IGNORED

Controller rarity guide [BACK ONLINE !]

sku_u

On to add to the guide.

In the 80's I was a BIG Pointmaster fan and Had two Pointmasters and the fire control thing. I also had one "Pointmaster Pro" which was the pointmaster with an orange toggle switch on it that turned the built in fire control on or off.

I'd send you a pic, but alas that joystick died some time ago -- (still have the Pointmasters though!)

-- Geb --

I have a controller that isnt on your list. It's labeld competition pro, but its completley different from the comp pro that you have. it looks a bit like the archer but it has two buttons on the base as well as a trigger and a button on top.

Probably a Competition Pro 300X.

no, its not the 300x, it has the pistol grip but its more angular rather than curved.

Do you have a pic? :)

Not at the moment, i dont have a digital cam, but I may be able to borrow one this weekend and ill try to get a pic if you want it for the list.

Yes, it would be a great addition :)

Is the Wico stick really a 5? I've seen tons of those. In fact, for some reason, I've seen more with the box than without the box.  

Cool guide.  :thumbsup:

The rarities are just preliminary and will likely change once the guide gets more comprehensive. The WICO bat controllers are probably no more than a 3.

What about the Wico Boss? Is that more of a C64 controller that just happens to be compatible with the 2600 or something?

I was wondering if there was a site for just Wico controllers on the net or not.

I just did a google search and what Im coming up with is that the boss was marketed as a muti-platform joystick. As for Wico only sites, havent found one. :)

The unknown probably is a pirate joystick. Looks like one...

There's no such thing when it comes to controllers :)

You never know, they made games and systems. I could be wrong though.

Many controllers were made with several systems in mind. At the time, the inputs of the VCS were also being used in several other systems. While most controllers were third party, they did not have to be licensed or endorsed by Atari.

Gameshark isn't endorsed by Playstation. Are they just a pirate company?