IGNORED

Proposal Via Atari? CONTEST OVER!

pmpddytim

@Paul :thumbsup: ...You have to post the .bin when your finished please

@Tim....you could use the attached as a special (DK label) since its for a one time cart only type pic....I just thought it was cool (pack of gum & trading cards sku_u sent me) :D  

cheers

Yum yum...some guy was selling these by the boxes at a swap meet last summer, dont ask me why I didnt pick them up....I remember getting these when I was younger having fun with the scratch off tickets

Hi all LOL i was looking at this thread the other day and thought it was a classic then i just got my atari working today(woody 6sw) and guess what?

I put in my cart SUPER HIT PACK and tried to select a game and it happened the menu changed and a message came up on the screen..........      mary i love you will you marry me. when this happened the sound went funny and the game locks on the message.

What a coincidence!  

It only happens on the woody and now i have it working pretty good it hasnt come up again i will keep trying to get it up again and take a pic if you like.

But it looks like its been done before.

Thats pretty sweet. I'de love to see a screen shot if you can get it again.

Tim

Hmmmm... almost April 1st....

Anyway, I've hacked DK so it calls my own code in bank 2 after you finish the first level.  I'll probably have it done tomorrow and I'll post the ROM.

-paul

You sir, are the man. 8)

You'll have to pm your adress so I can send you an invitation to the wedding. :)

Tim

This is actually quite annoying now as i can hardly play the normal games without this message coming up.

Do you guys think this was on all the carts for this game or just mine or a few hundred or what?

STRANGE and a very weird coincedence that i found this the day after reading the origonal post!

This is actually quite annoying now as i can hardly play the normal games without this message coming up.

Do you guys think this was on all the carts for this game or just mine or a few hundred or what?  

STRANGE and a very weird coincedence that i found this the day after reading the origonal post!

It seems to be included with all the carts. At least it is included in mine too. To activate this message you have to hold down the buttons on both joysticks when you power up your VCS. Then the menu will turn into the following message:

(six hearts)

I LOVE YOU

BERNADETTE

I LOVE YOU

BERNADETTE

(six hearts)

If you now move the left joystick while still holding down the buttons, then the second half of the message will turn into:

WILL YOU

MARRY ME?

SKID

If your 6-switch VCS always goes to this message, something must be wrong with it's controller handling.

(And no, this is not an April Fools prank. You can go and get the ROM image from an independent source and see the graphics data for the message at addresses $2BD0 to $2CF0.)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

Wow, that is truly a great job Paul. I've been reading this thread and it dawned on me that my 9th anniversary is coming up on the 29th of April. Would it be possible to get one of those programmed for me? I would gladly pay you for time/materials and what not. :D That and I'm not very poetic. Maybe some of other members of the forum who are more gifted in verse can help out with a small message of my love for this woman? I noticed the 9th year is the year for lace and satin. Maybe we can make it look pretty. :grin: Anyway, gotta go now. She just got home. Can't let her see my master plan. Bwhahahaha.

I just played the game...Excellent workmanship. :D 8) :love:

The jump sound playing as the words are displayed will soon be imitated by Jennifer's heart... :D

Bad Anniversary Poem

A

True

Anniversary

Reward

Is you.

Not in verse, and incredibly cheesy, but hey...Maybe you'll like it...

After all, an Atari can't display a really long poem as well...

And, I think I just threw in an "A Winner is You" reference accidentally. :ponder: :P :D

-------

Chase Hermsen

Well, this rom works under Z26 but fails on the real thing. I'll figure out what's wrong tomorrow, but here it is. Hopefully I didn't go too overboard too much.

Amazing hack! :-)

One thing I thought I'd mention is that "Jennifer" is spelled wrong in that ROM. It has been spelled "Jeniffer". Otherwise, superb! :-) It would be nifty to add some sort of musical sequence, but not entirely necessary. :thumbsup: I may be interested in purchasing a variant of this one as well. :-)