IGNORED

What do you think of the Atari 2600+ at the moment...

shane857

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2024 at 7:27 AM, JetmanUK said:

I really like the M Network box design, it's iconic.

On 5/21/2024 at 9:34 AM, Sean_1970 said:

It is, but it doesn’t sit in my shelving unit properly and a top label with artwork would be pretty neat I think.

I agree with both tbh, ngl imagine if they altered the classic Red Label boxes from the late 80's to add some m-network flair to the boxes!

TBF my only boxed atari game is Air Raiders, sooooo.... idk take what i say with grains of salt/sand

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I think that with the firmware update it is becoming an awesome way to play atari on modern tvs!  Having to use cartridges has got me collecting for atari 2600 and 7800 games again which in itself is fun.  Hopefully the next update will allow for touchpad/keypad/driving controllers to be used.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JOD-I said:

I think that with the firmware update it is becoming an awesome way to play atari on modern tvs!  Having to use cartridges has got me collecting for atari 2600 and 7800 games again which in itself is fun.  Hopefully the next update will allow for touchpad/keypad/driving controllers to be used.

It's super fun to free yourself from the rom prison.... Plus I love getting all these new games with dip switches !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fred_M said:

Have you seen that the box art for the M Network compilation in the US seems to be different to the European version?

Atari.com

mnetworkatari.thumb.jpg.13bf26d7b6da9f37fc244d39af0bc36d.jpg

Bol.com (Dutch Amazon like online retailer)

mnetwork_bol.thumb.jpg.5313eef2903014af42ebd9d3e89ab6c3.jpg

Interesting. I prefer the Dutch one, but surely it will be the same worldwide as all 2600 carts are NTSC, so I doubt they'd go to the expense of two different boxes. I wonder which is correct? Probably Atari.com's version sadly.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NicodemusLegend said:

Gotta say, the apparent Dutch version is way cooler.

27 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Interesting. I prefer the Dutch one, but surely it will be the same worldwide as all 2600 carts are NTSC, so I doubt they'd go to the expense of two different boxes. I wonder which is correct? Probably Atari.com's version sadly.

18 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

Dutch! All the way!

It is not Dutch, this is the European version. Amazon UK and DE show the same box art as the Dutch website.

By the way, all boxes are different. Some completely, some only have a different "Atari 7800" logo.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Yeah, there are some minor differences between PAL and NTSC boxes, I'll find the two compilations of both and post them tomorrow 

I've also seen different Epyx boxes online too, how many of the games have different box art? 

On the subject of Epyx, is the collection licenced? Or have Atari purchased the IP?

• Like 1