IGNORED

Gamestation Pro

Dr Karnov

This person gives a good idea of whats included.

Looks similar to what came with the VCS or the Atari 50 collection.

2600 games not usually seen I found were

Adventure 2
Aquaventure
Combat 2

And it looks like drag race is a rename of dragster

Also comes with a bunch of piko games. If you haven't tried them they can be pretty good, Jim Power was an unfinished Genesis game and they were able to finish off the music and the levels.

Edited by turbo graphics 220
ad more information
  • Like 1

The fact it can load ROMS from SD increases my interest in it! 

OK even I think this is pretty cool to see, as someone burned out on the overly focused 2600 which, make no mistake I LOVE, great to see some other classic Atari platforms represented, hopefully, this is the start of seeing more products focused on more Atari platforms. NGL this is way better than my skeptical ass expected.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, swlovinist said:

Is there an option to play games aside from the included wireless controllers?  That is the only real downer I see of this product.   

There are two usb-c slots so I really hope so. I am very sensitive to input lag so I prefer wired controllers with this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, swlovinist said:

Is there an option to play games aside from the included wireless controllers?  That is the only real downer I see of this product.   

1 hour ago, donjn said:

There are two usb-c slots so I really hope so. I am very sensitive to input lag so I prefer wired controllers with this.

You can definitely plug the Joysticks into the x2 usb-c ports to power them up ... but does that make them wired or just powered by the ports and still be blue tooth only?  If it makes them wired, then definitely better than the 2600+ option imo.  Plus sd card slot which is verified to accept your own roms.  And it's only $100usd.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, tkarner said:

My problem is with the joystick ergonomics. With their size and button placement you basically have to hold them like a flight stick, and that's not how I play most games.

Yes, I hate flight sticks as well.

Especially in games where the joystick you are moving must also be pressed.

The fact that it can play (almost) all 2600, 5200, and 7800 games (well we'll find out HOW MANY 5200 games she'll play as some were keypad-intensive) makes this a MUST-BUY!!! But, I definitely want to hold onto all of my vintage consoles before doing anything drastic but this will definitely be on my list of to-get things!!!

As for the joysticks to further quell any latency she may have I'll just simply get some 10-12 ft. long USB-C cords as I'm already used to wired controllers so I should have no problemo with that but a 3-in-1 (FIVE if you also include NES and Genesis as well) gaming system is great!!!

Now, whether she plays all homebrews on all 3 of the Atari platforms is another story, I'll be placing my advance order on the Atari GSP ("as in "GameStation Pro", I'll guess we can call her that) and we'll just then find out!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIGHMW said:

As for the joysticks to further quell any latency she may have I'll just simply get some 10-12 ft. long USB-C cords as I'm already used to wired controllers so I should have no problemo with that but a 3-in-1 (FIVE if you also include NES and Genesis as well) gaming system is great!!!

I don't know, it's unclear but I get the impression that those USB ports are just for charging the joysticks.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2023 at 3:44 AM, Defender_2600 said:

So, it has already been shown that it is possible to add 2600, 5200, 7800, NES and Genesis games.

For 5200 emulation looks like they are using Altirra.

I watched these videos too and I am sure that this system is NOT using Altirra. AFAIK Altirra is only available for Windows systems. I am quite sure that you can not buy a Windows system for 99 dollars. In the Genx video you see the Altirra kernel rom mentioned on screen before loading Ballblazer. I think the emulator on the My Arcade is using the Altirra Bios (which is not compatible with many games) in stead of using the original 5200/800 ones. And that is weird, because this is an official licensed product. @phaeron What do you think of this?

When Ballblazer starts you hear the same distorted sound as the libretro 800 core. I am sure this console is using the libretro core. For many games, especially European games, the sound emulation is very bad.

(the video starts when Ballblazer is being loaded)

I ran into this problem when I helped some guys with the Nexus firmware for the Atari Flashback. That one uses the libretro core too and for my taste the sound is too bad to use it as a good 5200/800 emulator.

For the Flashback Nexus firmware I made a comparison video to let the developers hear the difference:

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 2