IGNORED

Shoot'em up 3D

DrTypo

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Shoot'em up 3D on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us in the chat!

Games:

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This update is awesome! More levels, new enemies, level counter on top is different, it is faster it seems, and now there is that yellow bar on the top right to allow you to turbo/speed or whatever. Awesome!

Since I suck, anyone able to make an mrq for those of us still using the GD?

22 hours ago, UHATEIT said:

This update is awesome! More levels, new enemies, level counter on top is different, it is faster it seems, and now there is that yellow bar on the top right to allow you to turbo/speed or whatever. Awesome!

Why do you need an mrq??

45 minutes ago, 42bs said:

Why do you need an mrq??

Same reason anyone wants an mrq, so it looks nice on the GD. There's a bunch of comments with regards to it working on a skunk (which I also have) or those that aren't actual Jag owners and could be but are using BigPEMU and don't need it. But for those with the GD it's awesome to have a nice mrq to go with it

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

Same reason anyone wants an mrq, so it looks nice on the GD. There's a bunch of comments with regards to it working on a skunk (which I also have) or those that aren't actual Jag owners and could be but are using BigPEMU and don't need it. But for those with the GD it's awesome to have a nice mrq to go with it

Ah, ok. For me it did sound like, can't play because there is no MRQ. ;-)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 42bs said:

Ah, ok. For me it did sound like, can't play because there is no MRQ. ;-)

Nah man all is good! It plays, I just prefer to play on original hardware and use the GD for the most part but with most demos I don't need an mrq since they arent a completed project, but this one looks pretty solid so I thought a nice mrq would help it look cool when searching my folders. This way if there is ever a final version ill already hwvr the nrq to rename to go with the final rom. I just suck at making them!

• 2 months later...
Fantastic engine! Probably the cleanest piece of homebrew Jag has seen thus far!
As far as the gameplay goes, I wish there was more to it, like enemies that fly in formations, enemy that aren't just charging forward, powerups that don't just gradually increase firepower, maybe even some variance to level geometry, with tunnel turning, narrowing, widening, or splitting.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2024 at 3:58 PM, UHATEIT said:

I don't dont have a GD but wanted to try and help.. I'm a BigPEmu guy. 

see attached .. please let me know if it worked. png2mrq didn't give any errors when writing the file. fingers crossed... if it works can i get a picture from someone? I might wanna tweak it. thanks

jag.mrq

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zeptari said:

I don't dont have a GD but wanted to try and help.. I'm a BigPEmu guy. 

see attached .. please let me know if it worked. png2mrq didn't give any errors when writing the file. fingers crossed... if it works can i get a picture from someone? I might wanna tweak it. thanks

jag.mrq 31.05 kB · 1 download

This is what it looks like on the GD. The top picture shows tho the bottom one is a black box20240707_134726.thumb.jpg.345061fa31868e40e0ffdebf749c2dc6.jpg

On 7/7/2024 at 3:48 PM, UHATEIT said:

This is what it looks like on the GD.

Drat! I'll try and revisit it later this week. Can you show me a different game that has all the info there?