IGNORED

Controller rarity guide [BACK ONLINE !]

sku_u

What would you consider a pirate controller?  IMO there is no such thing.

If someone unauthorized uses a brand name we call them "product pirates" over here in Germany.

A lot of weird controllers came out for the VCS. I'd have to see that controller opened and compare it to opened "authorized" comp pros before arriving at that conclusion.

Is the Prostick III compatable with the Atari?  I always thought it was a colecovision controller.  These would be a welcome addition.

They were "made" for the CV but I suspect the only real differences between the II and the III is the Y-cable for the CV controllers so you can continue to use the CV keypad, and the 3 "position" button. I bought both of mine new (can't find the boxes though - just the manuals :sad: ) and both of them "died" around the same time.. the cabling went "bad" for some reason, so I recently put in new surplus Atari cables...

When they were new and original they worked fine with the VCS and 7800... so, yes, I would call them 100% Atari "compatible".

Funny you men tioned that, I had the exact same problem with my Prostick III's as well. Had to put in a standard 9 pin Atari cable - good thing I had some Y cables around so I can still use the thing! :D

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  

thanks for posting everyone. I especially dig CPUWIZ's stick stand :D

I think the boxed stickstand picture has a broken link. It won't open for me. Also the picture of the Stand doesn't have the orange ball in it, thus it is incomplete. (you can see it on the box, but it should also be in the other picture)

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  

thanks for posting everyone. I especially dig CPUWIZ's stick stand :D

I think the boxed stickstand picture has a broken link. It won't open for me. Also the picture of the Stand doesn't have the orange ball in it, thus it is incomplete. (you can see it on the box, but it should also be in the other picture)

It's still in the box. :roll:

I still get a 404 when clicking on the boxed picture and I didn't say yours was incomplete, just the picture on the left is :roll: :roll:

I still get a 404 when clicking on the boxed picture and I didn't say yours was incomplete, just the picture on the left is :roll: :roll:

The link is fixed, if anyone comes across any broken links, please LMK.

Thanks for all the contributions!!!! :D

That gun shouldn't be there. It most definitely looks like a Famicom clone packin gun, which typically use the db9 connectors.

Here's one that's not on the list yet, I'd never seen this before either:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3078952788&category=41009

Yes, that looks like a Famicom clone gun to me also.

That stick is the Telegames Super Deluxe Joystick. (7800)

One other thing, the 7800 joystick is listed twice. Once as the Atari Deluxe Joystick and once as the 7800 stock controller.

Mitch

Hey Mitch, does it have two distinct fire buttons then? The packaging makes it out to be a 2600 & compatible stick, but it did favor the 7800 stick when I saw it. I noticed the seller has the pic saved under Telegames on his site, so I was wondering about that. This is telegames the company, not the official Atari stuff sold thru Sears correct?

I have a Spectravideo Quickshot that is different than the one shown on the site (it's model 318-102 and it has both of the fire buttons on the handle, rather than one being on the base & it also has an auto fire button). Would you want a pic of that?

Also with the Triga-Command is there any difference between the Triga-Command and the Triga-Command II? I compared my Triga-Command to the pic of the Triga-Command II and I didn't notice any... :ponder:

I have a Spectravideo Quickshot that is different than the one shown on the site (it's model 318-102 and it has both of the fire buttons on the handle, rather than one being on the base & it also has an auto fire button). Would you want a pic of that?

Yes, that would be a nice addition to the guide.

Hey Mitch, does it have two distinct fire buttons then?  The packaging makes it out to be a 2600 & compatible stick, but it did favor the 7800 stick when I saw it. I noticed the seller has the pic saved under Telegames on his site, so I was wondering about that. This is telegames the company, not the official Atari stuff sold thru Sears correct?

Yes, it's a 7800 controller clone, nearly identically to the standard 7800 stick, even uses the same wiring circuit as the standard 7800 stick. Incidentally, The Best Joystick sold by Best Electonics is identical to the one sold by Telegames.com (not the Sears telegames), the only difference is the sticker on the front of the joystick.

Mitch

I am still going to redig up the shot of the controller with the word joystick on it.....LMFAO. Yes, thats right a TAIWAN made with JOYSTICK imprinted on it.

The word JOYSTICK or letters are more stamped like and flush with the top of the base. The open area surrounding the word is slightly lower than the top base of the joystick.

post-2800-1077519016_thumb.jpg

Does anyone want me to post a pic of a slick stick box with price tag on it-LOL....You run out of things to take pictures of especially when someone has already posted a pic of what you have (<----Turtle slow)

Anyway CPUWIZ and others always have great looking photos- Shall we go one step further with packaging (boxes etc for those who have them) for the guide?? I have several I could post!

Cheers :idea: 8)

I've had this mystery controller for the 2600 for at least 20 years. It has no markings of any kind on it, except for a small sticker on the bottom saying "Made In Taiwan." But the only store where my parents ever bought game stuff for my brother and i was Toys 'R Us (pretty much cuz that was the only toy store in town). So I can't imagine that this thing is too rare.

It has a unique triangular-sectioned stick, and the wide, centrally-placed fire button makes it easy for left-handed users. Also, while the body is about as long as the standard Atari joysitck's, it is less wide, and I always ended up using this stick when I was a kid, simply because it fit in my hands more comfortably. The thing still works, too, so even though it's generic, at least it's not total garbage.

Now let's see if I'm smart enough to attach the pic...

post-4781-1077697026_thumb.jpg