IGNORED

The Atari 2600+ is live for preorders!

jgkspsx

53 minutes ago, mksmith said:

Modern homebrew yes but original retail games or early homebrew with pokey is @ $4000. The prosystem emulator may not support it correctly.  

As a default I fully support the most common settings. It would be nice to have them documented for eventual homebrews that want to treat the 2600+ as an advanced 7800/2600 unit with extra resources.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2023 at 7:33 PM, Ben from Plaion said:

Ha, I had a sealed Fatal Run 2600 in my hands today. I have put it to one side to ask if it can be opened.

The 32 in 1 works just same as the original machine where you cycle power on and off to get to the next game

My 2600+ arrived from Amazon UK this morning and this was the first cart I tried - I can't make it switch games - how did you do that on the 2600+?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Keep the cart in power off and power on and it flicks to the next game.

User error.  LOL.  (It has been many decades since I played this on any hardware)  Pulling and putting the cart back in does it too.

You've done a magnificent job with the 2600+.  I am really happy with mine.

Edited by THX-1138
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dr Karnov said:

Wow, 2 days early!

Have you tried any PAL 7800 carts in it? How do they run?

I have two 7800 carts, one was from the US - not sure about the other but both powered on fine, but I've not played them.  I'm really still unpacking and checking my carts still work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Ben from Plaion When will the compatibility list be updated?

And wouldn't it make sense if someone (e.g. you ;)) created one or two (2600/7800) new topics, where customers can post their test results? Of course only the ones missing or with deviating results from the then current compatibility list. 

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Alarm said:

I'm looking forward to hearing how the 7800 emulation is; if it is great, and almost all carts work fine, I'll preorder the 2600+ and will hopefully get it on Friday.

I've got 26 x 7800 carts, mixture of PAL and NTSC. I'll let you know how they run as soon as I get my machine 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Albert said:

Curious how it was tested?  With 2600 games?  7800 games?  What did or didn't work?  I don't have time to watch all these videos right now.  :)

Thanks!

..Al

The reviewer was using one to play Combat and said it was "sort of picking up my inputs, but wasn't registering them properly".  He could rotate the tank and fire, but nothing else.

Just now, Alarm said:

The reviewer was using one to play Combat and said it was "sort of picking up my inputs, but wasn't registering them properly".  He could rotate the tank and fire, but nothing else.

Thank you.  I'll need to hook my 2600+ back up and test a Genesis controller. 

..Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1