IGNORED

The Atari 2600+ is live for preorders!

jgkspsx

2 minutes ago, MMarcoux66 said:

Love the lottery idea and making sure that the Stella developers get some as well.

Can't wait until next week. Out of curiosity if it is known, will the ones ordered directly from Atari ship early so that they are in our hands on the 17th?

Hahah... I was thinking the same thing. When something is available at Amazon on a specific day, it shows up on that specific day. I wouldn't be mad at Atari if the Amazon people got it sooner than I did (who bought it direct from Atari). But it would be nice to get it at least around the same time.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MMarcoux66 said:

Love the lottery idea and making sure that the Stella developers get some as well.

Can't wait until next week. Out of curiosity if it is known, will the ones ordered directly from Atari ship early so that they are in our hands on the 17th?

These kind of questions become a bit tricky for me in a way as although I speak with some authority on everything 2600+, I feel a bit awkward answering on Ataris behalf directly on their matters. Ping their customer services the question.

Having said that I can confirm all initial manufactured stocks for launch day have all been received in good time by Plaion DCs in US, EU and Australia and have been dispatched to retail customers according to plan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Mate I wish I could, maybe you can be entrant number 1 on the lottery, I'll talk to Al over the weekend how best to do this.

Well... just so you guys know, if I win it... I plan to sell it on eBay (after gloating and taking pictures of myself with it) and then give all the proceeds to charity. I love me some 2600+ and I bought one (and have two new Atari VCS systems), but I have no idea what I'd do with a huge-ass VIP box like that. I know someone else would want it... and if that can help some poor kids through Saving Innocence or World Vision, then I'm down with it.

56 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

PXL_20231110_201755470.jpg

Any chance I can see the whole entertainment center? It looks very modern... I'm intrigued by the grate you have over the cabinet door... the architecture side of me wants to see your whole entertainment center... haha...

• Like 1

Huh, wondered why the different release dates depending on order place. When I ordered my Atari stuff, it was Amazon and the date was Nov 17, but Atari site release was Dec 17. Maybe ill get mine Nov 17, that would be awesome. Over a month later the paddle come back up for order and I ordered an extra set, still had the Nov 17 date, so idk.

On labels, Activision issue to my understanding was the glue, which had a weird issue of bleeding through the labels and oxidizing, which does look nasty, but seems to be an Activision thing. Atari had issues too, but I think there's was to little glue and (especially end labels) would dry up and pop off. Who doesn't have quite a few games missing end labels?

24 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

Well... just so you guys know, if I win it... I plan to sell it on eBay (after gloating and taking pictures of myself with it) and then give all the proceeds to charity. I love me some 2600+ and I bought one (and have two new Atari VCS systems), but I have no idea what I'd do with a huge-ass VIP box like that. I know someone else would want it... and if that can help some poor kids through Saving Innocence or World Vision, then I'm down with it.

Any chance I can see the whole entertainment center? It looks very modern... I'm intrigued by the grate you have over the cabinet door... the architecture side of me wants to see your whole entertainment center... haha...

Top man, what considerate thoughts. Worlds a better place with those kind intentions.

Now onto my entertainment centre. Standard ikea sideboard with hack cut outs for grills intended for fridge freezers, this for some air flow for speaker subs, consoles and surround amp. Works well. Nice place in the evening to test 2600 cart compatibility!

PXL_20231110_214322613.thumb.jpg.3c0f4b25b5c1780b8785ef931e780959.jpg

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Video said:

Huh, wondered why the different release dates depending on order place. When I ordered my Atari stuff, it was Amazon and the date was Nov 17, but Atari site release was Dec 17. Maybe ill get mine Nov 17, that would be awesome. Over a month later the paddle come back up for order and I ordered an extra set, still had the Nov 17 date, so idk.

On labels, Activision issue to my understanding was the glue, which had a weird issue of bleeding through the labels and oxidizing, which does look nasty, but seems to be an Activision thing. Atari had issues too, but I think there's was to little glue and (especially end labels) would dry up and pop off. Who doesn't have quite a few games missing end labels?

If Amazon stated that date then I'd be personally confident with it. They are quite fastidious on stock supply timing.

Yeah the Activision glue, it's funny cause I tested every companies 2600 carts recently and iirc only Activision labels perished like that. I tell you something there was some insane cost cutting measures made by a lot of 2600 cart manufacturers as time went on in the lifetime of the 2600, I think it was Activision that in late lifetime changed their carts from 2 piece hard ABS plastic to a god awful 1 piece soft plastic clamshell with 1 colour labels. It was pretty depressing to witness the degradation.

• Like 2

Just now, Dr Karnov said:

Will the full £24.99 release ofBerzerk and Mr Run & Jump come in sleeves like this, or will it be full box and manual?

atari-2600plus.large.jpg

In the US, these releases are $29.99, and they include the cartridge, the sleeve, and box.  No manual is included at this price point.

Group_567_3.webp

..Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Comes in the sleeve and a full box, digital manual here https://atari.com/pages/berzerk

That's hardly what I call a digital manual; especially as it doesn't go into what the difficulty switches do nor does it go into what the game select variations might be.   Folks like us can get by becauses we can always pull it up on this site through the database, but the casual customer may not know to look there to figure out what the game select options are.   

• Like 4

7 hours ago, ls650 said:

Amazon

First I've heard of delays.  Amazon Canada is still saying Nov 17:

image.png.7f7417135059eaa84e9d0f777ddd74f1.png

Folks, this is nothing new.   Apple does this same thing with their own items where they'll announce for preorder on say Sept 10 for delivery Sept 17, but you wait around for a bit and hop on the preorder and manage to see the November 17.  Great.   You go back to the website a couple days later and suddenly it's December 17?   Doesn't mean the product is delayed.  It means whoever is trying to order that ** now ** is stuck with that new date.   Steam went through the same thing with their SteamDeck where if you didn't preorder that thing in a certain time, you were waiting an extra six months while the early pre-orders got theirs months before.

The Atari sale is no different.  If you go to your order status, it'll have the projected ship date when you visit the store page and pull it up.  My order status is still showing the 2600+ and Berzerk.

Edited by ForceInfinity
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ForceInfinity said:

That's hardly what I call a digital manual; especially as it doesn't go into what the difficulty switches do nor does it go into what the game select variations might be.   Folks like us can get by becauses we can always pull it up on this site through the database, but the casual customer may not know to look there to figure out what the game select options are.   

/signed

1 hour ago, ForceInfinity said:

It's literally a copy of the text from the original Bezerk manual;

https://archive.org/details/Berzerk_1982_Atari/page/n1/mode/1up

Other games have much more detail on game modes, like Video Olympics

https://atari.com/pages/videoolympics

And there is a mention on game select and game resets on the quick start guide here

https://atari.com/pages/quick

18 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

It's literally a copy of the text from the original Bezerk manual;

https://archive.org/details/Berzerk_1982_Atari/page/n1/mode/1up

@Ben from Plaion The manual I know is much more detailed. E.g.:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-berzerk_7232.html

Maybe you can rework that.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1