IGNORED

Atari Jaguar Homebrew Games Released/Completed/WIP in 2024

1 hour ago, cubanismo said:

I see that Gedalya reacted, so I'm worried I got the wrong info, but I don't think StarStreak was declared "complete." At JagFest Carl released a special JagFest 2024 edition cartridge, but said that work on the game was ongoing.

Yes work is still on going, the JagFest edition is a great representation of what to expect however. We hope to add in even more content for the final release in 6 to 12 months (rough estimate). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, cubanismo said:

I see that Gedalya reacted, so I'm worried I got the wrong info, but I don't think StarStreak was declared "complete." At JagFest Carl released a special JagFest 2024 edition cartridge, but said that work on the game was ongoing.

That is why I am sceptical of inflating BETA releases: it causes a lot of confusion and at worst, lowers quality level of releases. Release the real thing when its done, that should be the way to go.

Edited by agradeneu

8 hours ago, agradeneu said:

That is why I am sceptical of inflating BETA releases: it causes a lot of confusion and at worst, lowers quality level of releases. Release the real thing when its done, that should be the way to go.

Thank you for your candor. I think there has been some confusion as you noted. I believe I am guilty of using some language that has contributed to this. We consider Star Streak JagFest 2024 edition to be complete. We went to great lengths in testing to ensure we shipped something that fans would enjoy. We do have more planed for the game, but what exactly that will look like in 6 to 12 months remains open.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gedalya said:

Thank you for your candor. I think there has been some confusion as you noted. I believe I am guilty of using some language that has contributed to this. We consider Star Streak JagFest 2024 edition to be complete. We went to great lengths in testing to ensure we shipped something that fans would enjoy. We do have more planed for the game, but what exactly that will look like in 6 to 12 months remains open.

I suppose the challenge is to a casual observer it looks like the JagFest release is one game, but if we wait 6-12 months then essentially the same thing will be released again with more features. Will this JagFest Star Streak have a non-Jagfest release and then a different Star Streak 2 (or whatever) will have its own release in due time? I'm not saying this is good or bad, just how it may look to some of us considering a purchase. Of course collectors will buy it regardless.

On 7/2/2024 at 1:50 AM, Songbird said:

Protector Resurgence is now available on physical cartridge for the first time.

WIP:

• Old Towers (port of Sega Genesis / Atari ST game)
  • Wings of Death (Remastered edition of Atari ST game)

Awesome news! Care to give some background info, Carl? I am interested to hear how the contact with Marc Rosocha came to be and him being involved in doing something for the Jag again. This is super nice. I like how people come back to their projects. First Towers II, now this. How cool is that...

• Like 2

On 7/1/2024 at 7:50 PM, Songbird said:

WIP:

2 hours ago, PeterG said:

Awesome news! Care to give some background info, Carl? I am interested to hear how the contact with Marc Rosocha came to be and him being involved in doing something for the Jag again. This is super nice. I like how people come back to their projects. First Towers II, now this. How cool is that...

I think Marc licensed Lethal Xcess for re-release to Microzeit (the guys who have been doing the Atari ST books). So if Marc has the rights to that game, he most likely also has the rights to both Iron Soldier games.

And if we are going to bring Thalion games to the Jaguar, why not go to the extra mile and bring both No Second Prize and Lionheart? Both were planned to be released for the Jaguar, according to this listing by defunct retailer Toad Computers :D

https://archive.org/details/ToadComputersCatalog1994/page/n5/mode/1up

Toad_Computers_Catalog_1994_0006.jpg

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, KidGameR186496 said:

I think Marc licensed Lethal Xcess for re-release to Microzeit (the guys who have been doing the Atari ST books). So if Marc has the rights to that game, he most likely also has the rights to both Iron Soldier games.

And if we are going to bring Thalion games to the Jaguar, why not go to the extra mile and bring both No Second Prize and Lionheart? Both were planned to be released for the Jaguar, according to this listing by defunct retailer Toad Computers :D

Lethal Xcess is highly likely coming too, if WoD was a success. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KidGameR186496 said:

Haha, that's a blast from the past.  Must of been from the early '94 catalog, back when we were all hopeful for tons of great games coming to the Jag

• Like 1

Added to Physical Release:

Updated Physical Release:

Added to WIP:

On 7/1/2024 at 4:45 PM, Gedalya said:

Yes work is still on going, the JagFest edition is a great representation of what to expect however. We hope to add in even more content for the final release in 6 to 12 months (rough estimate). 

Thank you for the clarification, I've updated the listing to hopefully better reflect the cart release. 🙂

On 7/1/2024 at 4:50 PM, Songbird said:

WIP:

Thank you Carl for the new and upcoming game info, I've added Protector Resurgence and Wings of Death to the listings.

Is there any video of Old Towers on the Jaguar posted so I can add it to the list?

- James

On 7/1/2024 at 4:50 PM, Songbird said:

WIP:

When will that be available on the website for order?

Added to WIP:

Updated WIP:

• 3 weeks later...

Moved to Physical Release:

Added to WIP:

Moved to Completed:

• Last Strike DX by Reboot / Lawrence Staveley @CyranoJ (Programming) / Dugan Jackson (Sprites) / Alexander "Ander Lex" Grade @agradeneu (Graphics) / opengameart.org (Additional Graphics) / Ian "DJ H0ffman" Ford + MSG-RG (Music) | Video Only (20240711) No Public Binary | Declared Complete: Jul 30, 2024 | NOTE: Enhanced version of Last Strike (2020) | Listing Updated: Aug 5, 2024

On 7/2/2024 at 3:43 PM, Gedalya said:

Hold on.  :)

You say "Star Streak Jagfest" is complete but then say you have more planned for the game. Those seem to be contradictory.

I am reading that as "Star Streak Jagfest" is a stripped-down version that has been fully tested.

Is that correct? If so what features/gameplay/etc are missing from the Jagfest version?

My apologies if this has been specifically clarified and I missed it.

• Thanks 1

Moved to Completed:

• Jumping At Shadows by Reboot / Lawrence Staveley @CyranoJ (Code) / Alexander "Ander Lex" Grade @agradeneu (Level Design, Art & Art Direction) / Ericde45 @Ericde45 (Sound Engine) / Ander Lex & Szadi Art (Artwork) / Roald Strauss (Music) | WIP Binary (20221014) / Video (20240807) | Declared Complete: Aug 7, 2024 | NOTE: Previously Nominated for Best WIP in AHAs | Listing Updated: Aug 7, 2024
  • Like 2