IGNORED

2600+ amazon or preorder from atari

maddigor2

I ordered from Amazon.ca on September 18, 2023, soon after the system first became available in Canada. Atari.com does not sell directly to customers located outside of the United States.

The package arrived at my post box earlier this week. I have not yet picked it up; unboxing will happen possibly in December.

I did not order any extras (e.g. paddles, games) since I do not like "upselling" (and I rarely get fries with my burger, either).

Ok, so... what I got in the mail today was Berzerk Enhanced... I guess I ordered that one separately. The Atari 2600+ which I pre-ordered directly from Atari on August 22nd, is no where to be found, and the tracking number I had was for the game, not the system itself. I am annoyed. I don't understand how if I ordered literally ON THE DAY... people who ordered well after me would get theirs first... even from those who ordered directly from Atari well after the fact. Can someone explain to me how this happens? I'm happy for the people who got theirs, please don't misunderstand... but what I am mad about is, what was the point of pre-ordering? And how did people who ordered from Atari well after me, somehow get theirs significantly first. It's not like I live in a cabin in the woods of the Great Smokey Mountains, or in the Sahara. I'm literally near a major airport in a major city (Tampa, Florida).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm dealing with the same frustration. Ordered on Aug 22nd and don't have it.  My buddy ordered from Amazon 2 weeks ago and got it a few days ago. I was chatting with someone on YouTube last night who ordered directly from Atari 2 weeks ago and has already gotten it.  I'm trying not to be a hot head over this, but if there wasn't that 30 day cancelation clause at the beginning of the order, I would definitely consider just getting my money back and get on with life.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Recycled said:

I'm dealing with the same frustration. Ordered on Aug 22nd and don't have it.  My buddy ordered from Amazon 2 weeks ago and got it a few days ago. I was chatting with someone on YouTube last night who ordered directly from Atari 2 weeks ago and has already gotten it.  I'm trying not to be a hot head over this, but if there wasn't that 30 day cancelation clause at the beginning of the order, I would definitely consider just getting my money back and get on with life.

Seriously... the more I think about it, the more pissed I'm getting.

I just rechecked my order e-mail... total was $207, I got the CX30 Paddles, an extra joystick, and the Atari 2600+. I ordered it at 11:28 AM on Tuesday, August 22nd.

I go onto Amazon.COM right now, and I can order it and have it delivered to my house in 3 days: https://www.amazon.com/Atari-2600/dp/B0CG7LMFKY/

I really want to support Atari... I'm seriously one of the biggest fans. I support Atari in all the VCS threads when everyone is shitting all over it. I've been really patient. I don't need it tomorrow... I just don't want to feel like I'm getting screwed, and no one is saying ANYTHING. I got an e-mail... so sorry... look for it in December. And that's it... no explanation as to why people who ordered WAAAY after me got theirs, but when some of the geeks were shitting all over it in the other thread, I'd already ordered mine on the day it was announced, and now I'm the idiot.

I just want an explanation... the punch cards fell and got out of order, someone's mother in law was staying over and they were so stressed they did all the orders out of order, someone was drunk, people were picking orders out of a hat, the paddles failed QA/QC and anyone who ordered paddles are delayed... anything. I just don't want to feel like I'm a schmuck and Atari doesn't care about my business.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

Yea. When I first got the December email I was like no big deal, First World problem, blah blah.  Then everyday it would start to eat at me a little more.  As you said, we don't need it today, it's just that as diehard customers, throw us a bone.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

I just rechecked my order e-mail... total was $207, I got the CX30 Paddles, an extra joystick, and the Atari 2600+. I ordered it at 11:28 AM on Tuesday, August 22nd.

I go onto Amazon.COM right now, and I can order it and have it delivered to my house in 3 days: https://www.amazon.com/Atari-2600/dp/B0CG7LMFKY/

I really want to support Atari... I'm seriously one of the biggest fans. I support Atari in all the VCS threads when everyone is shitting all over it. I've been really patient. I don't need it tomorrow... I just don't want to feel like I'm getting screwed, and no one is saying ANYTHING. I got an e-mail... so sorry... look for it in December. And that's it... no explanation as to why people who ordered WAAAY after me got theirs, but when some of the geeks were shitting all over it in the other thread, I'd already ordered mine on the day it was announced, and now I'm the idiot.

I just want an explanation... the punch cards fell and got out of order, someone's mother in law was staying over and they were so stressed they did all the orders out of order, someone was drunk, people were picking orders out of a hat, the paddles failed QA/QC and anyone who ordered paddles are delayed... anything. I just don't want to feel like I'm a schmuck and Atari doesn't care about my business.

You're not getting it for a couple of weeks. They already sold out of their consoles and you're getting the second batch to make it out of manufacturing. I would suggest just relaxing - I know how frustrating this might be but you are still going to get it. 

Next time, don't order from their website, teach them a lesson, Order from amazon. When you get it, post your serial number so we can see how high it is. Out of interest.

Obviously demand was higher than they expected - none of the paddles or games are available to order right now it's in prime christmas shopping season and this is a great gift. So I'm sure they're not happy about it either. They are probably losing out on quite a few sales right now

Edited by tradyblix

1 hour ago, tradyblix said:

You're not getting it for a couple of weeks. They already sold out of their consoles and you're getting the second batch to make it out of manufacturing. I would suggest just relaxing - I know how frustrating this might be but you are still going to get it. 

Next time, don't order from their website, teach them a lesson, Order from amazon. When you get it, post your serial number so we can see how high it is. Out of interest.

Obviously demand was higher than they expected - none of the paddles or games are available to order right now it's in prime christmas shopping season and this is a great gift. So I'm sure they're not happy about it either. They are probably losing out on quite a few sales right now

That's my question, why didn't they support orders in the order in which they're received... FIFO... it's a really basic concept? I'd totally understand if they had to deliver a ton to Amazon as a requirement that was imposed upon them, OK... no problem. But WHY did people who order in late September from Atari, get theirs already, but those who ordered a month earlier in August... get screwed? This makes no sense to me. I have never been one to "just relax" when I feel like I'm getting screwed. I want an explanation, even if it's not a good one... did someone screw up? Ok, I'd just like to know about it. It doesn't mean I want that person fired (God forbid), I just want Atari to tell me... "hey, we screwed up..." and then tell me why. Obviously, they don't HAVE to do anything. But I also don't have to buy anything from them again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tradyblix said:

There is no next time.

Atari should have delivered this time. Plain and simple.

They have our money, we have nothing. If they missed the November date, they can surely miss a December date. And what excuse then? More demand then expected, bad weather, problems with the second batch, we want to update the firmware before shipping, etc.

For those of us with nothing to show for our money and early support, we can be frustrated and perturbed.

• Like 3

Still think its collections that caused issues. When I ordered on amazon, there's only one option, "preorder now". This prevents you from ordering more than one (type) of item at a time. I might could order multiple of one, several 2600+ units for instance, but can't order other items with it. Even with a partially filled cart, its still spooling the preorder into its own order, so you can't even combine if you've already got another order set up. If I knew how to get fire to do a screen grab I'd just grab one to show you what I'm talking about.

Now I'm on my fire, perhaps it works different on a computer? Fire has a custom Amazon os, so its possible.

Berserk, run and jump, and paddles are all separately ordered and I've not heard a word about any yet. Yes the order went through, though I don't keep order confirmation emails, but I can go look at the item itself, and it will have text at the top that says " you last purchased this item m/d/y"

Of course, don't know if they still do, even when you order multiple different items at once, amazon will break an order up to get it to you faster. They'll even combine different items to save packaging, but this may be dependent on if you have prime or not (I do)

Also whoever "handles fulfillment" for Amazon may have just ordered a shitload of consoles, so they can easily get them out, perhaps ordering enough to tax Atari production? Don't know, but my personal experience on amazon is most order to few of items in case of preorders.

Anyhow, hope you guys get your stuff sooner rather than later. Delays suck regardless.

• Like 3

I got the Paddles I ordered directly from Atari today, which I ordered a few weeks after ordering everything else from Amazon (cause they were sold out there at the time).

Meanwhile Amazon has delayed my 2600+ yet again. They say it's going to get here the 29th, so 12 days after they started mailing it to me.

• Sad 1

I started this thread after a weather delay my august 22nd order will be arriving tomorrow per fedex.  My order included system, extra joystick and paddles.  My later order of mr run and jump and bezerk will be arriving wed according to usps. i think my order was pushed up after the initial complaint.  Glad to see it earlier than December.

On 11/25/2023 at 10:58 AM, Recycled said:

FYI, I was able to cancel my order. I just received confirmation from Atari Support this morning and my Shop app shows "cancelled" as well. Maybe they're going by their own FAQ, so if it hasn't hit the delivery warehouse you can still cancel.

• Thanks 1

On 11/25/2023 at 1:32 PM, 82-T/A said:

I go onto Amazon.COM right now, and I can order it and have it delivered to my house in 3 days:

I really want to support Atari... I'm seriously one of the biggest fans. I support Atari in all the VCS threads when everyone is shitting all over it

I just want an explanation...

This is a global launch of a product from China- at a factory going on trucks to boats, across the seas to docks to more trucks to warehouses to more trucks through a partner importer- to 3rd party sellers... yet you are mad at 'Atari' as if they have control over the logistics- or are the ones that handle and ship all the stuff.

All you guys getting upset...is silly.   I'd expect a teenager not to understand....but most of us are 'old' men....

Besides- it's only a few weeks- you say you supported the VCS- and that was delayed for years.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PowerDubs said:

This is a global launch of a product from China- at a factory going on trucks to boats, across the seas to docks to more trucks to warehouses to more trucks through a partner importer- to 3rd party sellers... yet you are mad at 'Atari' as if they have control over the logistics- or are the ones that handle and ship all the stuff.

All you guys getting upset...is silly.   I'd expect a teenager not to understand....but most of us are 'old' men....

Besides- it's only a few weeks- you say you supported the VCS- and that was delayed for years.

I did a "PRE-ORDER" ... which incidentally, was on August 22nd, literally the day it came out. I'm not upset that it as delayed... I'm upset that other people who ordered it literally a month later, or even after that (and not even through Amazon), have gotten it already. What is the point of a pre-order, if you're going to get it after everyone else ordered it? It's the principle of it... it doesn't make any sense. It's like if you pre-order a car, which I've done before. And then some dude walks in and pre-orders a car more than a month after you, and the factory says... hey, we're just going to ignore everyone who ordered in the first month and just start delivering the orders that came later.

Why should I not be upset? Understand... I'm NOT mad that other people got a an Atari 2600+... I'm happy for them. I'm MAD that Atari thought so little of my order that they've decided to put me dead-last on delivery, when I literally ordered first.

• Like 4

And I explained - it has nothing to do with Atari.

They had a pre-order- as did Amazon and whatever other outlets in the world.

Atari isn't the ones building, transporting, shipping the units.  They have zero control over what you are mad about.

Just like if you order a shirt off their site- it is produced and shipped by another company.

30 minutes ago, PowerDubs said:

And I explained - it has nothing to do with Atari.

They had a pre-order- as did Amazon and whatever other outlets in the world.

Atari isn't the ones building, transporting, shipping the units.  They have zero control over what you are mad about.

Just like if you order a shirt off their site- it is produced and shipped by another company.

I don't think you understand how business works.

Two people order from the exact same website, Atari.com... one orders on August 22nd, and the other person orders the exact same thing in October. The person who ordered in October gets it immediately, but the person who ordered it in August gets screwed. You're basically telling me to shut up and color. Explain to me why I shouldn't be pissed, and explain to me HOW "it has nothing to do with Atari."

Just because something is made in China, does not mean that Atari relinquishes every aspect of production to China. The product shipped FROM California, which means there was a large shipment from China, TO California, for which distribution within the United States THEN took place. That means Atari was directly responsible for randomly shipping things out of order.

EDIT: The fact that Atari won't even address it just infuriates me too. It's like they either don't care, or they just hope that things will work out really quickly and everyone will forget. I don't know which is worse. Realistically, I'll probably cancel the order if I can figure out how to. I don't really "need" it...

Edited by 82-T/A
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PowerDubs said:

No, but they are managing _logistics_, which is exactly the problem here.

Atari isn't the first to do this (see Ouya, where it got to retail stores MONTHS before backers started to receive theirs!), and they won't be the last, but it doesn't mean they aren't *accountable*.

• Like 2