IGNORED

OFFICIAL - FB2 IN CANADA!

Almost everybody got it now?

962046[/snapback]

Probably not: while I was buying mine, I noticed that several impulse buyers were actually picking up the FB1 ($5 differential!) despite the fact that the packages clearly show that the FB2 contains more original games and is a newer version of the product. Go figure...

...here's a general query...with the games like Save Mary, are these all previously released homebrews?..and can I find the instructions here with the rest?

...I'm having a hoot with Adventure!...I don't remember it being this tough, mind you I haven't played the original in years..the only version I've tried recently was the PS2 Atari Anthology...and FB2's version is much more intense!...

..once I get read up on the manuals, I'll be set. Save Mary seems interesting, and Climber is great too....runs a lot faster than on my GBA Activision Anthology!

I heard from an extremely reliable source that Amazon.ca has begun shipping its Flashback 2 orders. So if you ordered two units or more before the price went up, you get each FB2 for $30 Canadian each and free expedited shipping if you complained about the delays. Not too shabby a deal... :)

According to their flyer and website, Best Buy is starting to get FB2's in BC's Lower Mainland. They are confirmed to be at the Vancouver and New Westminster store. My guess is that they will start showing up soon at all the Canadian and US stores posted on the Atari website, just in time for Christmas. :)

I found one in Kingston tonight at Zellers.

Cool controllers. I unscrewed the sticks and played them like joypads.

I will post all of my thoughts once I have had a chance to play the entire selection. Not too impressed with the Asteroids hacks (duh - can we say: "Collision detection?"). Still.. Pretty cool so far.

YUP!!!  Amazon.ca is shipping .... $33.95  ... if you spend $39 or more you get free shipping.

http://atari.webhop.org/

963809[/snapback]

It's worth it, especially if you are buying an extra one for a gift or modding. You're paying less than the current retail price, and you don't have to drive all over the place to find one. Plus, Amazon.ca is shipping the rev.b version.

Cheers,

Tony

YUP!!!  Amazon.ca is shipping .... $33.95   ... if you spend $39 or more you get free shipping.

http://atari.webhop.org/

963809[/snapback]

It's worth it, especially if you are buying an extra one for a gift or modding. You're paying less than the current retail price, and you don't have to drive all over the place to find one. Plus, Amazon.ca is shipping the rev.b version.

Cheers,

Tony

963814[/snapback]

Futureshop now has them in stock at most stores and online. They are $39.99 with free shipping online.

My Flashback 2 Store Couch Story

I went to the Zellers at Brentwood Mall in Burnaby (just minutes from Vancouver) and searched for the FB2. I didn't find them in the toy section, so I wandered over and down to the electronics section. They had a whole stack of them along with Jakks plug 'n plays. I asked a sales clerk when he got them in and he said they received them about two weeks ago. Then he asked if I would like to try it out and pointed me over to a sofa in front of a TV with a FB2 set up to play.

How awesome is that???!!! It's been almost two decades since Zellers has sold 2600 mechandise (I don't know if they had the FB1, but everyone knows it's a NOAC so it doesn't count, anyways)! Usually stores have Playstations, XBoxes, or whatever set up to play. I can't remember ever getting a chance to play a 2600 in a store when I was younger because of all the huge line ups that were around back in the day when you could play them in stores. Much less sit on a comfortable couch (they never have couches in EB or Toys 'R Us)... And play your own game... :D

There's a bit more to this story. Later I went to the Oakridge Zellers and couldn't find a trace of a FB2. I spoke to a very nice sales clerk who informed me that this Zellers was smaller than others and they didn't carry more items like the Brentwood store did. So because of limited space, a store manager made the decision not to carry the FB2 in their inventory.

Conclusion: Zellers is very cool in Brentwood and the Oakridge manager sucks more than the mayor of Brockville! :lolblue:

Cheers,

Tony

the Oakridge manager sucks more than the mayor of Brockville!

Hmmmm.....that's quite a claim, there. We're talking about an enormous amount of sucking here :D

Y'know, Canada uniformly sucked, throughout all my little brat years, in regards to Atari. I remember those damn bilingual stickers smeared all over my nice Atari cardboard boxes...trying to get them off...ripping a nice new box.

Good heavens...I'm a geek :|

And Pac Man cost $70 too...at Zellers, I may add :x

Any Future Shops in Brockville?

965155[/snapback]

No Futureshop but we just got an EB games. Man they are idiots there. BUT they do have the FB2 as of last week!! Shitty thing is, I cannot buy it for myself cause I know for a fact I'm getting for my Birthday on DEC 4.

So let it be known Tecamp let the FB2 inside the City Limits!!

Any Future Shops in Brockville?

965155[/snapback]

No Futureshop but we just got an EB games. Man they are idiots there. BUT they do have the FB2 as of last week!! Shitty thing is, I cannot buy it for myself cause I know for a fact I'm getting for my Birthday on DEC 4.

So let it be known Tecamp let the FB2 inside the City Limits!!

970565[/snapback]

Finally!!! Brockville has 'em! Your birthday is a blessing and a curse (because you have to wait, not because you were born. ;) ). Your wait will be over, soon...

In other semi-related news, Richmond's (BC, not ON) Bridgeport FS had a few FB2's, Vancouver's Marine Drive Superstore has sold out, and couldn't find any in Surrey or Langley the other day. And no, I'm not just driving around looking for FB2 sightings - I had to take the wife around looking for scrapbook stores so I had some time to kill in the malls.