IGNORED

I got my CC2 today!! Am I the first?

bjk7382

When someone comes up with the definitive set of Roms and gets them all working would it be possible to burn a cd image (like disc juggler) and post the image? Then the image could be downloaded, burned to a back up cd, and then copied directly to the CC2.

Bill

This is strange, I got the e-mail from shells.com domain: computer generated:

CHAD SCHELL of SCHELL'S ELECTRONICS sent Tom ******

a FedEx Express Saver Package.

but I hit the link and the FedEx site says number is unknown.

Well I hope I get this today (and before my wife sees it) :D

-------------------------------------------------------------

Chad,

I would be glad to have you except my java version of the menu generate code to add to your until's page.

They can be found at this page.

BJK:

You have to alphabetize them yourself - the whole point is to let you put things in any order you want.   Most spread sheet programs should be able to read your file in as columns, sort them, and then put them back out as tab delimited columns.  Then run the output of the spread sheet through the converter.

Yeah, I did it last night and it wasn't as hard as I thought it woudl be. I just cut and pasted the lines of the menu file in notepad.

For the Pac Hack, assuming it is based on Berzerk VE, you have to use F6 bankswitching and F6BANK0 as the startup file.  (It's a flawed ROM.)

That worked, thanks :)

Mitch:

The menu generator on the CD shipped with the carts has all the latest updates that you sent to me.  (But I haven't managed to get it on the website yet.)

Yeah, they're not on there because I haven't sent them to you yet. :) I should be done testing by Saturday. Of course that's too late for the CDs but I suppose people can pull the updated one off the website.

Mitch

Here's an ironic update - I +DID+ get my package yesterday, but it was sitting outside on the porch because I had already gone outside for a FedEx delivery earlier and didn't think to look again! The Mrs found it on her way to work this morning and left it in my recliner. When I woke up and came downstairs I found our cat curled up in the chair with it, guarding my Cuttle Cart 2. :D

Almost. How about that second run?  8)  

Yep, I skipped right over that one didn't I? ;) I have no idea about a second run. This was my largest ever single batch order, so I'm not sure how big the remaining market can possibly be.

I do know that right now I am really sick of assembling, testing, and packing these things. Every night this week I've been at it from when I get home at 8:00 until around 11:30-12:00. Taping up the boxes is suprisingly time consuming, but what really sucks up the time is filling out the Fedex shipping forms and checking that everything was entered correctly. And frighteningly I'm only half way through shipping these things out. (And I still have the dreaded customs forms fill out for all the international shipments and then standing at the post office for an hour or so while the postal clerk enters in everything for shipping. Ugh.)

Anyway, I have certainly not ruled out a second run. It will just depend on the response to this run, the level of interest in a second run, and how insane I am after finally getting this run out. :P

Designing is fun. Selling, assembling and shipping is not.

Chad

Can't wait for mine. Got the shipping notice today!! Woohoo. BTW, has anyone found any good deals for a 32meg MMC card and reader out there? All stores around me sell 64mb or higher. :( Hopefully there is place out there that has a good deal on the reader and card as a combo. That, or at least buy them at the same place to save on shipping. Thanks all.

Fred

I got 2 32 meg cards delivered for $32.00 from Dexis auctions on ebay. I also got a 6 in 1 USB 1.1 card reader (only does up to 64MB on MMC) for $7 or 8.00 plus shipping. I did have to go to the website to get software that would install and run on my Win 2k system but still pretty cheap. You can move files around with 2 cards in the drive transfering, reading or deleting on both. Pretty cool. Got the reader from speedymemory on ebay. I thought the 2 32mb cards for $16.00 each was a better deal than the one card for $10.00 + 8.00 shipping. Besides I like to have a spare card anyway. What happens if you get everything all set up and the MMC dies? Maybe I'll put all games on one and all favorite on another!

Chad,

I totally regret not buying the Cuttle Cart II.  If you decide to do a 2nd run I would pay ASAP.  If you have any left over after shipping out all of the orders, I will send you the money ASAP for one from the first batch.

Sean

This goes for me as well.

-S

how can i get a cc2 cart? please I.M. me if you know how. thanx a bunch!

1) get a money order for $200 plus shipping

2) get a time travel machine

3) use time travel machine to send your order back in January

uhhhhm.... 4) Profit!

Or hope that you can get in on the feeding frenzy for the extra units that were made to cover DOA problems. If you're keeping up with the 7800 form on AtariAge, you've already got a better chance than most.

I could have had my CC2 friday if I had been checking the tracking number! I got it today and after following instructions, (you tend to do that when you get older) everything worked the first time! So then I thought I would do a favorite games mmc. I copied everything from the working 32 mb mmc on to the harddrive. I made a list from the original games list and substituted the into the GAMES directory. Didn't work! Then I tried running the menu generator on the shortened list and tried that. Got closer but no cigar! Then I saw there was another men.txt? file needed. I copied that into the 16mb mmc card. It tried to work but came up with a cmd error. So how do you edit your games list? Add or delete?

It is a very nice cart and I am glad that I did jump in and buy one! I think ALL of the games, pretty much complete on 2600 and fairly complete on 7800 plus Chads files only take about 3.37 mb! That leaves a good 25 mb for all of the manuals! LOL! Great job Chad!

Just got it!

I gotta say, (without a MMC cart) I just got a paperwieght. So now I have to run out and get one for $40 - 64M or 128M for $60

or wait and get it on line. I already got the card reader at OfficeMax for $10 - $10 mail in rebate.

Should I try it without the card? Will it say please insert card or something? or will it break it?

Just got it!

I gotta say, (without a MMC cart) I just got a paperwieght.  So now I have to run out and get one for $40 - 64M or 128M for $60

or wait and get it on line.   I already got the card reader at OfficeMax for $10 - $10 mail in rebate.  

Should I try it without the card?  Will it say please insert card or something? or will it break it?

It will just give you an error that no MMC is inserted. Wow, $40 is pretty steep, there aren't any other stores near you that sell MMCs? 64mb is plenty big, you 'd have a tough time filling even a 32 mb MMC.

Mitch

I could have had my CC2 friday if I had been checking the tracking number! I got it today and after following instructions, (you tend to do that when you get older) everything worked the first time! So then I thought I would do a favorite games mmc. I copied everything from the working 32 mb mmc on to the harddrive. I made a list from the original games list and substituted the into the GAMES directory. Didn't work! Then I tried running the menu generator on the shortened list and tried that. Got closer but no cigar! Then I saw there was another men.txt? file needed. I copied that into the 16mb mmc card. It tried to work but came up with a cmd error. So how do you edit your games list? Add or delete?

It is a very nice cart and I am glad that I did jump in and buy one!  I think ALL of the games, pretty much complete on 2600 and fairly complete on 7800  plus Chads files only take about 3.37 mb! That leaves a good 25 mb for all of the manuals! LOL! Great job Chad!

The best way to create a custom menu list is to copy the games you want into a new folder and run the renamer on them again. It won't rename anything but it will generate a new menu file.

Mitch

I GOT MINE FROM DEXIS AUCTIONS, as I said above on ebay. I had the 2 32 mb cards in 3 days. Remember Chad advised not to get anything bigger than a 32 mb card as the larger ones may not be formatted in FAT16. So you might rush out and get that 64mb card and fin out it doesn't work until you re-format it in FAT16. Just my opinion.

Yeah, I think getting a decent priced 32 meg MMC will be a tougher challenge than getting the CC2. I missed out on a good priced one on ebay yesterday ($7 + 2 shipping) and can't find anything less than a total of $20 any where.

Many online store claim their stuff as an MMC card, when it is really an SD one (which won't work in the CC2). Plus they're charging in the $30-40 range.

So then I thought I would do a favorite games mmc. I copied everything from the working 32 mb mmc on to the harddrive. I made a list from the original games list and substituted the into the GAMES directory. Didn't work!

You edit the MENU.TXT file and then convert that file to a MENU.CC2 file using the menu converter. You should be able to just cut and paste from the MENU.TXT generated by the menu generator.

There are instructions for this in the manual.

Or you can use Mitch's suggestion and just run the generator on the smaller set of ROMs.

I will point out at this point though, that one of the reasons for letting people customize the menu is so that something like a favorites MMC is not really necessary. You can just group your favorites at one place at the start of the menu. But I guess it's a matter of personal preference.

Chad