IGNORED

Graph2fnt

emkay

• 1 month later...
emkay Wasn't TEZZ up to put some very cool Stuff here? (as the SOTB picture)
Yes indeed. I've not been on the forum for weeks now, just checking in this evening after a long time, there's some really good stuff happening on th A8 scene, it's good to see. I'm totally busy with work unfortunately and haven't had any free time this year at all. I intend to post the G2Fs ASAP there were a couple of errors to correct before posting them hense they have not appeared. It's a shame that there was no reply to the extended error checking that we discussed earlier, that would be a great help. I have worked on a lot of RMT tracks the last couple of years which I haven't posted either. Hopefully will get some free time to be more involved again soon. I'll try and get the pics posted soon.

Some nice G2F work lately, the scorpions title is great. Good to see more creative work.

I agree that the overlap 3rd colour would be good to include in G2F, I would also like to see rotational colour pallettes included which can be used to good effect such as the monex title and also the bombjack title I worked on last year. The extended error correction would be number 1 on my wish list for G2F though.

C U. Tezz

The extended error correction would be number 1 on my wish list for G2F though.

1027831[/snapback]

Guess which feature on my wish list is my #1...

I decided to quiesce my activities with G2F until it is available, since it would

reduce the 'debugging' work enormous.

The extended error correction would be number 1 on my wish list for G2F though.

1027831[/snapback]

Guess which feature on my wish list is my #1...

I decided to quiesce my activities with G2F until it is available, since it would

reduce the 'debugging' work enormous.

1028857[/snapback]

Where's the problem exactly?

I miss several functions of the real hardware, like overlay colour, the missing GTIA modes and single scanline graphics-mode-changing.

What makes this "extended error correction" essential, not to finish pictures?

Where's the problem exactly?

I miss several functions of the real hardware, like overlay colour, the missing GTIA modes and single scanline graphics-mode-changing.

What makes this "extended error correction" essential, not to finish pictures?

It is not essential, but it is a question of efficiency.

Conflict resolving takes to much time with the operations available now. My spare time is very limited, and if the resolving of conflicts takes to long, the task of creating G2F pictures is rescheduled to the future.

The resolving of conflicts in the 'wheatfield' image took about 1.5 hrs.

1.5 hrs of work which wasn't fun in every way, since you loose your artistic intention and subordinate your image the technical needs. Additionally the tool like it is now supports this process not very comfortable: making a annoying work even more annoying. :x

It's just a guess but I think that the conflict resolving with my posted GUI-mock-up decreases the time for this process drastically.

I cannot (and even not want to) push TeBe (outstanding work anyhow!), but personally my time is to expensive to work with G2F at this stage. I hope that he

will release something like the proposed solution soon and then I saved the time

just by waiting while doing other 'important things'... ;)

Edited by Irgendwer

You do not pass from limitations simply case.

At first they let's familiarize with capabilities ANTIC.

It will not help program of you from reflection.

Tezz does not pass from limitations of equipment absolutely case, perhaps Irgendwer also. Reading of instruction of program GED (Atari XE/XL) can help.

Edited by tebe

You do not pass from limitations simply case.

At first they let's familiarize with capabilities ANTIC.

It will not help program of you from reflection.

Tezz does not pass from limitations of equipment absolutely case, perhaps Irgendwer also. Reading of instruction of program GED (Atari XE/XL) can help.

1028988[/snapback]

I'm not sure if I understand your posting correctly, but I was not talking about limitations but comfort.

Keep it up!

Irgendwer It is not essential, but it is a question of efficiency.

Conflict resolving takes to much time with the operations available now. My spare time is very limited, and if the resolving of conflicts takes to long, the task of creating G2F pictures is rescheduled to the future.

nicely explained :)

Tebe You do not pass from limitations simply case
Hi Tebe, I think what you meant there is that we cannot get around the limitations of ANTIC. That's not really what we are asking. What we would like to see included in G2F is a better and quicker way for us to debug and correct any errors we have made by using a GUI based error correction. I used to use GED many years ago and I understand the parameters of Antic but, it is possible for us to make mistakes when we are concentrating artistically which we can correct at the end of the process. For an example, I work on my pictures in sections so normally I then have too many changes when I cut and paste the sections together. It is always possible for me to correct these errors because I carefully plan which registers i am changing but a GUI would make this correcting process very much faster to do.

Keep up the good work Tebe, G2F is a great tool.

emkay What makes this "extended error correction" essential, not to finish pictures?
To shorten the time needed to correct the errors and finish the pictures.

emkay I miss several functions of the real hardware, like overlay colour
Yes, that would be nice to include in a future version. It is a useful feature of Antic.

Tezz ;)

This makes me think that the "Shadow of the Beast" screen isn't really finished aka not really possible, as you have to much changes in one scanline?

This makes me think that the "Shadow of the Beast" screen isn't really finished aka not really possible, as you have to much changes in one scanline?

No no, you're missing the point we are making, we are not trying to make the impossible possible, we just want to extend the error checking into an editable gui so we can make corrections faster than manually examining and editing the picture which can take many hours. The pictures I mentioned and posted gifs of are possible of course, there would be no point showing them otherwise. I have in fact done about 70% of SOTB with 0 errors but it takes an age to work on hense the reason for requesting this new feature. Perhaps we have not explained why this feature would be of such benefit to everyone clearly enough ? I work on my pictures in sections and cutting and pasting these together can produce initially too many changes on a scanline which need to be corrected by hand such as for instance, by changing a pm size, position, or a colour value over previous scanlines. It's a very time consuming process by hand but, if we had the ability to edit all the changes in a gui that the error checking feature now only lists, we can do this very much faster. The other pics I showed such as bombjack are already done, I'll post them for the G2F archive.

Hope that's a bit clearer

g2f 3.8.4.2 http://g2f.atari8.info

CTRL+C (CHECK), press right mouse button at line with ERROR, click on popup OPTIMIZE

Should do what? In many cases grayed out or enabled on lines which contain changes but no

errors.

BTW: Do you have thought about making G2F open source?

Keep on!

Irgendwer

Da deine Herkunft Deutschland ist, gehe ich mal davon aus, dass es besser ist, in deutsch darüber zu schreiben ;)

Die "Optimyzing" Funktion greift erst, wenn zu viele Wechsel pro Zeile gemacht werden.

G2F zeigt dir doch mittlerweile, welche Register verändert werden. Mit "optymizing" wird das jeweilige Fenster geöffnet und das angewählte Register (Klick auf den Namen) kann direkt geändert werden.

Wenn es nicht anders geht, muss man eben das Register auf einer Zeile davor oder danach ändern.

Viel komfortabler geht's nicht mehr :)

Da deine Herkunft Deutschland ist, gehe ich mal davon aus, dass es besser ist, in deutsch darüber zu schreiben ;)

Die "Optimyzing" Funktion greift erst, wenn zu viele Wechsel pro Zeile gemacht werden.

G2F zeigt dir doch mittlerweile, welche Register verändert werden. Mit "optymizing" wird das jeweilige Fenster geöffnet und das angewählte Register (Klick auf den Namen) kann direkt geändert werden.

Wenn es nicht anders geht, muss man eben das Register auf einer Zeile davor oder danach ändern.

Viel komfortabler geht's nicht mehr :)

I answer in english, since I think that this topic could be also interesing for other readers.

(Aber latürnich 'verstehe' ich deutsch.)

Examine the appended g2f file. In line 6 & 7 I get the contextual menu entry, but when I select it, nothing happens

(which I understand, because there is no error).

The 'optimizing' entry of the menu in line 100 is disabled, but this line contains an error - so I wonder what this

entry is about.

And about your 'Viel komfortabler geht's nicht mehr :)' statement (which means: 'ain't much more confort than this'):

I cannot spread changes easily to other lines, since I have to enter the values over & over again with different user actions

in different dialogs. IMHO the difference to my proposal is still huge.

And since I do not like just to zing, but also help practically, I asked if an open source release for G2F is possible?

But there is no doubt that this is an improvement.

Irgendwer

test.zip

Edited by Irgendwer

The 'optimizing' entry of the menu in line 100 is disabled, but this line contains an error - so I wonder what this

entry is about.

It's a logical problem of G2F.

You use 48 bytes width. So less changes in the DLI-range are possible. Switch to 40 bytes and everything is ok.

Edited by emkay

You use 48 bytes width. So less changes in the DLI-range are possible. Switch to 40 bytes and everything is ok.

Still wonder what this entry is about. See attachment. 40 bytes width, still inaccessible (line 100).

Additionally can anyone confirm the bug, that the application hangs if you select an PM object positioned 'at'

-1 and select the 'left edge' button?

Gruß

Irgendwer

test2.zip

Still wonder what this entry is about. See attachment. 40 bytes width, still inaccessible (line 100).

Additionally can anyone confirm the bug, that the application hangs if you select an PM object positioned 'at'

-1 and select the 'left edge' button?

Gruß

Irgendwer

OK. Those seem to be two bugs.