IGNORED

Proposal Via Atari? CONTEST OVER!

pmpddytim

Never saw that one comming :o , maybe you could make a multicart with Nuky's and my BIN on it. :grin:

It needs to remain a relatively normal cart, a 2600 4K, 8K, 16K, or 32K binary. :)

..Al

Hmm, you could put a ON/ON switch into the cart and use a 27C64 instead of a 2732 and wire one address line with a pulldown resistor. :idea:

Never saw that one comming :o , maybe you could make a multicart with Nuky's and my BIN on it. :grin:

It needs to remain a relatively normal cart, a 2600 4K, 8K, 16K, or 32K binary. :)

..Al

Hmm, you could put a ON/ON switch into the cart and use a 27C64 instead of a 2732 and wire one address line with a pulldown resistor. :idea:

Heh, I was thinking on binding all the wired on top of each other except the +/- power wires, and hook on a switch to power either one of the +/- power pins, I know that probably won't work, but your idea sounds better.

I would be happy to help out and for this purpose would make a one-off cart free of charge.  :)

..Al

WOW! WOW! :D

This is Really amazing, and I can't thank you guys enough.

Everybody here is too generous.

CPUWIZ Wrote:

Hmm, you could put a ON/ON switch into the cart and use a 27C64 instead of a 2732 and wire one address line with a pulldown resistor.

Umm, I dont really know what this or any of the other tech talk means. :dunce:

Thanks!

Tim

Hmm, you could put a ON/ON switch into the cart and use a 27C64 instead of a 2732 and wire one address line with a pulldown resistor.

Umm, I don’t really know what this or any of the other tech talk means. :dunce:

Thanks!

Tim

That's relatively really simple.

I'd be willing to help hack a message into a game (so it pops up when you finish a level or something). I just ask that you pick one that's already been disassembled. Pitfall, River Raid, Cosmic Ark, Starmaster, Combat, Donkey Kong, Berzerk, Indy 500, probably some others I'm forgetting.

-paul

Donkey kong would be sweet. Could it be done where after the first level the scrolling text .bin pops up? I really like that, but dont know if its possible.

And Everyone look to the contest page soon, there will be a lable contest just as soon as we work everything out.

Tim

Donkey kong would be sweet. Could it be done where after the first level the scrolling text .bin pops up? I really like that, but dont know if its possible.

And Everyone look to the contest page soon, there will be a lable contest just as soon as we work everything out.

Tim

I think that would be possible DK is 4kb, and my scrolling text is 4kb, so that would be 8kb without anything omitted from DK, I think that would be extremely hard to do, but Paul (or Thomas for the record) might be able to do it.

I dont want to give anyone grief trying to do this. If i suggest somthing that ridiculously hard just say so, I know nothing of programming. Pitfall would also be cool (if somthing popped up after you died) as well as Demon attack (dont know if that disassembled).

Tim

I dont want to give anyone grief trying to do this. If i suggest somthing that ridiculously hard just say so, I know nothing of programming. Pitfall would also be cool (if somthing popped up after you died)  as well as Demon attack (dont know if that disassembled).  

Tim

To pop up after you died, I think would make her mad I'll see if I can get DK to work out.

Yeah, that should be easy. I can probably make it a little more elaborate than just a message too. Could be next weekend before I get to it, but I'll try to do it sooner.

I think DK is the best choice.

-paul

@Paul :thumbsup: ...You have to post the .bin when your finished please

@Tim....you could use the attached as a special (DK label) since its for a one time cart only type pic....I just thought it was cool (pack of gum & trading cards sku_u sent me) :D  

cheers

Hey, do those taste good anymore :lol: :lolblue: ?

I think that would be possible DK is 4kb, and my scrolling text is 4kb, so that would be 8kb without anything omitted from DK, I think that would be extremely hard to do, but Paul (or Thomas for the record) might be able to do it.

I'm sure Paul can come up with a much better text display himself, but if he wants to use the scrolling text demo, that one only uses about 1K for the code and the font data together. And since the displayed message is so short, it might be possible to fit everything into the 4K version of Donkey Kong if the second level gets removed.

Ciao. Eckhard Stolberg

quote]I'm sure Paul can come up with a much better text display himself, but if he wants to use the scrolling text demo, that one only uses about 1K for the code and the font data together. And since the displayed message is so short, it might be possible to fit everything into the 4K version of Donkey Kong if the second level gets removed.

Ciao. Eckhard Stolberg

I dont want to hinder anyone if they want to make somthing different than what I've suggested. If you feel you can make somthing even cooler than whats been put out here so far, go for it, I would love to see'em. :)

Tim

@VB.....It would tear my heart to even open such a prized pack of trading cards! :) ....I think it would equal to chewing on cardboard by now..I am afraid what that hair would do to the stomach. :woozy: I'm afraid that my stool would grow legs and walk out of the bathroom :lolblue: Sorry for the details......

@Paul: room for a pie factory!! :thumbsup: Can you squeeze Echards scrolling text after the first round of dk?

Cheers

anyone have any ideas on a label yet??

anyone have any ideas on a label yet??

I PM'd Albert a couple days ago about a lable contest, now I'm just waiting for a response.

It's not much but I'm thinking $25 to the AA store will be the prize. It'll probably have to be kinda short though cause I really wanted to propose before I graduated Thus I want to try to get the cart by the end of april. (man, that sentence is horrible.)

Anyway, as far as labels go go nuts with it, it dosent have to go with DK if you think of somthing unique. One I thought of was a Sabateur lable parody with a groom hiding around the corner from the bride. He could look scared with a ring in his hand. :D

Tim

Hi all LOL i was looking at this thread the other day and thought it was a classic then i just got my atari working today(woody 6sw) and guess what?

I put in my cart SUPER HIT PACK and tried to select a game and it happened the menu changed and a message came up on the screen.......... mary i love you will you marry me. when this happened the sound went funny and the game locks on the message.

What a coincidence!

It only happens on the woody and now i have it working pretty good it hasnt come up again i will keep trying to get it up again and take a pic if you like.

But it looks like its been done before.