IGNORED

AtariAge Store Last Chance Sale!

Albert

44 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Order Date: 06/22/2023 02:56pm

Haven't yet got a shipping confirmation.

Its your fault for sending him the stripper-cheerleaders. Now he's distracted. 

Everyone, reroute all impatiently waiting complaints to Stephen.

Edited by JagChris
  • Haha 5

22 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

I placed mine June 23rd and received them last Monday, January 22nd. I know it’s taken time, but unless some of the buyers are first time buyers, I’m surprised to hear that they feel like they’re never going to receive their items. I’ve never had an issue placing an order and receiving my items. Sure this particular order has taken time, but as it’s been said before, lots of product to build/ship and only one Al. 🙂

Ordered mine the same day as you.  The morning of June 23.  I have not received anything (no shipping confirmation either).

18 hours ago, JagChris said:

Its your fault for sending him the stripper-cheerleaders. Now he's distracted. 

Everyone, reroute all impatiently waiting complaints to Stephen.

Well, maybe we could just post more pics of stripper-cheerleaders to pass the time?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

Well, maybe we could just post more pics of stripper-cheerleaders to pass the time?

Well Al probably ran out of out of dollar bills so he's been tipping them in 2600+ consoles and stuffing your carts in whatever skimpy thing it is they're wearing.

Wade Rosen: Albert, what the hell happened to all our inventory? And who are those girls over there giggling and smacking each other on the ass?

Albert: damn you Stephen...

Edited by JagChris

9 hours ago, JagChris said:

Went and got Popeye, my last package. Its fantastic and brutally hard on arcade mode. Thanks @darryl1970!

Yet, but it's easier than the actual arcade game :) .. It will get easier once you understand Brutus's behavior patterns.

Here's a long-play video. You might get some insight into that behavior.

6 hours ago, JagChris said:

You haven't played Popeye until you've played it in the original RF. 

Look how beautiful.

17066904544515349107190449967091.jpg

17066905063274844726971300242956.jpg

I really like the RF look myself. I also really enjoy the crispness of the 7800GD component out, but I had RF in mind when I was making the game.

The ship staircases are a slightly different color on RF, due to the artifacting between the BG and color of the steps. It's so subtle that my phone camera doesn't pick it up, but they become more orange than yellow.

EDIT: I think I recorded the video above using the 7800GD output, which also does not have the stair artifact color. My phone BARELY pics up the color difference between the staircases and the floors. It's a little more pronounced with the naked eye, but I think it adds a little.
20210222_195649.thumb.jpg.d785ba0235b4d41485a8415df9d532b9.jpg

• Like 4

On 1/28/2024 at 11:54 AM, sramirez2008 said:

I placed mine June 23rd and received them last Monday, January 22nd.

I’m surprised to hear that they feel like they’re never going to receive their items. I’ve never had an issue placing an order and receiving my items. 

Oh man, I placed mine the 28th so looks like I'm getting closer!! :) Basically once these arrive I'm instantly putting another order in for Penalt, EXO, ARTI, etc...

Yeah, All of US know we will get our games eventually but we've been here forever...I mean it was almost 20 years ago I placed my first store order 😄 (I'm actually starting to have legit nostalgia for early homebrews lol)

Now, a more casual collector though or even first time store order might be getting a little nervous...I have a feeling this sale attracted a lot of attention in the video game community (resellers, etc...) some of these guys might not even be forum members...

• Like 2

On 1/28/2024 at 1:26 PM, groundtrooper said:

Even with Al’s multiple email updates …

I would reckon the wildly inaccurate guess in initial email of 2-3 months did not ameliorate expectations. But I’m not sure I could be honest enough to tell customers, “I have entered an unrelenting nightmare with no hope of escape.”

Anyhoo, all hail King Albert!

@Albert shared a peek at the process of building 7800 Popeye cartridges. It is a LOT of work, and I do not know how he does it as quickly as he does. It's a lot of tedious steps. EPROMs need burnt, and then they need hand soldered to each board. I believe the 2600 carts are a little quicker process. However, they all require shells and labels. To build them as meticulously as he does takes time and patience on his part.

A friend texted me that he got his copy yesterday. I am glad to see that the latest batch is making it out there.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, darryl1970 said:

@Albert shared a peek at the process of building 7800 Popeye cartridges. It is a LOT of work, and I do not know how he does it as quickly as he does. It's a lot of tedious steps. EPROMs need burnt, and then they need hand soldered to each board. I believe the 2600 carts are a little quicker process. However, they all require shells and labels. To build them as meticulously as he does takes time and patience on his part.

There's also a HOKEY chip on the board, so those have to be programmed and soldered first (which Fred does), but there's also a PLD on the board, so I also need to program and solder that in addition to the EPROM.  This particular board is fairly simple.  The Attack of the PETSCII Robots has four chips on it: HOKEY, EPROM, RAM, and a PLD, plus several discretes (caps/resistors).  Same with the Keystone Koppers board. 

..Al

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Crazy Climber said:

Now, a more casual collector though or even first time store order might be getting a little nervous...I have a feeling this sale attracted a lot of attention in the video game community (resellers, etc...) some of these guys might not even be forum members...

Good point. This, and Amazon has created a ridiculous expection of practically receiving an item, before you place your order. 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I placed three orders at the end of June, got them the end of Jan. One order from July still pending, but it includes an Atarivox. I presume that Al batches things to a bit, so some orders wait until all items are ready. Makes no sense to do one copy of a title at a time. Makes more sense to make 10-20 at a time or more.

It's A LOT of work to assemble this stuff not counting packaging for shipping and getting it all right. Its a pain in the ass for me to just package one part and ship it to a customer for my automation company along side my day job and the automation design work.

I was happy to wait. I still haven't even played them all yet. People just have to get over themselves. Remember mail order out of the back of magazines in the 70's? Lucky to get stuff at all but them the whiners are probably all Zoomers...

I only regret not buying more...

Edited by Zonie

1 hour ago, Zonie said:

I presume that Al batches things to a bit, so some orders wait until all items are ready. Makes no sense to do one copy of a title at a time. Makes more sense to make 10-20 at a time or more.

Yep, that is exactly what I am doing.  I am working on another 620 games that will be shipped by this weekend, comprising another 150 or so Last Chance orders, and then right after that will be building another large batch of games for about 200 more orders, which will take another 1-2 weeks to ship beyond that.  Plus I am also working on regular orders, but that volume is much lower in terms of number of games I need to build to keep up with those, so I work on them in parallel with the Last Chance order.  I am making good progress, I just need to stay focused.  :)

..Al

• Like 12

My first order was on June 6 2023 and it shipped Jan 19 2024. So, 26 weeks?

My second order was a week later on July 3, Hasn't shipped yet.

So, I guessing that the quantity of orders is WAY underestimated by most people.

2 hours ago, Albert said:

I am making good progress, I just need to stay focused.  :)

..Al

I've got free shipping on my Sams club. Let me know if you need a 24 pack of 5 Hour energy.   ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Albert said:

Yep, that is exactly what I am doing.  I am working on another 620 games that will be shipped by this weekend, comprising another 150 or so Last Chance orders, and then right after that will be building another large batch of games for about 200 more orders, which will take another 1-2 weeks to ship beyond that.  Plus I am also working on regular orders, but that volume is much lower in terms of number of games I need to build to keep up with those, so I work on them in parallel with the Last Chance order.  I am making good progress, I just need to stay focused.  :)

..Al

Al, so how many last chance orders and how many carts? Are you willing to share this info?