IGNORED

NEW GAME: Ghostbusters Ultimate Edition

Ghostbusters Ultimate Edition is an all-new Intellivision port of the classic Activision game.

gbue1.jpg.522f1c6e1afeb1da68831f3243ba5204.jpg

Features include:

- 6-channel ECS music (and it has more songs than the original)
- Sing along lyrics
- Digitized voice samples (with Intellivoice)
- All vehicle and equipment choices from the original.
- Cut scenes and references to the movie (enhancement over the original)
- Ghostbuster account system for recording game progress. Compatible with Apple 2, C64, Atari 8-bit, MSX and PC versions.
- Stay Puft attacking the city (as in the original)

For more details or to order a copy of the game, please email: gb.orders2024@gmail.com

gbue23.jpg.d7af60c1a9e4fbde9868c4ae81c2f961.jpg gbue22.jpg.28b294d755ae7e503e82bff56383d9ec.jpg

gbue10.jpg.ca2c4f846a84d08842d5740fa1f7c4ed.jpg gbue18.jpg.bb8a1edf85c39e98fe0b11d7d530c13c.jpg

gbue21.jpg.52758aa96e6295b4db89c8cfbc05afdc.jpg gbue9.jpg.22babc4191b164fd80de5bc61c359334.jpg

gbue19.jpg.351954b98467e05b3073729ae6a20bc7.jpg gbue16.jpg.6825e2194f4017b104d7d4eb845fbb55.jpg

gbue20.jpg.2ad0060ffaa1d966c0cc7c1cf646cc97.jpg gbue3.jpg.55c73766882b183abcb79c2e8c6784f4.jpg

gbue17.jpg.79d1d5d5492ffef4f9325e9e2828e9aa.jpg gbue5.jpg.23b26571cb818c92ab23e82423205ad5.jpg

• Like 20

The graphics, sound, and design on this are just top-notch, it really captures the gameplay of the original and even exceeds it. Remember in the 80s when the cartoon had to be called "The Real" Ghostbusters to avoid conflict with some other cartoon? This game is the real Ghostbusters.

I haven't played this game, but from the pictures above, the characters remind me

of the characters in Infiltrator and Pandora.

Perhaps you could tie them together by giving this character a name,

something along the lines of a "Jack Reacher", and then continue

a series of games to the effect "Jack Reacher and the such-and-such challenge".

Just a thought.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DZ-Jay said:

That would be David Crane.  Hehehe.

dZ.

You might as well mention Steve Jackson, since GB was based on an adaptation of Jackson’s Car Wars. Which was inspired by an Alan Dean Foster’s short story.

9 hours ago, cmadruga said:

You might as well mention Steve Jackson, since GB was based on an adaptation of Jackson’s Car Wars. Which was inspired by an Alan Dean Foster’s short story.

Right!  Of course, I was just being silly.  This edition does give the impression of being the definitive version of the Ghostbusters game.  Good job!  👍🏻👍🏻

dZ.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 7:13 AM, cmadruga said:

People should listen to the interview you did on the Intellivisionairies. You really go the extra mile with your work.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Intymike said:

But is it all about singing?

Well ... there is that sing-along title screen ... 🤔

Seriously, I'm really excited to see this project finally come to fruition.  Ghostbusters on the Commodore 64 was one of my favourite games when I was a child, and I know that @cmadruga made every effort to not only keep the spirit and style of the original, but aimed at improving upon all its variations; taking what was best from each conversion, and avoiding or even correcting any of their problems or limitations -- all while playing to the strengths of the Intellivision.

Next to The Pandora Incident (which I consider to be one of the best games on our platform), Ghostbusters Ultimate Edition is bound for legendary status.

Great job and many thanks to all involved!

dZ.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sfish said:

Now I just need an ECS. :D 

When @cmadruga  builds his Time Machine to go back to the 1980s, he can tell Mattel that he has the "killer app" that will help move their stagnant ECS and Intellivoice inventory.

(While he's at it, he can drive by Activision and stick it to David Crane to show him how it's really done.😆)

dZ.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, DZ-Jay said:

When @cmadruga  builds his Time Machine to go back to the 1980s, he can tell Mattel that he has the "killer app" that will help move their stagnant ECS and Intellivoice inventory.

(While he's at it, he can drive by Activision and stick it to David Crane to show him how it's really done.😆)

dZ.

It would have to be a Delorean limousine to fit all the people that make the stuff we have nowadays possible ;-) 

• Like 1