IGNORED

Controller rarity guide [BACK ONLINE !]

sku_u

I was going through my joysticks and I found this one.  It has no name or marking except on the plug it say WEC.  Any ideas, clues?

I think I have virtually the same one -- and I don't have a clue what it is, either. It came in a lot of Atari and NES stuff I bought last year that included about 12 sticks. It looked unweildy so I never tried it.

Woohoo! I got one that's not on the list!!

It's called "Starfighter," it's a very hard plastic stick that's on the small side. I actually got two of these back in the 80's to replace my CX-40's. I've since sold one but still have the other somewhere, I think. :D

I got it at Radio Shack, for whatever that's worth. I'll have to track it down and snap some pics.

Also, I have some open Mindscape controllers (the guide has only a sealed one) that I use all t he time. Y'all need pix of them, too?

Woohoo! I got one that's not on the list!!

It's called "Starfighter," it's a very hard plastic stick that's on the small side. I actually got two of these back in the 80's to replace my CX-40's. I've since sold one but still have the other somewhere, I think.  :D  

I got it at Radio Shack, for whatever that's worth. I'll have to track it down and snap some pics.  

Also, I have some open Mindscape controllers (the guide has only a sealed one) that I use all t he time. Y'all need pix of them, too?

Yes, definitely. It'd be nice to get at least one boxed shot and one loose shot for each listing.

I was wondering if anyone had the D-zyn Suprstick or Le Stick who'd be willing to contribute images?

The others I can think of not already there are the Sears driving controllers, and the other MB controller.

I have several controllers and a few with their boxes that are not in your rarity guide. I will do my best to get pictures.

Probably the most unusual one I have is a Zoomer by Beeshu. It's a large gray controller with two large handles (kinda looks like an airplane steering wheel). It also has a dial for auto fire on the base

I have 3 controllers not on the rarity list yet. I've already taken the pix and will submit them on Monday... I am not on my own connection right now...

They are:

Newport ProStick III

Starfire

- and an "unknown".... (spooky!)

Is the Prostick III compatable with the Atari? I always thought it was a colecovision controller. These would be a welcome addition.

@MrFoodmonster, the Tron Controller is also excellent to use. It's by far my favorite VCS controller. I hope to get the box for it in good shape someday. :D

Is the Prostick III compatable with the Atari?  I always thought it was a colecovision controller.  These would be a welcome addition.

They were "made" for the CV but I suspect the only real differences between the II and the III is the Y-cable for the CV controllers so you can continue to use the CV keypad, and the 3 "position" button. I bought both of mine new (can't find the boxes though - just the manuals :sad: ) and both of them "died" around the same time.. the cabling went "bad" for some reason, so I recently put in new surplus Atari cables...

When they were new and original they worked fine with the VCS and 7800... so, yes, I would call them 100% Atari "compatible".

I don't think the Pointmaster rates a 5. They are way more common than that. I have two or three of them and see them regularly when I'm out hunting.

The "Unknown Light Gun" that is pictured on the list (and the type of the one shown above) looks like the ones in those multi game sets (called Power Player or Power Joy or something like that) that are currently at the flea markets. Dirt common I think. Does the gun actually work on 2600 games?

I think I have the RGA Remote Control Joysticks. Can't get them to work.

I may have a controller that isn't listed. I'll dig when I get back home in a week.