IGNORED

I got my CC2 today!! Am I the first?

bjk7382

I can't remember where I got the Atari Goodset file, so I posted it with my other files on my web site. I'll leave it there for a while. I did get all my 7800 bin files from www.atari7800.org They are included in my files.

www.midthumbrc.com/cc2/

I got the kingston one from ewiz after MrRetrogamer recommended them. I went back after people started asking about mmc's but they were gone.

Those new no-name ones are a lot cheaper than the kingston ones. I think I paid 17 for the one I bought.

The Good2600 roms that I found the other day were all .a26, but they had no header like the .a78 files do.  On the other hand, a lot of them them weren't listed in the pack-in CC2ROMDB.TXT.  I downloaded a bigger CC2ROMDB.TXT that someone posted the other day (in the "controller type in CC2 menu" thread), and it recognized over a thousand more of them (mostly PAL).

As for the 7800 ROMs, you have to go to http://www.atari7800.org/bin.htm and download the binary versions from there.

The files .a26 are the same as bin files! and the menu generator will look at them and see if they match what is in the CC2ROMDB.TXT. As for the .a78 should be the same but I don't know why, but the roms for the 7800 from this site, do not work. Do get them from www.atari7800.org

The changes I made in controller type in cc2 menu thread, was just that, I added the controller type to the names of the roms in the CC2ROMDB.TXT.

I didn't change the number of roms that it recognizes.

It is still there if u-all want the controller type in the menu:

http://www.geocities.com/mot505/ctlMenu.html

Must say, big thumbs up to the CC2! I finally was able to get everything set up and testing and it works wonderfully. I haven't explored everything I can do with it yet, but the speed and ease of use is great.

Haven't tried putting 2600 games on it (baby steps), but every 7800 game I've tried has been flawless...

Very, very happy. :) :) Thanks Chad, and everyone else who's been part of getting these out!

This thread is 4 friggin pages long and yet nobody has bothered to do this ...

What? Take it apart and/or install a POKEY? Shoot, at $200 a pop, I ain't taking that thing apart for a very long time (if ever)!

No, take a picture. :ponder:

Hey, has anyone thought of making an end label for it?

I actually do have Cuttle Cart 2 end labels, but you can't apply them without cutting holes for the MMC slot and power connectors. :)

But of course. I certainly wouldn't mind cutting a few holes. Mind if we have a look?

I actually do have Cuttle Cart 2 end labels, but you can't apply them without cutting holes for the MMC slot and power connectors. :)

But of course. I certainly wouldn't mind cutting a few holes. Mind if we have a look?

I want to see it too. :D

@bjk: P.O.K.E.Y. is all packaged up. ;)

Important tip: when putting the MMC card into your CC2, be sure you're actually inserting it into the MMC slot! I managed to slip it into the hole but miss the slot connector. Had to pop the stupid thing open again to get it out.

Anyhow, today I've been playing around with getting the serial uploader working. I took the CRC routines out of the W32 uploader and wrote my own command-line uploader. Took me a bit of work to get the baud rate setting working, but I just loaded the patched version of Impossible Mission at 115000 baud. It takes about 11 seconds. A 4K 2600 ROM loads almost instantly at that speed. Anyhow, I'm not going to post the code for a few days until I've had some time to make sure it works well.

Another problem I had was that I had to use the /dev/cu.* device instead of the /dev/tty.* device to keep the drivers for my USB serial adapter from locking up due to DTR/RTS/CTS crap. I couldn't even do a simple stty from the command line on /dev/tty.* without it locking up! I guess I didn't have a problem using /dev/tty.* with my Z-80 ICE because its serial port did something with those inputs that kept the serial port happy.

..Al

Oh Sure, Al... :wink:

I have emailed you twice about this and you breaka my heart by cheating on me and posting here before replying to me.

I a canna say if I can a ever recover from a this tragedy! :_( :D

Nice to know that you do have end labels. Are they going to be available?

Thank-a youse!

Buck (<----going off to cry in his pizza with Mario and Luigi) :)