IGNORED

Fujinet needs repair

I got around to upgrading my Fujinet firmware this evening.  I tried loading drivers, pushing buttons, changing cables and a bunch of other stuff and could not get the flasher to recognize the FN... nothing worked!

So I decided to try the other one.  Plugged it in and away it went... upgraded the first time.  No problem...  

Then I went back to the first one and noticed that the USB port on the FN board was crooked. I took apart the FN and found that the USB port had some bad solder joints on it and was totally wiggling.  I never used it before so never noticed it was defective.  I tried soldering two of the connections to tighten it up but I am not equipped to deal with the five tiny connections on the port.  SMD soldering is a little bit out of my league...  

Anyone know someone who can fix it?  (This one came from VCC so I cannot send it back to Gavin). 

5 hours ago, bf2k+ said:

I got around to upgrading my Fujinet firmware this evening.  I tried loading drivers, pushing buttons, changing cables and a bunch of other stuff and could not get the flasher to recognize the FN... nothing worked!

So I decided to try the other one.  Plugged it in and away it went... upgraded the first time.  No problem...  

Then I went back to the first one and noticed that the USB port on the FN board was crooked. I took apart the FN and found that the USB port had some bad solder joints on it and was totally wiggling.  I never used it before so never noticed it was defective.  I tried soldering two of the connections to tighten it up but I am not equipped to deal with the five tiny connections on the port.  SMD soldering is a little bit out of my league...  

Anyone know someone who can fix it?  (This one came from VCC so I cannot send it back to Gavin). 

Send it to me,  I will fix it and send it back to you.  Shipping *from* me will be covered.  If it is beyond repair, I will replace it for you, again, free.  No worries.  Just my way of being a benefit to the community.

The Brewing Academy

15 Court St

Woodland, CA 95695

Please put #RMA_AA_VCC somewhere on the package.

-M

• Like 6

Marlin, you and Gavin have always been two of the biggest assets our little community have had. Now that we've lost Gavin, temporarily at least, I pray you stay happy and healthy and put up with us for a long time to come. As long as I'm in a praying mood, I pray Gavin rejoins us sooner rather than later or never.

• 3 months later...

Since this repair thread is here figure I would put this out there, broke some pins on the SIO connector and wondering what is the best recommendation for repair, or if there is anyone willing to make this repair?

Looks like these connectors might have been krimped onto the columns?

Fujinetpins.jpg.1e852aeadfaf0cdb8686080fe8eb9e8d.jpg

Edited by doctorclu