IGNORED

Star Fighter for the Atari Jaguar, with download!

Gedalya

I created a simple game for the Atari Jaguar that I would like to share (file attached to this thread). It is called Star Fighter and it is a simple Asteroids clone. I consider the game to be a fun diversion. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it. Mind you it is still rough around the edges but it is playable. Any and all feedback is appreciated as I am still polishing the game and your feedback may very well influence the changes I make. Lastly, this game, albeit simple, would not have been possible without the wonderful help I received in the programming threads here on AtariAge as well as the wonderful graphical and music assets created by Ansimuz. Enjoy!

I have tested this game on Virtual Jaguar and on the Atari Jaguar by means of a Skunk board.

If you are a Jaguar developer and are interested in lending a hand let me know, as I am in need of some assistance with more advanced Jaguar programming subject matter!

image.thumb.png.d3f566dbdf0244d9c08d5a0120b63e2e.png

image.thumb.png.3ccdac8dc696de3ba4df683d331351eb.png

starfighter.rom

• Like 15

• 1 month later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Star Fighter on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us in the chat!

Games:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hey this is fun, I like the cartoony ship added to the Asteroids game. I know it is a WIP, the one thing I didn't like was that it auto-reverts back to the ship facing upwards if you let go of the directional D-pad so then you have to hit it again to aim towards the rocks but also it causes the ship to go into that direction as well if that makes sense. But it looks sweet so far!

• 3 months later...

Star Fighter has evolved! Star Fighter has acted as a proof of concept for a new game, Star Streak announced and released in limited quantities at JagFest:

There are some copies left that will be offered on the Songbird website soon. The new game includes several game modes, numerous enemies, and a boss fight with more planned for the final release.  

image.thumb.png.37b053aec13339c198e09ac37a31662a.pngimage.thumb.png.1722d748dd28059c76a769cea7577352.pngimage.thumb.png.d8489bbe6df4a948e531b53172059b93.png

• Like 5