IGNORED

What Atari 2600/7800 game have you been playing the most today?

shane857

2 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

The game today is FANTASTIC VOYAGE.

To me, FV seems like a slower, more deliberately paced version of River Raid.  I actually prefer FV over RR.

• Like 4

On 4/17/2024 at 7:40 PM, MrChickenz said:

HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI TODAY!

Todays game is Red Dead Redemption 

In this open world (your half of the screen) survival, shooter you have to be fast on the draw! Or you’ll wind up dead! 
Watch out for Cactus, hop on a Wagon! If it ain’t broke! And I’ll be darn there’s a Shoot’n Range!

I have to be honest, I never knew there was target practice in this game. Lol!

IMG_0101.jpeg

IMG_0105.gif

IMG_0107.png

IMG_0109.jpeg

IMG_0114.jpeg

They should have added more 1 player variations against CPU opponent.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

Makes you feel like you’re in the game! “I wanna be a COWBOY” 

Somebody should homebrew Outlaw and re-release it, either for the 2600 or 7800. Improved graphics, more 1 player variations and maybe add a 2600 version of 'Ecstacy of Gold' as a background tune...

I know Atari are releasing a Limited edition of the game with a cool new label. Think the game is the original thou, not enhanced in any way. Also only shipping to the US

https://atari.com/products/outlaw-2600-silver-box-limited-edition

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Somebody should homebrew Outlaw and re-release it, either for the 2600 or 7800. Improved graphics, more 1 player variations and maybe add a 2600 version of 'Ecstacy of Gold' as a background tune...

I know Atari are releasing a Limited edition of the game with a cool new label. Think the game is the original thou, not enhanced in any way. Also only shipping to the US

https://atari.com/products/outlaw-2600-silver-box-limited-edition

Too bad Gunfight is no longer available from AA:  https://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=1627

• Like 1

Today’s game is SUPER SKATEBOARDIN’ for the 7800 on the 2600+.

This has to be one of my favorites for the 7800. It’s fast paced and a whole lot of fun! Great colors and graphics! Totally different concept compared to the maze and shooter games. This is a must try if you haven’t already.

IMG_0179.jpeg

IMG_0181.jpeg

IMG_0186.jpeg

IMG_0184.jpeg

IMG_0187.jpeg

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

Today’s game is SUPER SKATEBOARDIN’ for the 7800 on the 2600+.

This has to be one of my favorites for the 7800. It’s fast paced and a whole lot of fun! Great colors and graphics! Totally different concept compared to the maze and shooter games. This is a must try if you haven’t already.

IMG_0179.jpeg

IMG_0181.jpeg

IMG_0186.jpeg

IMG_0184.jpeg

IMG_0187.jpeg

I love that game🤙

For my real 7800 I once got a PAL version from HES Australia🤗

20240422_190746.jpg

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

I love that game🤙

For my real 7800 I once got a PAL version from HES Australia🤗

That’s Awesome! That’s a unique label. I’m not that impressed with the label I have. Should have been more colorful.

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 2

I have to admit, I have put my 2600+ off to the side for the last ten days or so, thanks to my 400 Mini.

Eventually I'll get bored of the Mini and move back to the 2600+.

• Like 1

Todays Game DEADLY DUCK!

I love this game. These Crabs are difficult to shoot and the levels get progressively harder. This is one for the collection!

Objective: Deadly Duck’s job is to score points by blasting his enemy the crabs,

their Bricks and the Dragonflies. Deadly Duck can keep shooting as long as he

avoids getting bonked by a falling Brick or hit by a Dragonfly’s Bomb.

IMG_0201.jpeg

IMG_0203.jpeg

IMG_0205.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

Todays Game DEADLY DUCK!

I love this game. These Crabs are difficult to shoot and the levels get progressively harder. This is one for the collection!

Objective: Deadly Duck’s job is to score points by blasting his enemy the crabs,

their Bricks and the Dragonflies. Deadly Duck can keep shooting as long as he

avoids getting bonked by a falling Brick or hit by a Dragonfly’s Bomb.

IMG_0201.jpeg

IMG_0203.jpeg

IMG_0205.jpeg

Looks good bro. 👍

• Like 1

Since I only discovered Champ Games a month ago, I've been playing Robotwar: 2684, Turbo and the demo of Tutankhamn. Also Millipede (Trackball), Shattered Earth & Fallpit are getting daily play. 

Edited by JCat
  • Like 4

I played my copy of Mr. Run and Jump a while ago and I should get back into it sometime. It's quite a difficult game and it's the first one to make me use save states on my RetroN 77, funnily enough.

Despite that, I still love it.

• Like 3

HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI 2600+ TODAY 

Today I’m gonna be playing some M.A.S.H.

This game is my original cartridge from way back when! I logged many hours on this game, 1 or 2 players. Like any game playing against a human opponent adds more intense game play. But it’s fun either way!

THE OBJECTIVE:

You are Hawkeye Pierce, Chief Medical Surgeon of the 4077th MASH. Your responsibilities include rescuing injured men from the battlefield, performing surgery in the operating room, or, in an alternative game, picking up Colonel Potter's skydiving medics. You pilot your chopper low through the trees, avoiding shells fired at you from a North Korean tank. After picking up the medics or wounded and rushing them back to the hospital, the pressure really starts to get heavy. Time is running out for the injured men and you must operate. You have to work fast.

You are competing with your fellow surgeons, either B.J. Hunnicut, Trapper John Mcintyre or Frank Burns.

IMG_0227.jpeg

IMG_0228.jpeg

IMG_0232.jpeg

IMG_0231.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 1