IGNORED

What Atari 2600/7800 game have you been playing the most today?

shane857

That looks pretty involved. I gotta get a copy of that. 

I was playing 2600 centipede last night. I think it might even prefer it over the 7800 version. 

It's got incredible gameplay, it's one of those games the graphics don't matter because it's so frenetic, and there's something really charming about the blockiness.

They didn't use a very nice font for the score tho, when I see the imagic fonts used on demon attack I'm still amazed at how slick it looks. 

Played Fathom by IMAGIC for the first time earlier. Had it in my collection for a while.

FCUK those controls take getting used to! Holding fire button to swim as a dolphin and having to press repeatedly as a seagull to fly.

Managed to beat the first level. A game I'll have to play more for sure...

• Like 1

HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI 2600+ TODAY!

No more clowning around! Today I’m playing one of my all time favorites! CIRCUS ATARI! on my ATARI 2600+

Circus Atari is an amazing game! I like this better than Kaboom. I forgot about the game variant with the barriers. Although the barriers can block your clown from popping balloons, they can also be to your advantage as the barriers can help keep your clown up top longer. 

The paddles work great on the Atari 2600+ This game plays awesome!

IMG_0639.jpeg

IMG_0638.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Been playing Smurf today. This is no kids game!!😂

Controls take getting used to, fire just starts the game and you have to press diagonally left or right twice to jump high enough to clear gates and reach higher tables etc. Really enjoyable game thou and great graphics/sprite animation.

My boxed copy says 'based on the original arcade game'. Don't think there was a Smurf arcade game thou, was there? 🤔

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shane857 said:

Played some of my loose carts today. I need to get more Tigervision games, they released a lot of great games in my opinion.

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0027.JPG

Can’t say I’ve ever played any TigerVision games. But your posts have peeked my interest in these games. I will have to search some out. 👍

• Like 1

HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI 2600+ TODAY? I HAVE!

Today is a DEMON ATTACK DAY!

This was always one of my favorites! This game features 1 or 2 players. What I don’t remember is it also features a 2 player Co-op Version! 
This game can be difficult. At times it can be a bit frustrating as you shoot your Cannon Lasers at the enemies they dodge left they dodge right! They won’t hold still! As you start getting too confident they drop a Turd on you, you respawn and get hit by another Turd! And again! And again!

Well today that won’t happen because I’m playing with the 500XJ EPYX Controller by Konix! 

I just recently picked this controller up at my local game store when I was looking for some Atari games, it was just sitting on the shelf. Works great, looks like it was barely used. 
So I thought I would give it a try with DEMON ATTACK and see if it improves my score. And I believe it did because this was my highest score of the day!

One round I was playing the enemies were shooting long straight lasers and one passed right through my Cannon. I never saw that before. When I fired my laser the enemy fired at the same time. I stopped moving and for a second or two before my Cannon could reload the laser passed through the center or my Cannon without destroying my Cannon!

IMG_0647.jpeg

IMG_0648.jpeg

IMG_0656.jpeg

IMG_0658.jpeg

IMG_0660.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 6/2/2024 at 2:24 PM, shane857 said:

Been playing Smurf today. This is no kids game!!😂

Controls take getting used to, fire just starts the game and you have to press diagonally left or right twice to jump high enough to clear gates and reach higher tables etc. Really enjoyable game thou and great graphics/sprite animation.

My boxed copy says 'based on the original arcade game'. Don't think there was a Smurf arcade game thou, was there? 🤔

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

I had this for Colecovision. I use to play it often. 

• Like 1

Been playing Solar Fox today for the first time...

Really enjoyed the gameplay. Similar to Pac-Man thou you collect solar cells and have to avoid fire from the Sentinels.

The extra challenges and bonuses are great. Definitely one to play again...

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Really enjoyed the gameplay. Similar to Pac-Man thou you collect solar cells and have to avoid fire from the Sentinels.

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

Nice buy! Fleabay?

I have this loose, it's a polished game, CIB would be nice. 😊

• Like 1

As of Jun 6, 2024. Bank Heist and Ikari Warriors top my PC emulator list, meaning i should pick those up ASAP while on my 2600+ system its still commando and air raiders

• Like 2

7 hours ago, shane857 said:

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

Awesome deal!

Great game! Have you had a chance to RTFM? There are two different settings for ship speed. And Skip-A-Rack.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI 2600+ TODAY! I HAVE!

Today I plan on stopping the Krytolians!

MISSILE COMMAND!

I can’t believe how well this game plays without a Trackball. Great box art!

This is true Atari Gaming!

IMG_0675.jpeg

IMG_0676.jpeg

IMG_0677.jpeg

IMG_0678.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 7

12 hours ago, bigfriendly said:

Beamrider for the 2600. 

Beamrider High Score.jpg

7 hours ago, UbiAllen said:

Got my copy of Juno First a couple of days ago. Very addictive!

IMG_4063.jpeg

Both are great games and similar in ways. Juno First I play quite a bit. Beamrider I unfortunately do not own but it’s on my wish list.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, shane857 said:

A bit of Donkey Kong 7800 this evening...

It's a shame they didn't include all 4 screens from the arcade version. Still a great port thou, second to the NES version in my opinion...

Love Donkey Kong!

Donkey Kong was packaged with the Colecovision. That was my first console I played Donkey Kong a lot. It wasn’t until years later I found two NES consoles some controllers in a box at a garage sale. I paid $15.00 for the box. I had to replace both pin sets on the consoles but they worked great! That’s when I realized Donkey Kong on the NES was the best version!

But I’ve learned recently all versions are really fun to play if you give them a try!

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Microjak said:

Bloomin great game!

I'm working on a comparison video for my YT between Beamrider and another great 2600 game and it's gonna be a bitch picking the winner between the two games.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

Love Donkey Kong!

Donkey Kong was packaged with the Colecovision. That was my first console I played Donkey Kong a lot. It wasn’t until years later I found two NES consoles some controllers in a box at a garage sale. I paid $15.00 for the box. I had to replace both pin sets on the consoles but they worked great! That’s when I realized Donkey Kong on the NES was the best version!

But I’ve learned recently all versions are really fun to play if you give them a try!

I also love Donkey Kong, but I am terrible at it. Yet, I still keep playing.

PXL_20240202_030223075.jpg

Edited by Alex_813
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, shane857 said:

A bit of Donkey Kong 7800 this evening...

It's a shame they didn't include all 4 screens from the arcade version. Still a great port thou, second to the NES version in my opinion...

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

This and Ms. Pac-Man are the 7800 games I probably play the most.  The missing level was dropped from almost all ports back then anyway.  I really enjoy this version for whatever reason.  The NES version is great of course, and really they're quite close in quality.  The 7800 "suffers" in the sound department, but I kinda got used to it.  I simply cannot cotton to the Coleco 2600 version.  But this version I pick up almost every gaming session.  I think there is a homebrew/hack that "fixed" a lot of it (audio, missing levels/animation), and it's quite an achievement, but I still like having this vintage copy.

• Like 2