IGNORED

Proposal Via Atari? CONTEST OVER!

pmpddytim

I'm glad so many people seem to approve of the idea!

I'm going to let the Idea ride for 3-4 days, if I cant find anyone who can do it by then I'll just have to go back to the old fashioned way. Not a great loss, just not quite as 8) .

If I can find someone to make it I will keep everyone informed and post some pics.

Tim

Tim:

You could you use the attached .bin file. Its Eckhard Stolberg's Scrolling text.. You can change the text a lot easier and produce a "will you marry me cart"... probably with a neat label. You could have Atari Age host a will you marry me contest label design! (Have Albert sponsor it) For starters, use a story with your fiance that you came accross this prototype in a thrift store (Mrs Piggys Wedding). Throw in the Atari Ages clear blue or red cart with Eckhard's Scrolling bin "Will you marry me"...walla!!! I think the most you will need is a good label for it. If I am not mistaken, Mrs Piggy's Wedding never had a label. Just an :idea:

Cheers :D

eckhardstolberg_sscro_84e5d.zip

post-2800-1080417426_thumb.png

That Bin make me sick after awhile, You could copy and paste the code into a game after the first wave. I dissassembled the code, but he said you can add text in ASCII form, I found the location of the text (end of dissassembly), and figured out how to change stuff around. Now I just have to decode the values for the charachters :roll: .

The text really is made of ASCII characters, so your assembler should be able to do the encoding for you. When I posted these demos to the Stella mailing list some years ago,, I included the source code too. If you really want to use it for your modification, you might want to check the list's archive for the code. That might make things like changing the text or disabling the annoying colour cycling effect a little easier.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

Got it! "Will You Marry Me (Name)?" Scrolls on the screen!

Edit: I actually used an ASCII table on the internet, I typed in somthing by mistake ($97) and it displayed a random charachter like: N(Glitch) me)? I had to open it in word and use the find and replace all to change it, worked great! I suggest using Word to change (Name) to her name, because theres some spaces after (Name)?. Good luck!

wymmn.zip

@Eckhard: I have always liked the scrolling text .bin but never knew what to do with it. Tim's idea made me think of your file. I think the color's are awesome and so does my almost 3 year old daughter. I would like to edit

it with a happy birthday line coming up. Could I have your permission to do so? Just as a one time cart for my daughter only project?

@vb master: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sure, I have no problem with you (or anyone else) using these programs for personal messages. But you should really check out the original source code, because it automatically takes care of setting the proper text length information for the wrapping. Otherwise you'll either have to change the code by hand or your're stuck with using the same text length as in the demo.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

Sure, I have no problem with you (or anyone else) using these programs for personal messages. But you should really check out the original source code, because it automatically takes care of setting the proper text length information for the wrapping. Otherwise you'll either have to change the code by hand or your're stuck with using the same text length as in the demo.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

WHAT?! I pasted those 2 .byte lines like 1000 times!

First off thanks to everybody whos been helping.

Got it! "Will You Marry Me (Name)?" Scrolls on the ....I suggest using Word to change (Name) to her name, because theres some spaces after (Name)?. Good luck!

I tried to change (name) to Jennifer in word but it wont work for me. What am I doing wrong?

You could copy and paste the code into a game after the first wave. I dissassembled the code...

How would I do this? I have absolutely no knowledge of programming or the like.. :)

Nukey:

I like yours too. But I really want it to say "Will you marry me Jennifer" Without a name it looks kinda generic, like you can readily buy them ....

You could have Atari Age host a will you marry me contest label design! (Have Albert sponsor it)

You think they would do that? It would be cool to have a custom label on one of those clear carts with the red pcb. 8)

Thanks

Tim

I won't say yes for ALbert but I bet if you PM him, I think Albert would sponsor such a cool contest. I think that it would only be fair to ask Eckhard Stolberg to judge and vb or Nukey to finish the rom for you. The tough choice.....which .bin./rom to use. Seems your geared towards the scrolling text....

anyway I think this is going to be cool if Albert says yes! Yes you will have to post pictures.

Cheers 8)

First, I am leaning heavily towrds the scrolling text...It just looks so damn cool.

I won't say yes for ALbert but I bet if you PM him,  I think Albert would sponsor such a cool contest. I think that it would only be fair to ask Eckhard Stolberg to judge and vb or Nukey to finish the rom for you. The tough choice.....which .bin./rom to use.  Seems your geared towards the scrolling text....

anyway I think this is going to be cool if Albert says yes!  Yes you will have to post pictures.

Cheers 8)

It would be cool. But how much would it cost to print just one label? Probably way more than I can afford on my part time ,college student income. (graduating in may, thus the proposal). I could put up some prize money like a AA store gift certificate and pay for all the cart parts and what not but what kind of fees are involved for an entire contest?

Tim

First, I am leaning heavily towrds the scrolling text...It just looks so damn cool.

I won't say yes for ALbert but I bet if you PM him,  I think Albert would sponsor such a cool contest. I think that it would only be fair to ask Eckhard Stolberg to judge and vb or Nukey to finish the rom for you. The tough choice.....which .bin./rom to use.  Seems your geared towards the scrolling text....

anyway I think this is going to be cool if Albert says yes!  Yes you will have to post pictures.

Cheers 8)

It would be cool. But how much would it cost to print just one label? Probably way more than I can afford on my part time ,college student income. (graduating in may, thus the proposal). I could put up some prize money like a AA store gift certificate and pay for all the cart parts and what not but what kind of fees are involved for an entire contest?

Tim

Carts from CPUWiz cost $20 I think. He might charge you extra.

maybe not much at all if we ask Albert that this could be a promotional item towards a new product offered through the AA store...Scrolling text carts at a certain price (idea not to be abused-please). :twisted: . PM Albert and see what he says. I am sure he can work something out with you. I just don't want to assume anything on his behalf.. 8)

Cheers :)