IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

10 hours ago, Maztr_0n said:

Defender II uses two joysticks?

Yup.  But you don't have to play the game like that.  Just using a gamepad works too.  However, you won't be able to use the inviso, smart bombs & hyperspace.  I have a custom twin stick that I'll try out with the game.  I'm going to test how well that works & give an update on it.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Yup.  But you don't have to play the game like that.  Just using a gamepad works too.  However, you won't be able to use the inviso, smart bombs & hyperspace.  I have a custom twin stick that I'll try out with the game.  I'm going to test how well that works & give an update on it.

I always just played it with one controller. I do have that custom dual Robotron controller, so I'll try that later. I keep forgetting this. 🤣

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dr Karnov said:

Sometimes, 2 sticks are better than one 

IMG_20240828_140436149_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20240828_140448768_HDR~2.jpg

Atari published Robotron for the Atari 8-bit computers in a similar way. The joysticks can be placed in the box 😀

robotron.thumb.jpg.1740556e5b6b219fdb14226f7fadb92b.jpg

Can someone spot the CX40+ in this picture? 😁

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Fred_M said:

Atari published Robotron for the Atari 8-bit computers in a similar way. The joysticks can be placed in the box 😀

robotron.thumb.jpg.1740556e5b6b219fdb14226f7fadb92b.jpg

Can someone spot the CX40+ in this picture? 😁

Is it the one with the red button? 😉

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, tradyblix said:

the one on the left. 

Correct! 👍👍👍👍

27 minutes ago, Dr Karnov said:

Is it the one with the red button? 😉

Also correct 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, tradyblix said:

Twin stick (capable) games. that I know of:

Stargate/Defender II

Defender Arcade

Spy Hunter

Robotron 2084

T:ME Salvo

Commando

Basketbrawl

Sirius

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Attack of the Petscii Robots

One more:

Riddle of the Sphinx

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ripweade said:

One more:

Riddle of the Sphinx

I did not know that Riddle of the Sphincter (as I call it) was a two stick game. Oo-er. 

Tbh, I have no idea wtf this game is about whenever I've tried it. 🤷🏻🤣 A true RTFM game. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

I did not know that Riddle of the Sphincter (as I call it) was a two stick game. Oo-er. 

Tbh, I have no idea wtf this game is about whenever I've tried it. 🤷🏻🤣 A true RTFM game. 

It kinda reminds me of a more forgiving desert falcon honestly. 

4 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Heh heh heh...  You said Sphincter...  :lolblue:

I played it a LOT baaaack in the early 80s, and when I played it recently, something seemed off to me.  I looked at the manual and...  Oh!  Second joystick is used for selecting the offerings to the gods, and to select other items.  I forgot about that!

I'd definitely say to read the manual, and would highly recommend this game.  It is a good puzzle game!

3 hours ago, tradyblix said:

It kinda reminds me of a more forgiving desert falcon honestly. 

I don't own Desert Falcon and never played it, but the videos I saw of it on YouTube remind me more of a Zaxxon-style game.  Again, my opinion is just based upon what I saw on YouTube, so I may very well be mistaken.

Riddle of the Sphinx is more of a puzzle where you collect items and have to present the correct treasure to the Gods to win the game.  It's not really a scroller-shooter game inasmuch as its a puzzle game.

Desert Fqlcon does look pretty darn interesting!

52 minutes ago, Ripweade said:

I don't own Desert Falcon and never played it, but the videos I saw of it on YouTube remind me more of a Zaxxon-style game.  Again, my opinion is just based upon what I saw on YouTube, so I may very well be mistaken.

Riddle of the Sphinx is more of a puzzle where you collect items and have to present the correct treasure to the Gods to win the game.  It's not really a scroller-shooter game inasmuch as its a puzzle game.

Desert Fqlcon does look pretty darn interesting!

They're different, but they're both games where you have to move through the desert, run into temples, collect egyptian items and, they both essentially don't end until you screw up enough. That's how they're similar. 

I'm not really much of a fan of either of these games to be honest, but RoftheS has some nostalgia for me as I used to annoyedly play it as a kid. It was kinda bad, and if I did "beat" it, I never noticed, lol. I also never RTFM which is probably part of the problem.

But after playing DF, I would say it's better than it :) YMMV

Edited by tradyblix
  • Like 1

We will probably need another thread on collecting for 7800+ 🙂. It seems to me that prices are getting crazier and crazier. 200$+ for Ikari Warriors, 100$ for CIB Donkey Kong and Mario Bros. I am glad I have started collecting for 7800 before 2600+ was released. 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2024 at 3:06 PM, JetmanUK said:

Yep, and as the game has juddery scrolling it feels less juddery at the 60hz and a higher game speed. Still not exactly butter, but yeah, like many NTSC games it feels a lot more playable than it's PAL counterpart.

Agreed🤙

20240830_231407.jpg

20240830_231414.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/28/2024 at 10:54 AM, tradyblix said:

Twin stick (capable) games. that I know of:

Stargate/Defender II

Defender Arcade

Spy Hunter

Robotron 2084

Commando

Basketbrawl

Sirius

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Twin stick (capable) games, that I did not know.😁

Spy Hunter

Commando

Basketbrawl

Sirius

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/20/2024 at 1:37 AM, MrChickenz said:

I saw this online! What the??????  Why didn’t they make this a two player? How come I never saw this before? Who even thought of this? Why????? Anyone have one of these in there collection? If so. Why????? 

IMG_1604.jpeg

IMG_1606.jpeg

IMG_1605.jpeg

Did I mention this one before! Look at the size of this and it’s not a Twin Stick!😄

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1