IGNORED

Graph2fnt

emkay

Now imagine the Degree of the sun shining over the area and the street is even dirty and dry.... "my" correction is simply more realistic. And why not using the best possibilities?

Just to answer (I wonder what you want anyhow?):

* In the picture the sun is rather far away from the highest position (examine

the shadows of the trees). This means a high reduction of light(ness).

(For my taste the grass under the trees is still to light, but the original and

I ran out of colors... ;) )

* I my version, the shadow has more contrast to the way which I like

personally more. I think that the brownish antialiasing effect of the tree

shadows sets a better accentuation in my image too. So hit me.

* A big advantage of art compared to photography is, that art CAN respect

the human physiognomy of seeing, which IS subjective, while photography is

objective measurement of light which NOT respects the human recognition of

the scene.

* And finally the lightness of the image is very dependent on the TV adjustment,

the color profile used for the emulation etc. - so just take the picture as I have

created it: My personal impression of the scene.

And don't tell my how wheatfields are looking - my uncle is farmer... :D

irgendwer...great holy shit good pic... :D are you coming from atari or what is your atari background?

944675[/snapback]

In 1984 the XL was my first computer. I loved the "Touch Tablet/Atari Artist". :lust:

Beside this, the machine was the reason to became a computer scientist.

Think I have to recover my old disks & transfer the old images to PC.

There are some 4 col pix which would enjoy a multi-color brush up...

What a fine bunch of nice G2F-pix here in this thread!!! :cool:

I see people suggest some improvements from time to time, so why not try to make an 'official list' of the most important things to add/improve (in one place/post) ?

I especially would like to see Emkay's remarks that would be clearly shown (step-by-step maybe) as regards his hires-color mixing techniques and so on...

Afterwards, I'll translate and post all this to the G2F's author, of course. :)

The window displaying register values on the line you're working on would be good. Definately being able to edit this table to change and/or add register values is something I have thought useful in the past, that would be a great help. Perhaps a "real time" error check and possibly an intelligent error correction to spread changes over the previous line/s when too many changes have been made on a single scanline as can happen a lot when using cut and paste. So far this has to be manually diagnosed and corrected which is a long job.

I would really like to be able to edit the PMs size/position/colour during zoom mode as it's difficult to see with pixel acuracy when zoomed out. I normally set the position then zoom in to make sure i've got it correct then zoom back out to set it again etc..

942575[/snapback]

@Dracon: I think, that the table based display & change of register values would be a nice and not to complicated enhancement for the next version. I agree, that a common wish-list would be practical, but we have to find a maintainer for that. Until now, I thought 'tebe' himself or you would collect feature wishes from the posts of this group?! How become feature requests reality in the past?

@Tezz: Yes, sometimes the positioning of validity areas of colors/objects are very

difficult in native resolution. But you can give yourself more comfort when using

one of the many 'desktop-magnification-tools' like I do.

What I miss, is a kind of statistical overlay display, where areas which are covered

by PM-graphics are shown in 8 different colors for each player & missle.

Arrangement of additional objects could be done with more ease in this mode...

g2f 3.8.3.7 (10.10.2005)

option CHECK new features

945730[/snapback]

:D

That's great!

I can now easily see the value set on the line, clicking on the check list now pops up the edit colours / edit sprite window. Is it possible to display the registers value that is set in the check window?

For example: Playfield_Color2_PF2 = $48

@ Tebe :cool:

g2f 3.8.3.7 (10.10.2005)

option CHECK new features

945730[/snapback]

I've done a little GUI-mock up for my 'check-window-wish'.

What you cannot identify in the image, is that the table is editable! So you can

change values or add another change...

Please ask when something is not clear tebe.

To all others: What is your opinion about my GUI draft?

post-7778-1129021189_thumb.png

To all others: What is your opinion about my GUI draft?
Yes, this is pretty much it, with the check windows listing all of the values so we can see and edit the values at a glance and quickly sort out errors made whilst getting carried away with the art! :D

Perhaps we could also include a check box to clear selected pm data on the line you are editing (for example .. Line 1: "P1" - shape data [check box here to blank shape data on this line] "M1" - shape data etc.....) so that when we have to spread the commands across the previous line/s there is no player shape data added.

I hope that makes sense. :roll:

Until now, I thought 'tebe' himself or you would collect feature wishes from the posts of this group?! How become feature requests reality in the past?

Yeah, you're right. That's what it used to be. :)

So far I helped out to create G2F's manual in English.

I sometimes did the translation-job for TeBe in harder cases (requests) and... it was quite easy when I myself figured out what an user wanted to ask for ... ;)

But of course it's up to TeBe what to include in the Graph2fnt. ;)

I guess, there's no need to have a special 'maintaner' person who can only collect all your requests - just try to be as understandable as you can, describe carefully (maybe with using some clear examples) what would you like to get, etc. in this (or similar) thread. Maybe your prayers will be answered sooner or later. :D

BTW. nice suggestion you made recently (that extended view with all registry changes!) :cool:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

g2f v3.8.3.9 http://g2f.atari8.info

- Improved editing of charset, editing of screen

- New compression of chars added JGP

- File 'default.set' substituted by 'g2f.ini'

- Animations of selections added (Special..Flashing selections)

- Maximum optimization of program for interrupt DLI

- Liquid sparking for program DLI added and turning out of color (under conditions, that no changes have taken a stand in first 8 lines of screens)

just had time to update one of my favourite pictures. Plz, emkay don't take it to personal but the Pirates picture was missing a little detail. Why the hell is the sea of the same color like the sky?? I know, you tried to imitate the original style as much as you could but I like it much more to have a 8bit picture using as much colors as possible. And in this case it is so easy!! Now the sea is blue as it is supposed to be and the sky is purple like sunset. it looks sooo great on a real machine, so like it or hate it :))

post-2336-1135549756_thumb.jpg

just had time to update one of my favourite pictures. Plz, emkay don't take it to personal but the Pirates picture was missing a little detail. Why the hell is the sea of the same color like the sky?? I know, you tried to imitate the original style as much as you could but I like it much more to have a 8bit picture using as much colors as possible. And in this case it is so easy!! Now the sea is blue as it is supposed to be and the sky is purple like sunset. it looks sooo great on a real machine, so like it or hate it :))

989174[/snapback]

The picture is intended to have some "sunset glow". The water is reflecting the colour of the sky. And, the sea isn't really the same colour as the sky, because it fades into blue already...

Indeed your picture shows two more colours, but the image is ruined.

989174[/snapback]

The picture is intended to have some "sunset glow". The water is reflecting the colour of the sky. And, the sea isn't really the same colour as the sky, because it fades into blue already...

Indeed your picture shows two more colours, but the image is ruined.

989183[/snapback]

hehe . I know that you think like this :) .. but i's my personal point of view.. and btw, 4 more colours are added *gg

\twh