IGNORED

The Atari 2600+ is live for preorders!

jgkspsx

1 hour ago, Dr Karnov said:

On the beta I'm currently testing, my PAL carts of Ms Pacman and Choplifter are not  working.

I know that overall 7800 emulation / compatibility is being worked on as we speak

Commando is the most important game 🤙

Choplifter not working is bad...

What about Xevious and Food Fight?

4 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

I think the PAL 7800 issues have just been solved, just waiting for the build, hopefully tomorrow.

As good as this news is, it's the 22nd of December tomorrow. You guys should all take a break, enjoy the holidays and come back in the new year. 

I finish tomorrow too. Merry Christmas everyone! 

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

As good as this news is, it's the 22nd of December tomorrow. You guys should all take a break, enjoy the holidays and come back in the new year. 

I finish tomorrow too. Merry Christmas everyone! 

No I can't rest till it's done. By hook or by crook I'm getting this bastard update out asap.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 3

On 12/20/2023 at 8:34 PM, Ben from Plaion said:

Development work is done. Everything I mentioned I would do has been completed. Few additional things have been added. Only omission is no work has been done on MNetwork bank switching because I haven't yet got any carts.

There was 2 developers working and now I'm waiting for their work to be merged together.

Then test and release. Thinking I may release it as a beta on Atari Age first.

I will finally be able to unwrap my Atari 2600+ on the morning of December 25th. 

I hope that Santa will also bring me the new beta firmware at the same time, so I can immediately flash my console and play my 125 Atari 2600 PAL game cartridges. 😇

@Ben from Plaion I hope you already have a Santa Claus costume? There isn't much time left to find one 😋

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Electric-Dreams said:

I will finally be able to unwrap my Atari 2600+ on the morning of December 25th. 

I hope that Santa will also bring me the new beta firmware at the same time, so I can immediately flash my console and play my 125 Atari 2600 PAL game cartridges. 😇

@Ben from Plaion I hope you already have a Santa Claus costume? There isn't much time left to find one 😋

You'll have to let us all know which games you most enjoy playing on the new hardware 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Electric-Dreams said:

Well, it might all go to shit still but I want that Christmas miracle.

Current status is hopefully all the code now is good, its gone over to the factory and they will build me final (again hope) firmware tomorrow. They will test, I will test, a few guys from AA will test. If all seems ok it will go out as a beta on AA toot sweet.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 8

4 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Current status is hopefully all the code now is good, its gone over to the factory and they will build me final (again hope) firmware tomorrow. They will test, I will test, a few guys from AA will test. If all seems ok it will go out as a beta on AA toot sweet.

Looking forward to the update.

Curious to know... what any progress made on fixing this issue detailed here with certain versions of white shelled Coleco cartridges?  It keeps popping up where I see people complaining that their Coleco games doesn't work even though they are on the compatibility list as "PASS".

4 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

🤟🏻

We're all gonna be playing around with an update on Xmas day aren't we? 🤔😋🤣

Just now, Dr Karnov said:

I'm afraid I don't have those carts.

I have 27 x 7800 carts, mixture of PAL and NTSC, and on this latest firmware they all work perfectly 

Encouraging then! 

Thank you for this update. I can't believe they are working on this on Saturday 23rd December. 😬

Any news on the release?

• Like 2