IGNORED

Atari Jaguar CD System alternative drives inquiry

calfranklin0598

I could be wrong but I would think not.

If it were just a dumb CD drive unit then you probably could pach a standard CD unit to work, but the Jaguar CD unit has a custom processor (Butch) inside it that a standard CD unit will not have thus I would think the chances of a standard external CD drive working instead are none.   

The Jaguar game drive has the possibility to let you play cd games too. The save feature is not yet implemented though but it is supposedly coming so that will safe you from buying a CD Rom. No other alternative is available. The GD is also awesome to play homebrews and check out lots of demos and stuff that gets released here, so it is highly recommended. Only other alternative is to play the games on the emulator. There is a really good one out there now just recently.

20 hours ago, alucardX said:

Does nobody use desktops any more?

We have two desktops and Two laptops (each is a main and secondary in case one of us needs access) to this day though I like the laptops as well as my iPad mini and Android tablet I still happily choose to sit in front of my main desktop for most of my computer access time, whether this is just familiarity or nostalgia I cannot say but for me a mouse/keyboard/27' and using a desktop browser still works best for me for long stretches. 🤷‍♂️ I say this as someone who has never used a cheque at a grocery store 😝though admittedly I Am a creature of habit. 

• Like 1