IGNORED

2600+ amazon or preorder from atari

maddigor2

I preordered my 2600+ from Atari on Aug 22nd.  I received a notice yesterday that it shipped, along with my paddle and my extra joystick.  I also ordered Berzerk and Mr Run and jump when I ordered Save Mary.  But, fedex has yet to see the package.  Then today I get another email saying I won't receive it until early December.  I am a little disappointed.  I am assuming they people who have their units purchased from amazon.  Or am I wrong?

-Matt

14 hours ago, maddigor2 said:

I am assuming they people who have their units purchased from amazon.  Or am I wrong?

-Matt

I preordered back in August as well, but from Amazon.  My package shipped late last week and is scheduled to arrive in a couple of days.

15 hours ago, maddigor2 said:

I preordered my 2600+ from Atari on Aug 22nd.  I received a notice yesterday that it shipped, along with my paddle and my extra joystick.  I also ordered Berzerk and Mr Run and jump when I ordered Save Mary.  But, fedex has yet to see the package.  Then today I get another email saying I won't receive it until early December.  I am a little disappointed.  I am assuming they people who have their units purchased from amazon.  Or am I wrong?

-Matt

I ordered mine from Atari on August 25th. The difference is that I only ordered the console. USPS tracking shows that mine is indeed in transit and will be here on the 24th. I'm willing to bet that one of the other items is holding up your order. I seem to remember the paddles going out of stock for a while.

I don't believe that Atari prioritized Amazon orders.

I hope you get your stuff soon.

Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

Yes Atari has a release delay on many people who "preordered" very early direct from Atari having to wait until at least December while many people who ordered later from Amazon are getting their 2600+ this week.

Amazon has the 2600+ in stock and ready to ship now while Atari.com is fumbling around trying to fill "preorders" from August.

I can understand if it was just a few days difference but customers being punished for another 3 - 4 weeks because they are the biggest Atari supporters and apparently ORDERED TOO EARLY is a real shame.

I do think it is partly due to Atari having to send a certain amount of stock for Amazon shipping so yes Amazon needed to be prioritized to a certain extent to increase overall sales numbers which ends up hurting people who ORDERED TOO EARLY from the wrong place (Atari.com).

Atari flat out did not live up to the shipping date that was promised to many early buyers which is no surprise after their Atari XP shipping delay debacles. 

This is just another reason why we should never "preorder" anything from these companies who continue to take advantage of the customer.

Once they have your money they can take as long as is convenient for them with little concern of the customer experience and it is all too common in this industry to give false shipping dates that are not met.

Atari allowed My Arcade do do a similar thing with the Atari Gamestation Pro where the earliest "preorders" had to wait the longest time and some are still waiting while others could just walk into a retail store and grab it for cheaper or buy on Amazon and get it faster.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, E. King said:

Yes Atari has a release delay on many people who "preordered" very early direct from Atari having to wait until at least December while many people who ordered later from Amazon are getting their 2600+ this week.

Amazon has the 2600+ in stock and ready to ship now while Atari.com is fumbling around trying to fill "preorders" from August.

I can understand if it was just a few days difference but customers being punished for another 3 - 4 weeks because they are the biggest Atari supporters and apparently ORDERED TOO EARLY is a real shame.

I do think it is partly due to Atari having to send a certain amount of stock for Amazon shipping so yes Amazon needed to be prioritized to a certain extent to increase overall sales numbers which ends up hurting people who ORDERED TOO EARLY from the wrong place (Atari.com).

Atari flat out did not live up to the shipping date that was promised to many early buyers which is no surprise after their Atari XP shipping delay debacles. 

This is just another reason why we should never "preorder" anything from these companies who continue to take advantage of the customer.

Once they have your money they can take as long as is convenient for them with little concern of the customer experience and it is all too common in this industry to give false shipping dates that are not met.

Atari allowed My Arcade do do a similar thing with the Atari Gamestation Pro where the earliest "preorders" had to wait the longest time and some are still waiting while others could just walk into a retail store and grab it for cheaper or buy on Amazon and get it faster.

How many of those pre-orders had items other than the console?

I pre-ordered my stuff from Amazon in August, and none of my stuff is getting here soon. They even sent me a message saying they don't know when they can ship out Berserk or Run and Jump and asked me if I wanted to cancel the order.

So it isn't like Amazon is a great choice either.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bent_pin said:

How many of those pre-orders had items other than the console?

Probably most of those who "preordered" very early direct from Atari.com had paddles or Berzerk/Run&Jump in their orders but that should not matter.

Atari should have done the right thing by the customers who "preordered" very early directly through Atari.com. but somehow they failed to allocate the needed inventory to fill those orders in November as was promised at the time of ordering.  

Even people who "preordered" in the very first hour it was up on Atari.com are now waiting until at least December, apparently being punished for ordering more than just the console itself.

The 2600+ console is in stock and ready to ship from Amazon right now while Atari is dropping the ball on it's biggest supporting customers.

They should ship the consoles out now if they have them and ship the other stuff later if they failed to allocate that inventory to meet those early "preorders".

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, E. King said:

They should ship the consoles out now if they have them and ship the other stuff later if they failed to allocate that inventory to meet those early "preorders".

This sounds like a matter of policy for the company. Some companies will ship partial order, but usually if the have multiple vendors.

I agree that people should be getting their consoles but I don't see some grand conspiracy about people who ordered early getting deferred in favor of Amazon.

• Like 1

Maybe that's why on Amazon if an item is a preorder you can only order one at a time? I did order mine, like September, but I had to order the console and paddles separately due to how Amazon works, but I did do the orders within minutes of each other, so despite being different orders, I usually say I ordered them at the same time.

I ordered on Amazon two fold, one, because I'm already set up on Amazon, and two, by the time I ordered, atari already changed delivery date to December 17.

Still no word on the paddles, but I may have screwed myself up as I ordered a second set when it became available again. I think Atari underestimated how popular paddles would be and simply didn't make enough. LOL, I don't blame them, accessories have always sold short of stock for everybody (including Atari) but Atari was one that made accessories people actually wanted.

I'm not aware of Amazon only allowing one preorder item in an order. As i'm in the UK I ordered from Amazon UK and put the console the paddles and the two games Berzerk and Mr. Run and Jump all in the same order and they were delivered on the 16th November in one big box of Atari goodness. Hope everybody gets their orders soon.

3 hours ago, E. King said:

Probably most of those who "preordered" very early direct from Atari.com had paddles or Berzerk/Run&Jump in their orders but that should not matter.

Atari should have done the right thing by the customers who "preordered" very early directly through Atari.com. but somehow they failed to allocate the needed inventory to fill those orders in November as was promised at the time of ordering.  

Even people who "preordered" in the very first hour it was up on Atari.com are now waiting until at least December, apparently being punished for ordering more than just the console itself.

The 2600+ console is in stock and ready to ship from Amazon right now while Atari is dropping the ball on it's biggest supporting customers.

Yeah, I ordered everything except Mr. Run and Jump... and I ordered it all on the 22nd of August, literally within minutes of getting the e-mail.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lumstorm said:

I'm not aware of Amazon only allowing one preorder item in an order. As i'm in the UK I ordered from Amazon UK and put the console the paddles and the two games Berzerk and Mr. Run and Jump all in the same order and they were delivered on the 16th November in one big box of Atari goodness. Hope everybody gets their orders soon.

Yea ordered mine on Amazon UK on 20th October and it arrived 17th November as it said it would. That was console, paddle set, Berzerk and Mr Run and Jump. Would be interesting to know how many preorders there was for N/A - maybe there was substantially more so they have struggled to fill them.

2 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

Yeah, I ordered everything except Mr. Run and Jump... and I ordered it all on the 22nd of August, literally within minutes of getting the e-mail.

Exactly, those who ordered very early on Atari.com should have been allocated for and taken care of so they would get priority first batch shipping.

Sadly, that did not happen and there are many customers in the same Atari delay boat.  Let's hope they get it together so they do not have further shipping delays.

As far as I know, there was no disclaimer to let customers know that if they ordered more than just the console that they may encounter additional shipping delays in order for their full order to be shipped all at once.

11 minutes ago, E. King said:

As far as I know, there was no disclaimer to let customers know that if they ordered more than just the console that they may encounter additional shipping delays in order for their full order to be shipped all at once.

I'm sure Atari intended to ship these items together, but, you know, logistics is a bitch, and especially when you are working with multiple partners and you aren't actually shipping the products yourself.  Any insinuation or outright statements that "Atari doesn't care once they have your money" are patently not true, and I can say that as someone with access to the inside.  Please be patient, everyone will get everything they ordered, hopefully sooner than later.  Also keep in mind that today's Atari isn't the mammoth manufacturing organization they were in the 80s, and this is probably the biggest launch of physical products (and in particular, a new game console) that the current Atari has had in some time.  Lessons will be learned and improvements will be made for future product launches.

Thank you,

..Al

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Albert said:

Lessons will be learned and improvements will be made for future product launches.

It is much less special to get a product a month after release date when so many others get it before you, especially when you were one of the very first to step up and show support for Atari with a "preorder" that turns out not to be a preorder but more of a placeholder.

Atari has the track record of an ongoing pattern for quite some time of coincidental mishaps that negatively effect the overall customer experience.

Not going to go into detail because that opens up a can of worms but a lot of people know some of the things I am referencing. 

All I am trying to say is that this is not an isolated incidence of "mistakes made"

Thanks

• Like 1

"Hi ...,

We’re excited to announce that the Atari 2600+ collection will begin shipping this Friday! If you've moved or would like us to send your order to a new address, please fill out this form by Wednesday, November 15th.

If you haven't moved, you can sit back and relax while we prepare to deliver your order.

As always, we appreciate your patience. Thanks for being part of our incredible Atari community!

- Atari Team"

The Atari Team shouldn't have said "begin shipping this Friday" if they weren't. Tell me you're going to be late before you can't get it to me on time and I can cut you some slack.

Tell me it's coming then say, oops we miscalculated, even though we had several months to manage the situation, and it leaves a sour taste. Especially if it's weeks out, with no real date provided and on top of that a slow shipping service to add more time to it.

Does it ruin my life, no. But I expect better or at least the bare minimum.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mechanicoid said:

"Hi ...,

We’re excited to announce that the Atari 2600+ collection will begin shipping this Friday! If you've moved or would like us to send your order to a new address, please fill out this form by Wednesday, November 15th.

If you haven't moved, you can sit back and relax while we prepare to deliver your order.

As always, we appreciate your patience. Thanks for being part of our incredible Atari community!

- Atari Team"

The Atari Team shouldn't have said "begin shipping this Friday" if they weren't. Tell me you're going to be late before you can't get it to me on time and I can cut you some slack.

Tell me it's coming then say, oops we miscalculated, even though we had several months to manage the situation, and it leaves a sour taste. Especially if it's weeks out, with no real date provided and on top of that a slow shipping service to add more time to it.

Does it ruin my life, no. But I expect better or at least the bare minimum.

image.thumb.png.e20e72a05bb351f967ddf99cc1e101e9.png

Yup, the title of the email we got on the 14th said "Ready to Ship - Atari 2600+ Collection" basically telling us that our order was ready to be processed starting on the 17th and that we can expect a tracking number soon.

The shipping delay notice should have come on the 14th instead of providing us false information that our order was "Ready to Ship" and "you can sit back and relax while we prepare to deliver your order."

How could our order be "Ready to Ship" on the 14th and then not so on the 18th when we were informed "Our fulfillment partner is shipping orders in waves as product arrives at their distribution center. Your order is planned to ship in the first week of December."

Obviously we will likely never know what really happened as companies do not typically just come out and provide full transparency on these things.

As customers we just need to make a habit of pointing these things out in hopes that at some point the company moves forward to a higher level of customer satisfaction standards.

Edited by E. King
correction

5 minutes ago, E. King said:

The shipping delay notice should have come on the 14th instead of providing us false information that our order was "Ready to Ship" and "you can sit back and relax while we prepare to deliver your order."

How could our order be "Ready to Ship" on the 14th and then not so on the 18th when we were informed "Our fulfillment partner is shipping orders in waves as product arrives at their distribution center. Your order is planned to ship in the first week of December."

I doubt this information was false when it was initially sent to you on the 14th.  Obviously something happened, at least with some of the orders, that caused a delay, so you received another email stating as such, and only four days after you received the earlier email.  Again, please stop with the accusations that Atari is deliberately misleading you, it's poor speculation on your part, along with the line above that you wrote, "especially when you were one of the very first to step up and show support for Atari with a "preorder" that turns out not to be a preorder but more of a placeholder", which I chose to ignore initially, but you keep making statements like this, so...

..Al

Just now, Albert said:

I doubt this information was false when it was initially sent to you on the 14th.  Obviously something happened, at least with some of the orders, that caused a delay, so you received another email stating as such, and only four days after you received the earlier email.  Again, please stop with the accusations that Atari is deliberately misleading you, it's poor speculation on your part, along with the line above that you wrote, "especially when you were one of the very first to step up and show support for Atari with a "preorder" that turns out not to be a preorder but more of a placeholder", which I chose to ignore initially, but you keep making statements like this, so...

..Al

It is not a "false accusation" to say the information provided turned out to be false when indeed that information turned out to be false information.

I did not say that people were "deliberately misled", those are your words.

I guess we have a different definition of what an early preorder is supposed to mean so we can agree to disagree on that one.

Thanks

On 11/18/2023 at 6:33 PM, maddigor2 said:

I am assuming they people who have their units purchased from amazon.  Or am I wrong?

Maybe, but it seems MOST of us are waiting for something. The fact that some folks are getting everything just goes to show that the production process is happening, so we’ll get our stuff. We’re all waiting amidst a high-demand set of items.

I preordered one of everything on Amazon (the console, CX40+, the paddle / cart bundle, Berserk, Mr. Run and Jump), and the 2600+ arrived yesterday…but nothing else has.

The CX40+ has an arrival date set for Dec. 6, but the three games just say “Order Received,” with no estimate for a ship date.

Amazon is now showing everything as sold out (except the console, but even that has a delay on it). I think that’s a good sign that the rest of our items will be fulfilled, if new orders have slowed down.

Edited by Jason Lee

Lots of questions about shipping here. I don't want to give you any information that is not correct, so let me spend some time this morning digging into the issues and get back to you. 

Our fulfillment partner is shipping orders in waves as product arrives at their distribution center. Unfortunately, in this case, we have more orders than units on the ground. But there are more on the way. If you have pre ordered the Atari 2600+ and have not already received a tracking number, your order will ship in the first week of December (abut two weeks).

I know a) that is not at all satisfying if you won't get your order until December, and b) that does not address issues around partial orders shipping. Let me do some digging. 

1 hour ago, TrogdarRobusto said:

Lots of questions about shipping here. I don't want to give you any information that is not correct, so let me spend some time this morning digging into the issues and get back to you. 

Our fulfillment partner is shipping orders in waves as product arrives at their distribution center. Unfortunately, in this case, we have more orders than units on the ground. But there are more on the way. If you have pre ordered the Atari 2600+ and have not already received a tracking number, your order will ship in the first week of December (abut two weeks).

I know a) that is not at all satisfying if you won't get your order until December, and b) that does not address issues around partial orders shipping. Let me do some digging. 

Thank you for reading and responding here.

The big question is if the orders are shipping in waves then why are so many people who ordered on Aug 22 from Atari.com not in the first wave?

Why so many customers who ordered on Aug 22nd on Atari.com get an email on the 14th saying "ready to ship" when in the next email it says we have a shipping delay and need to wait until at least December?

Thank you for doing some digging, it is appreciated.