IGNORED

Cuttle Cart 2 Discussion Thread

cschell

The A78 file is for emulators. the CC2 uses bin files.

ok that explains some of it then because i think I took the a78. file instead oof the BIn file AnYTIME i had the option! Thats why Im missing so many games bet thank you. More work to be done now though! Atleast i have a clue to some of my problems. Thank you Mucho! :)

The A78 file is for emulators. the CC2 uses bin files.

ok that explains some of it then because i think I took the a78. file instead oof the BIn file AnYTIME i had the option! Thats why Im missing so many games bet thank you. More work to be done now though! Atleast i have a clue to some of my problems. Thank you Mucho! :)

I made my Java program to chop off the a78 header from the file (this makes it into a ROM file) and then check with the romdb to see what the rom is. Oh, and it looks in zip files too. This was done so you could have it look in

mess\software\a2600

and

mess\software\a7800

because most people will keep their roms in a structure like this.

But the romdb has not been updated in a long time. I need to get my romdb get information and make people run it so I can update the romdb.

It's amazing how easy it is to add random games after you have been doing it for a couple years, and how hard it is to explain it in an easy way to new users.

I still love both of my CC2's and will upload my entire MMC card contents to anyone who wants it. (with yousendit, or other file transfer service, since it is only 6mb) I have my games seperated by company and have been adding new games here and there as they come out.

It's amazing how easy it is to add random games after you have been doing it for a couple years, and how hard it is to explain it in an easy way to new users.

I still love both of my CC2's and will upload my entire MMC card contents to anyone who wants it. (with yousendit, or other file transfer service, since it is only 6mb) I have my games seperated by company and have been adding new games here and there as they come out.

Thanks,I'd love it :)

Now to just find a CC2

:sad:

Light Guns dont work with the CC2 do they? Is there a trick to get them to work? Thanks for any help! and to all the recent responses!

CC2 only controls the software that goes into your Atari 7800. So CC2's do work with a Light Gun as long as the cart you loaded works with a Light Gun.

I use my 7800 on my Old Bedroom TV thats about 20 yrs old and still kickin well!

Gun works fine when i insert a real cart and never works for me when i use the CC2.

So Im not sure but thats a fact in my home. Maybe I have an alien CC2? MAybe its been dropped on ist head when it was a baby since i bought mine 2nd hand? LOL

Seriously though, this is fact on my set and the TV nor the Gun seem to be the culprit. All is well with real carts so now im more confused again. :ponder:

I use my 7800 on my Old Bedroom TV thats about 20 yrs old and still kickin well!

Gun works fine when i insert a real cart and never works for me when i use the CC2.

So Im not sure but thats a fact in my home. Maybe I have an alien CC2? MAybe its been dropped on ist head when it was a baby since i bought mine 2nd hand? LOL

Seriously though, this is fact on my set and the TV nor the Gun seem to be the culprit. All is well with real carts so now im more confused again. :ponder:

What games are you using to test with?

Mitch

Mitch

and are you trying the same game on both carts (cc2 and stand-a-lone)?

Edited by Mot

here's the contents of my CC2.

My menus are alphabetical and I don't include any PAL bins since I only have an NTSC tv.

You have a few entries that don't have roms:

Processing menu entry 31 of 800ERROR: unable to open .bin file GAMES\IMPSS78F.BIN

7800: Impossible Mission (fixed?) IMPSS78F78SC_R8K78BIOS

Processing menu entry 35 of 800ERROR: unable to open .bin file GAMES\7800KERN.BIN

7800: Kern (demo) 7800KERN7800_16K78BIOS

Processing menu entry 58 of 800ERROR: unable to open .bin file GAMES\RESCUEF.BIN

7800: Rescue on Fractalus (proto) RESCUEF 7800_ROF78BIOS

Processing menu entry 64 of 800ERROR: unable to open .bin file GAMES\SPACEWAR.BIN

7800: Space War (alpha) SPACEWAR7800_4K 78BIOS

Processing menu entry 75 of 800ERROR: unable to open .bin file GAMES\TUBESV1.BIN

7800: Tubes v1 (demo) TUBESV1 7800_16K78BIOS

Processing menu entry 76 of 800ERROR: unable to open .bin file GAMES\TUBESV2.BIN

7800: Tubes v2 (demo) TUBESV2 7800_16K78BIOS

You have the following new definitions that I don't:

7800: Asteroids Deluxe ASTDLX78 HSC_32K HSC 4b27680f

7800: Beef Drop (demo) BDDEMO 78POKEY 78BIOS ea52f72b

7800: Frogger (demo) FROGER78 78POKEY 78BIOS bfcae5fe

7800: M.I.A. MIA78 78SC_BIG 78BIOS 5fb90598

7800: Ms. Pac Attack MSPACATK HSC_16K HSC 197b1b33

7800: Pac-man PAC78 HSC_16K HSC f1b880d5

7800: Pac-man Collection PACCOLL HSC_32K HSC 3625ef96

7800: Q*Bert (demo) BONQ 7800_48K HSC 16d9b23c

7800: Robotfindskitten RFK7800 7800_32K 78BIOS f8730a9f

7800: Space Duel SPACDUEL HSC_32K HSC e0847736

7800: Soft Cell SOFTCELL 78POK512 78QUICK 88ec47ee

7800: Xevious Insane XEVINS78 7800_32K 78BIOS 789d103e

Strange that I don't have anything in the 2600s.

Thanks again for posting this!

Those are all homebrews/hacks that are in various threads on this board, except M.I.A which is a prototype that Mitch posted.

I'd forgotten about the Soft Cell mp3. lol

Those are all homebrews/hacks that are in various threads on this board, except M.I.A which is a prototype that Mitch posted.

I'd forgotten about the Soft Cell mp3. lol

for some reason my program has MIA in it but didn't pic this up (I think I was missing a tab, the CC2 c code I used does not like that). I fixed that.

btw I found GAMES\bonQ.bin and rfk7800.bin and XEVINS78.bin . I didn't think that worked because it needs to be in uppercase. Did these work for you?

Love my Cuttle Cart 3 but would love another run of Cuttle Cart 2 maybe with the improvements that were made to 3 ease of setup micro sd ect Cuttle Cart 4 :) if anyone els feels the same please let Chad know if there is enough demand he just might do it :)

cc3 ???

CC2 -> standard 7800 CC with the SD card w or w/o POKEY installed....

CC3 -> ???

Love my Cuttle Cart 3 but would love another run of Cuttle Cart 2 maybe with the improvements that were made to 3 ease of setup micro sd ect Cuttle Cart 4 :) if anyone els feels the same please let Chad know if there is enough demand he just might do it :)

cc3 ???

CC2 -> standard 7800 CC with the SD card w or w/o POKEY installed....

CC3 -> ???

CC3 is the Intellivison version if thats what youre asking. ;) Cheers :)

Mitch

No I think I used Alien Brigade on the CC2 and Barnyard on cart but I may have gone back and tried Barnyard on the CC2, infact I think i did but I cant say for certain.

Updated CC2ROMDB.TXT

BTW, what is this and do i need it and how important is this? Thanks

Mitch

No I think I used Alien Brigade on the CC2 and Barnyard on cart but I may have gone back and tried Barnyard on the CC2, infact I think i did but I cant say for certain.

Updated CC2ROMDB.TXT

for the cc2 its the menu file... so you can call up dames saved in your SD card... but this is just the menu not the games, IIRC theres a way to comment out games you don't have...

I think... its been awhile...

lookin for mine for comparison, wii update.

um... then again... well it looks like the same setup for the menu files... I have like 8 sub menus in mine all backwards looping back to main menu...

looks like I need to update thou-

Edited by FireTiger

for the cc2 its the menu file... so you can call up dames saved in your SD card

Great! I could always use some more good dames! :lust: :D

I didnt know my SD card was also a lil black book of sorts! :lol::D

Seriously though, if i have the games but they are not being found by my menu, will this help recognize them games? And I must have to do this manuallly so its time to break out the manual if so, Cheers

Edited by Phantom

Updated CC2ROMDB.TXT

This is all the definitions for games with the crc code for each. You can use this file with CC2MenuGenerator from Shells site. This will look at the rom files you have and rename them and put them in GAMES\<romname>.BIN files and output both MENU.TXT and MENU.CC2 files for you.

Or Some guy created a Java program that will do the same thing but will create sub-menus for Name, Controller (joy,paddle,etc), and Company.