentioned, to the topic starter, that I was one of the best to ever play this game, lol.

:P

CC.jpg

• Thanks 1

I also have one of the collector editions.   I remember sitting at the wait on the computer the morning for the game to go on sale to score one...

They were supposed to be working on Casey's Gold, then they announced this game, and 2 years later still no word on Casey's Gold.