IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2023 Thread!

CaptainBreakout

On 12/18/2023 at 3:49 PM, CyranoJ said:

and the centerpiece...

image.thumb.png.5ceb4873f6d2ffcb62a796b9026bee54.png

I'm getting some great mileage out of those vintage pac-man pattern leaflets 🤣

I'm glad everything made it ok! The ornament was bought last summer when I had the chance to visit the last Blockbuster. My fiance's reaction to the Touch Me was funny... he's looking at it, asking me about if it's actually vintage, until he hears a plastic sound & looks up to see me pulling a battery out of something- "you already have one." "Yeah, that's how I knew to look for one!" Then he sighed & left. I think I watched a birthday present plan get formed & ruined at the same time 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, HoshiChiri said:

II'm glad everything made it ok! The ornament was bought last summer when I had the chance to visit the last Blockbuster.

It's quite fitting, because at PRGE this year Blockbuster used two of my games!

https://www.reboot-games.com/rebootnews/2023/10/18/blockbuster-wvgc-iv/

• Like 5

One more day of post delivery before Christmas. So far I know nothing about my Secret Santa, so it will be a pleasant surprise if a package (or a slip) awaits for me tomorrow. Otherwise it is fine if it arrives in the middle of next week too, as long as I get it before Valentine's Day.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1

So I haven't said anything yet & have no pictures (for not-showing-address reasons), but now that things are fully sorted: I have double presents!

I got caught very off-guard by a second Secret Santa present, from last year's Santa! Cue emotions of confusion, excitement, then panic that somehow something had gone wrong in net-space & someone would be giftless because the wrong matches got through! But I have communicated back & forth with Chicgamer, all is well, & a thank-you gift is headed to my Double Santa becuase such generosity deserves a reward, dangit!

So look forward to a lil' extra to show off come Christmas Day! 😁

• Like 3

2 hours ago, carlsson said:

One more day of post delivery before Christmas. So far I know nothing about my Secret Santa, so it will be a pleasant surprise if a package (or a slip) awaits for me tomorrow. Otherwise it is fine if it arrives in the middle of next week too, as long as I get it before Valentine's Day.

Did you get a notification of shipment from @chicgamer or @CaptainBreakout?

• Like 1

Too much snow? PostNord the other week had a disclaimer that roads were so slippery that severe delays in delivery would happen. As if they don't have trucks and cars prepared for winter roads. But boy, they know how to toss packets out of the car window once they have something to deliver. Multiple people have witnessed that as well as caught on camera in the last weeks.

18 hours ago, carlsson said:

Not yet, but I suppose not everyone participating in the gift exchange actually forward tracking numbers, and sometimes those tend to be rather untraceable once they go overseas anyway, despite what the services claim the numbers can do.

Looks like there was a little bit of a mix-up with getting the tracking number to you. Just forwarded some info!

Santa Clause Christmas GIF by filmeditor

Edited by chicgamer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since my niece is arriving tomorrow to spend a week with me, I used that as an excuse to open my Secret Santa gift early. :)

Normally, I like to do an unboxing video, but I ended up a little more pressed for time this year, so I just took a picture of all the very cool stuff I received.

My Secret Santa this year was none other than the Immortal John Hancock! How cool is that?

Not only did he send me five physical games, including three of his homebrew releases, but he also sent a USB drive with digital copies of his games on the Atari 2600, Sega Genesis, and Super Nintendo!

I moved in the last year (from Indiana to Virginia), and I don't yet have my Atari systems set up (except for my Jaguar). I'm now really motivated to hook them up so I can try out these games! I do have my Genesis and SNES set up, so maybe I'll find some time before my niece gets here to add those to my flash carts and give them a go. :D 

Thank you so much, Santa! I always love getting new homebrew games, and I really can't wait to play these!

Secret Santa 2023 gift.jpg

Edited by chicgamer
  • Like 10

43 minutes ago, chicgamer said:

Since my niece is arriving tomorrow to spend a week with me, I used that as an excuse to open my Secret Santa gift early. :)

Normally, I like to do an unboxing video, but I ended up a little more pressed for time this year, so I just took a picture of all the very cool stuff I received.

My Secret Santa this year was none other than the Immortal John Hancock! How cool is that?

Not only did he send me five physical games, including three of his homebrew releases, but he also sent a USB drive with digital copies of his games on the Atari 2600, Sega Genesis, and Super Nintendo!

I moved in the last year (from Indiana to Virginia), and I don't yet have my Atari systems set up (except for my Jaguar). I'm now really motivated to hook them up so I can try out these games! I do have my Genesis and SNES set up, so maybe I'll find some time before my niece gets here to add those to my flash carts and give them a go. :D 

Thank you so much, Santa! I always love getting new homebrew games, and I really can't wait to play these!

Secret Santa 2023 gift.jpg

Glad you got info to @carlsson, that's awesome 😎

Hope you enjoy those games, I have several of his games myself.

Thanks again for organizing this. Have fun with your Niece and Merry Christmas!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, carlsson said:

Ooh, what's happening on Valentine's Day? Is there a secret Cupid Gift exchange that I don't know about? Details!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, davidcalgary29 said:

Ooh, what's happening on Valentine's Day? Is there a secret Cupid Gift exchange that I don't know about? Details!

We could call it stupid cupid and swap candy and treats. Might be cheaper if we use Amazon or other online retailers to drop ship.

• Like 1