IGNORED

NEW GAME: Ghostbusters Ultimate Edition

1 hour ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

He looks like he started going to the gym after the new year and, unlike some of us, he kept going 😁 I would expect nothing less from the Stay Buff Marshmallow Man.

Screenshot_20240316-105356.thumb.png.0aee0f851431d36afa5be2b7ceeaf318.png

That picture is ... disturbing ... 😵

-dZ.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

This version looks fantastic!!!👍

They must have sold at least 50 or 60 by now......

One would hope! There really is no comparison between the two versions.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, eebuckeye said:

I'm confused.. I thought I read if 100 are ordered then there will be another run in the future.  If 100 are not ordered there will be no more runs.  Is this true?

On Facebook, William Moeller, the publisher during this phase of production just posted this which I think might be helpful: 

Just some last second information on GBUE: The game will be going away FOREVER if there are fewer than 100 sales after the deadline. The game will be going away until 2026 (revised) if the campaign is successful. ONLY supporters will get the ROM. The ROM will not be sold after the deadline. The CIB will not be sold after the deadline. Late payments will be refunded. There is a discount for resellers who buy 10 or more copies. Email: gb.orders2024@gmail.com for information. Any requests before midnight Sunday March 24, 2024 EDT will have 24 hours to make the payment or the order is void. Any requests after the deadline will be void. Any payments made after the deadline with the above exceptions will be refunded. The cartridge is protected and will NOT be dumpable. So, if you think that you'll just be able to borrow a rare GBUE cart and dump the contents, you'll be disappointed. If the campaign is NOT successful, PDFs of the manual, overlays and Box will be released for people to do as they please. If you want to buy the ROM, get the cartridge and if the campaign is successful, sell the cart and keep the ROM. If it isn't successful, you have an ultra rare game. Excess copies will be sold on eBay for $500 plus. Your choice to support the campaign or miss out.

7 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Why would someone want to dump the cartridge if you get a ROM with the purchase, unless of course the cartridge version holds more features than the ROM version does?

I think the initial purchase is just the cartridge. ROM only comes if sales of 100 are reached.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carlsson said:

Why would someone want to dump the cartridge if you get a ROM with the purchase, unless of course the cartridge version holds more features than the ROM version does?

My best guess would be that they want to get a copy that isn't watermarked (as they have said the digital copies will be). Collectors love variations. Since backing up the cart will be impossible, if they distribute digital copies, I intend to keep a copy of my digital version in a safe place and rarely (never?) use the physical cart.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sfish said:

On Facebook, William Moeller, the publisher during this phase of production just posted this which I think might be helpful: 

Sales by ransom, how nice.  I miss the days when they argued about pre-orders.

The people involved in this project must be so proud.

dZ.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, sfish said:

To be clear, I'm not the 'publisher' on this game. I took the money and I'm putting the game on cart. I'm also shipping out the carts or depending on the outcome of the campaign, the CIB copies. I had zero financial risk in this release. In the respect that I assisted and took the payments and helped out in other ways, I'm a supporter too. I have ONE personal copy. I won't be selling any more copies now that the campaign is over. There are two resellers and I'm not one of them.   

PS: I am indeed proud of my contributions.

14 hours ago, carlsson said:

The personal ROMS will contain information about where the ROM came from and be personally identifiable. The cartridge is going to be watermarked as the cartridge version. If it is successfully dumped and ends up on a ROM site, the team will know where it came from. 

The cartridge version is identical to the ROM versions, except that the ROM versions will be individually compiled for supporters if the ROM is given out to supporters. 

19 hours ago, eebuckeye said:

I'm confused.. I thought I read if 100 are ordered then there will be another run in the future.  If 100 are not ordered there will be no more runs.  Is this true?

True. If the campaign is a failure, there will never be more made. 

It's a moot point as the deadline has been passed. Expect an announcement tonight. 

Edited by Games For Your Intellivision
Add an additional point

37 minutes ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

To be clear, I'm not the 'publisher' on this game.

Thanks for the clarification and apologies for any unintentional misrepresentation. 

I'm interested to find out what cartridge case style and color will be used for this release.