IGNORED

OFFICIAL - FB2 IN CANADA!

Yes folks! Tonight was an amazing night... finally after such a long wait... The Atari Flashback 2.0 is in CANADA! Winnipeg to be exact.. saw them sitting at Zellers! Gotta love the big Z!

Sid... you'll be happy to know that they aren't at Wal-Mart! These Zellers units should be Rev B's! I'll have to fire it up and try it out. Until then, everyone in Canada can now sleep sound knowing they can be found at Zellers! :D

So the question becomes is the flashback 2 pirated. ;)

955705[/snapback]

I hope so ...lol.. I can't wait play Spider Maze, I mean Inca Gold on my Lellers Fb2 :) They open at 8am and I swear to God they better have them here in Ontario.

Birdie3\Pat did you see any of them yet in K-town? I might drive up to K-Town tommorow anyway to go see "Saw 2" at the theatre but to get a FB2 would be even better.

...I've heard mumblings that the 2.0 has shipped, looking at Electronics Boutique for it...I'm on the phone now with Zellers to see if it's out....

..on a side note, I just picked up the newly realeased TAITO LEGENDS for the PS2...GREAT games, recreated well as far as I can tell!!...Rastan!!..Bubble Bobble!!...it's holding me off for now....2.0 can't be long!!!

Any extra DVD stuff? Here's the list from amazon:

Taito Legends collects 36 classic arcade titles, from a company that dominated in the 80s and early 90s. Not only will you have a complete arcade on your PS2, but you'll get to explore their development -- watch interviews, study development artwork and even sales flyers & arcade cabinet art! The classics include: Operation Thunderbolt Phoenix Space Invaders II Colony 7 Electric Yoyo Zoo Keeper Elevator Action Great Swordsman Sea Fighter Poseidon Gladiator Scramble Formation Exzisus Plump Pop Rastan Super Qix New Zealand Battle Shark Continental Circus Plotting (aka Flipull) Volfied Aqua Jack Ninja Kids Space Gun Thunderfox Double Axle Dungeon Magic Rayforce Tube It Bubble Symphony Darius Gaiden Pop n Pop

How's Phoenix? What was the price here in Canada?

Sid.. just played some Quadrun and it has the voice! Now I need to read the instructions as I had no clue how to play that game!

Overall I like the system and look forward to playing more of the games (The wife and I had a round of Pong.. pretty fun with Joysticks... need paddles though!)

So, is that it, gang? If it has Quadrun is it totally revised? Are there any serial numbers on the box for us to check?

How does Manitoba beat Ontario?

Hee hee    ;)

956256[/snapback]

I want to know, cause there is still no FB2 in my neck of the woods. I checked EVERY store in my city that is "suposed" to carry them and they all say "What's an ATARI" or just don't know a damn thing about the product at all.

SidCrowe, not to hijack a thread, but about about Taito...it's DAMN good!...and all the games play the way I remember. As far as the bonus stuff, interviews, very lacking, but better than nothing....at least they stayed true to the games!...again, the last time I played Rastan was almost 17 years ago, so I'm a bit shady...sound is right on!...there are a couple notable missing, but oh well, hopefully in a future version...the games are great, the bonus stuff is weak, but a ton of games.

Also check out Capcom Classics, great stuff!..with more little historical bits on the games than Taito, but Street Fighter has some minor changes (most likely due to the fact they want you to shell out the 30 bux for the Street Fighter collection)...but overall great...some missing too, like Sidearms and Black Tiger.

I''m going ape over all these games from my youth!...with the FB2, after the mods, the fams getting in on it to!...this Christmas is gonna be awesome.

PS..it's a shame, I know, I never played Phoenix in the arcade, but other than the somewhat annoying sounds of droning birds, I thought it was good for what it was...quite difficult after the first round...hmmm....those big birds are damn tough!...and they dive bomb you like hell!...while playing it I imagined what was better, this or the atari vcs version!...Taito also included Jungle Hunt, which I assume is very close to the arcade...all I go by is gameplay. If the colors or sounds are off a bit, I'm not going to notice, but when they cheap out on 'gameplay' I pick it up right away...which is why, regretably, I'm staying away from the Midway Classic series..even though theres a lot of great games I WISH they just did right....Ihear they didn't.

Edited by atarilovesyou

Hmmm....I thought Midway did do a good job.....which games were bad with Midway?

Seems like the Taito collection is great, even if you didn't play Phoenix that much. I played it a LOT!

Is Curt out there? Anything on the box to tell us we're getting a revision:? :? :? :?

I DO NOT want to buy a buggy unit :P

Will try to get to Zellers tomorrow...lots of errands to run :/

THE CANADIANS ARE GETTIN' WORKED UP, BABY!

(but we promise not to make a mess or anything)

Edited by sidcrowe

Well last night I went back to Zellers to pick up a second unit for a Christmas present and I noticed they already moved them from the end cap shelf! I asked the 18 year old girl: "Do you the Atari Systems?" (Expecting her to look at me like a Deer in the Headlights...)

She was like.. yup! They had to move them as they weren't in the flyer (Possibly in next weeks flyer? Not Sure of this but that would be HUGE for Atari!) so she grabbed a unit from behind the counter and handed it to me! Whew! I thought they were pulled for some crazy reason!

Funny thing is how Manitoba beat out Ontario... it's a nice change! LOL! :)

Well last night I went back to Zellers to pick up a second unit for a Christmas present and I noticed they already moved them from the end cap shelf!  I asked the 18 year old girl: "Do you the Atari Systems?"  (Expecting her to look at me like a Deer in the Headlights...)

She was like.. yup!  They had to move them as they weren't in the flyer (Possibly in next weeks flyer?  Not Sure of this but that would be HUGE for Atari!) so she grabbed a unit from behind the counter and handed it to me!  Whew!  I thought they were pulled for some crazy reason!

Funny thing is how Manitoba beat out Ontario... it's a nice change!  LOL!  :)

956328[/snapback]

They are in Toronto area Zellers. Not sure about outside GTA

Typical...with so many errands and no car, I was 15 mins late for Zellers   >:(

Checked at Future Shop and Wal-Mart...nuthin.

I hope Zellers has it, and that I can get some more confirmation on the revision from you brave types    :)

956535[/snapback]

Still nothing In Eastern Ontario. I think Zellers has some kinda policy if they carry an item worth more than 19.99 than they can order it in for you ASAP as they should have it. I dunno. Anyhow, I went to Wal-Mart, Zellers, Blockbuster, Superstore and... EB games... :x

We just got an EB in my city this week and I tell ya :x They guy behind the counter was a total numb skull with no video game know how AT ALL. First off when I asked if they had any flashback 2's he started into his computer to try and look it up as a PS2 game!! I was like, "no. the ATARI FB2." and he proceeds to tell me it's not out yet and blah, blah, blah so I put him in hos place and told him I know for a fact its out and has been for a while and I also know there are other stores that have it in the neighbouring city's 2 hours away. He tell's me his computer has no release date yet for the FB2 and he spoke to "Gord, Head of Atari in Canada" and "Gord" says it was not even in the counrty yet, The guy was full of shit up to his ears cause I doubt he even has the capasity to dial a phone let alone speak on it and make more sense then the previously noted "Blah, Blah, Blah". Man I hate it when people who sell games think that just becuase they sell some games they are God of the video game world. Losers.

End Rant.

P.S. I still want a FB2 :(

Edited by silver_surfer

Every other asshole in this country is named "Gord."

:x

This means Zellers in Barrie probably won't have it. FUCK :mad:

(pounds fist on computer desk-bowl of Kraft Dinner hits the carpet)

Tabernac!

Just stand back, folks...nuthin' here but angry Canadians :|

Edited by sidcrowe