IGNORED

I got my CC2 today!! Am I the first?

bjk7382

Btw how are foreign orders being handled? Just wondering as I've not had an email yet... and I paid by Paypal fairly near the start of the ordering procedure.

(And I still have the dreaded customs forms fill out for all the international shipments and then standing at the post office for an hour or so while the postal clerk enters in everything for shipping.  Ugh.)

:ponder:

I am shipping out all remaining US orders today. International orders will ship next. As mentioned previously it's a little more involved.

I have most of them packed, but none of the address labels or customs forms have been filled out yet. My experience is that it is really slow to ship a bulk of international packages at the USPS. An hour is quite possibly conservative. Since the USPS is only open during my day job's normal working hours I'm not sure I can take the time to ship out the interational packages until this Saturday.

Chad

When someone comes up with the definitive set of Roms and gets them all working would it be possible to burn a cd image (like disc juggler) and post the image?  Then the image could be downloaded, burned to a back up cd, and then copied directly to the CC2.

Bill

What about this? I haven't gotten my CC2 yet (I paid via Paypal), but I'm sure someone already has the complete set of roms with all of the homebrews and such already compiled with the menu generator for the 2600 and 7800. How big is this image? Can we get it hosted somewhere?

Jim

Woohoo, I received mine Monday, but had to wait for my card and reader to show up. (Compugeeks 9 dollar reader and 64meg 16 dollar card) They finally arrived yesterday and last evening I set it all up. after an initial scare of the cart not finding the menu text file; a quick reformat to plain old FAT solved it. This product delivers all I could have ever wanted in a cart. Thank you Chad for revisiting this project and making what I believe to be the Ultimate Atari cart. :)

Fred

P.S. Any word of the ultimate ROM image out there? I know I'm missing a few. :P

I would upload an image, if someone wants to host it.

It probly still isn't a good idea to include activision or other roms the AA database doesn't have.

I am guessing, but all the 2600 & 7800 rom files with the CC2 data files is well under 10Mb.

The properties on my MMC says it is 13.7MB, and that is with most every game and hundred or so hacks. It would be pretty easy for someone to host if it doesn't have any roms in it that would get them in trouble.

I'm a bit annoyed that there hasn't been an Atari 2600 flood in alt.binaries.emulators.misc in a month or so. (Or at least long enough that it's already purged off of GigaNews.)

I was able to download a 5200 and 7800 flood, but I already had everything in the 7800 flood, and I'm not doing anything 5200 right now.

Woohoo! Got mine today! Thanks Chad! Now I just gotta wait another week to get my MMC card in the mail!

One thing I was wondering: Why use a CD when a floppy would have held all the CC2 files? I just hate to see 699 megs go to waste!  ;)

Not all of us have floppies on our computers anymore. :-)

One thing I was wondering: Why use a CD when a floppy would have held all the CC2 files? I just hate to see 699 megs go to waste!  ;)

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you're in the minority. ;-)

Besides, floppy drives cost about $5. I was hoping that the LS-120 would supplant them, but they never did. What a fiasco that was... :ponder:

Woohoo! Got mine today! Thanks Chad! Now I just gotta wait another week to get my MMC card in the mail!

You know maybe he should have used a MMC to put this stuff on :D

I think CD's are cheaper then a floppy now a-days and in my experience lately floppies only seem to work half of the time! Well that could just be me.

BTW: my CD's case was broke on arrival but the CD survived. :)

I went to Sam's Club yesterday hoping to find MMC's, but apparently they don't carry them any more. :(

Ya, the only ones I found (for instant gradification) where:

$40 64M

$60 128M

Are you going to do what Chad said:

A quick search on Google for "32MB MMC price" turned up several for less than $20.00 on the first page.  

The top link on this page lists on for $15.00 shipped.  Never used the brand, never heard of this site or the one that they point to, so this IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT.

http://dealram.com/prices/26/32MB.html

Chad

and then wait?

As of today, all CC2s (both international and domestic) have been shipped.  So it shouldn't be too long until everyone receives theirs.

Chad

Are you going to get some sleep now? (Besides work that is)

Anyway thank you very much for your hard work.

http://www.midthumbrc.com/cc2/

This is my webspace, so the files are not going anywhere.

I posted a CD-ROM ISO file of whats on my MMC card. I also posted a zip file too. All the files are exactly as they are on my CC2 setup. Just unzip the files directly to your MMC card. The ISO is for whoever wants to burn them to a CD. I am sure I dont have all the Atari Roms out there, but I have enough to get anyone started.

I did download the "Atari goodset" file which is every single Atari 2600 & 7800 rom file ever created (hacks and all) but unfortunatly they are all in a26 & a78 format which is useless on the CC2. If anyone knows how to convert them to BIN files, feel free to let me know.

The Good2600 roms that I found the other day were all .a26, but they had no header like the .a78 files do. On the other hand, a lot of them them weren't listed in the pack-in CC2ROMDB.TXT. I downloaded a bigger CC2ROMDB.TXT that someone posted the other day (in the "controller type in CC2 menu" thread), and it recognized over a thousand more of them (mostly PAL).

As for the 7800 ROMs, you have to go to http://www.atari7800.org/bin.htm and download the binary versions from there.