IGNORED

New(ish) 7800 Games and Accessories announced by Atari and Plaion compatible with the 2600+

Ben from Plaion

8 hours ago, MMarcoux66 said:

Sadly, my Fatal Run replacement arrived today in another unpadded envelope from Amazon US. It also is damaged :(. No more Amazon for me. I will only order Atari from Atari.

@Ben from Plaion Not sure if this helps your cause, but I have attached Amazon's CS response.

image.thumb.png.717ed92a1e7eecaeff4a3517a595a2d2.pngimage.thumb.png.0e92bfe6fbe3e397017f406860e2a4c4.pngimage.thumb.png.9571b34f06691efd17f914c9440e10e0.png

Wow, you got an AI response!!!!

What human would write this "The packaging methods we use have typically proven over time to protect Fatal Run 7800 effectively" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

12 hours ago, Marc Fiorillo said:

Maybe Amazon needs to add 'Fragile stickers' to their Atari shipments as well. 

I think shipping companies actually look at "Fragile" stickers as more of a challenge, than a warning. It's almost like painting a target on it.

• Haha 4

Not using the most important delivery service in the world just because they couldn't get a collectible package to you undamaged seems a little extreme to me, but don't let me be the voice of common sense. 

It sucks, but you gotta realize they have millions of customers. you are not a special snowflake and I am kind of tired of people in society acting like they deserve some kind of special, "white glove" treatment. Maybe if it's super important to be pristine, buy it at retail. 

I've worked in customer sales in the past and the level of anger people display over minor issues like this is nuts. GET A GRIP I say. 

Also, is this thread brought to us by Atari ? Everyone just conveniently forgot the shipping debacle of last year where everyone using Amazon got their stuff (undamaged, btw) a literal month ahead of people that ordered direct from Atari ?

I call shenanigans. I'm still using Amazon to buy carts and since I, like a normal person, throw the packaging away after opening it, will not be too worried. But I promise now to show you the condition of my cart here in this thread when I get it so we can get a representative sample from amongst forum members. 

Edited by tradyblix
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, tradyblix said:

Not using the most important delivery service in the world just because they couldn't get a collectible package to you undamaged seems a little extreme to me, but don't let me be the voice of common sense. 

It sucks, but you gotta realize they have millions of customers. you are not a special snowflake and I am kind of tired of people in society acting like they deserve some kind of special, "white glove" treatment. Maybe if it's super important to be pristine, buy it at retail. 

I've worked in customer sales in the past and the level of anger people display over minor issues like this is nuts. GET A GRIP I say. 

Also, is this thread brought to us by Atari ? Everyone just conveniently forgot the shipping debacle of last year where everyone using Amazon got their stuff (undamaged, btw) a literal month ahead of people that ordered direct from Atari ?

I call shenanigans. I'm still using Amazon to buy carts and since I, like a normal person, throw the packaging away after opening it, will not be too worried. But I promise now to show you the condition of my cart here in this thread when I get it so we can get a representative sample from amongst forum members. 

As a collector, I want the packaging and expect it is a reasonable condition as many other do. If you are throwing the package away, who cares but some of us are not. So, we want a nice box for our collections just as much as we want the games themselves. I respect your view but see it differently myself :).

Edited by MMarcoux66
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, tradyblix said:

I think people are just asking for the "courtesy" of a cardboard box (and reasonably packed) instead of tossing a not-all-that-solid product package into a flimsy glorified wastebasket liner to be run through the typical delivery gauntlet.  I agree none of this calls for being abusive to anybody, but if I'm paying full price I'm not going to put up with damaged anything.  Given two options on a store shelf, anybody would take the pristine box over the one that was pummeled, chewed or sat on.  I probably have the original box for every new game I've ever bought, in fine condition, but even if I didn't plan to keep them I'd feel the same way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, MMarcoux66 said:

As a collector, I want the packaging and expect it is a reasonable condition as many other do. If you are throwing the package away, who cares but some of us are not. So, we want a nice box for our collections just as much as we want the games themselves. I respect your view but see it differently myself :).

Sure. But you can't expect Amazon to cater to collectors in mass mailing items. That is a special requirement you are adding in there, and then asking for returns, which eventually get passed on to you know who. It's an unrealistic expectation, behavior, is my point. 

Then to slag them off because you had special requirements... that doesn't seem right. 

Also, everyone here should know that it's random. many, many times you get no problems or damage with packages, and sometimes you do. It's not every time or every person.

Of course, you don't hear about the success stories, as it's only a problem when damage occurs. 

I just feel like it's not reasonable to expect no damage ever occurs in shipping or that amazon can guarantee collector's expectations of pristine delivery, when you're mailing it from giant warehouses to people in random locations. It's shipping, that's how it goes. If you expect that, maybe don't get it shipped at all ? But blaming amazon ? 

That is the definition of entitlement. 

Edited by tradyblix

1 minute ago, tradyblix said:

Sure. But you can't expect Amazon to cater to collectors in mass mailing items. That is a special requirement you are adding in there, and then asking for returns, which eventually get passed on to you know who. It's an unrealistic expectation, behavior, is my point. 

We can agree to disagree :).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MMarcoux66 said:

We can agree to disagree :).

Well... you know that eventually this behavior just leads to costs being passed on to consumers right ? We all pay for people doing this crap in the end with higher prices on items so companies can cover their losses due to damage from this type of thing. it rubs me the wrong way. 

I just don't accept the premise in the last few pages here that somehow Atari does a better job shipping. It's fishy. 

All over an ugly cardboard box. I mean, I do get displaying the boxes but man, a little dent... big whoop. 

Edited by tradyblix

2 minutes ago, tradyblix said:

Well... you know that eventually this behavior just leads to costs being passed on to consumers right ? We all pay for people doing this crap in the end with higher prices on items so companies can cover their losses due to damage from this type of thing. it rubs me the wrong way. 

Yes, we pay for vendors like Amazon not shipping things properly which rubs me the wrong way. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MMarcoux66 said:

Yes, we pay for vendors like Amazon not shipping things properly which rubs me the wrong way. 

Fair enough, nobody is perfect tho. 

Don't you remember the situation before amazon ? The price of shipping prevented you even doing it in most cases. Many stores, growing up, I know because I worked at a Hobby store, had restrictive "All Sales are Final" Policies because they couldn't handle people coming back with tiny dents and making a big deal out of it.... 

I am not usually on the side of big corps but also, people have unrealistic ideas and suffer from what the kids call "Main character syndrome" alot.

Anyways. Place your bets on the condition of my Fatal Run box now. 

1 hour ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

Non in Italia. Lì ricevono il massimo rispetto.

I confirm. In Italy, shipments made by Amazon are impeccable. The packaging used is always adequately robust.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, tradyblix said:
36 minutes ago, tradyblix said:

Well... you know that eventually this behavior just leads to costs being passed on to consumers right

When you purchase an item from Amazon it no longer belongs to them. It now belongs to the PAYING customer. Handle With Care!

Believe me Amazon is making money! When was the last time you took a ride into Space!

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, tradyblix said:

I just feel like it's not reasonable to expect no damage ever occurs in shipping or that amazon can guarantee collector's expectations of pristine delivery, when you're mailing it from giant warehouses to people in random locations. It's shipping, that's how it goes. If you expect that, maybe don't get it shipped at all ? But blaming amazon ? 

Sure, but the white "bubbleopes" and flimsy plastic and paper bags = not even trying.  Also I have no idea where one can buy these items retail right now. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, susy said:

I confirm. In Italy, shipments made by Amazon are impeccable. The packaging used is always adequately robust.

Usually it works in Germany quite well too, sometimes I had books with very little damage as the parcel was maybe thrown into the van.

I did not keep my boxes, just a few to show how they looked like.

But if I would have ordered on of these new games, the box should be ok.

Otherwise I get my cart and maybe manual from ebay and don't buy a new one, so it is frustrating indeed, some of my Ebay boxes did not look well too, so Ebayers and some shipping companies do not care as well. The more expensive DHL is usually OK.

In Germany Amazon often send their own people to deliver, so you could deny to take it but often they don't ring at all and force it into the smal German mail box slot and Damage it...

Yeah, prime... no cost... if possible I would tick a box when ordering for a fee to get a book or game undamaged, when it is going to be a present.

Looks like in the US Amazon does not even try to protect it.

• Like 3

Fedex had ruined mine....all they care is it's in the vehicle and they don't care how bad the box is...so my ninja golf and berzerk gotten destroyed and berzerk got the most damage then ninja golf (well same damage) but the paddles box is fine.

• Sad 4

27 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Looks like in the US Amazon does not even try to protect it.

It's not true. You can't extrapolate a 300 million person country from a nutty forum post and I'll prove it tomorrow- or eat my words. Either way, it will be entertaining. 

I wonder if Atari and amazon could save money and damage less boxes if they were shipped flat, with the manual on top of the flattened box and cart on top of the manual?  A piece of fairly thick cardboard backing underneath for extra durability and shrink wrapped.  Then all you do when you receive your item is remove shrink wrap and the cardboard backing, open the box out and place the manual and cart inside.  

Edited by insertclevernamehere
  • Like 6