IGNORED

OFFICIAL - FB2 IN CANADA!

...I cry on the inside because I don't have my FB2 yet...sob.

I SHALL HAVE IT...and when I DO, well, that will truly be something.

958450[/snapback]

Wait untill you see what I'm doing with my FB2, Nothing short of amazing IMO. There will be pics, Oh.. There will be pics.

Update - FB 2.0's at Zellers and SuperStore in Winnipeg... still nothing at Wal-Mart :) 

Winnipeg 2,    Brockville .... no score.  LOL!

958707[/snapback]

Note to self: Only visit Winnipeg like previous holidays, in 2006 go straight to Winnipeg, enjoy the grey cup & dont bother asking which way to Brockville. :P

...FOR THE SWEET LOVE OF MERCILESS CRAP, IT'S HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRE...I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THAT CUTE CHICK AT EB AND SHE'S NOT LYING WHEN SHE SAYS THERE'S TWO OF THEM FOR 40 BUX AND I'M BUYING THEM BOTH AND I'M LEAVING RIGHT NOW TO GO GET THEM AND HERE I G---------

958870[/snapback]

Let us know when you get back and had a chance to play it! :)

Sweet Moses!...

...now I have it. I just picked up one, and after I decide how to mod it I'll pick up the other.

Funny enough, some guy noticed the lack of 'atari smell' once he busted it open...ha, I noticed the same thing!...remember that old new game smell?..ha!

The sticks felt right, but they seem to have a lot of throw in the axis. The fire button feels good!

I'll post a nice long review of sorts after I play it!

Damn, all the waiting is over!...it was kinda fun, actually!

Bring on version 3.0!!! Ha!

I haven't even plugged it in, just staring at it!..ha!

If you find yourself staring at it before try to get some sleep tonight & waking up just to look at it some more, then shoot me a pm because I have a cool dr online you need to talk with who specializes in helping us I mean those kind of people out ;)

Edited by ATARIeric

...ah, look at it there..in it's box....sitting there!

...man, this has gotta be a record or something!!!...tomorrow, I gotta get some sleep!

..ps, anybody notice..on the package, it's not called a Flashback 2.0...just a Flashback 2.

...they musta thought I was some super nerd asking for a 2.0 all the time...ha!...oh well...can't be cool all the time!

..ah, there it is!..ok, ok, I am actually a bit busy and I wanted to wait till I had the right amount of time set aside to use it...damn work and life!...

Do all the Canucks have it now? I'm losing track :?:

PONG, Adventure, Combat, Yar's, all getting well played...Halloween was HH and Return to HH with EXTRA SPOOKY ghosts :P

Lunar Lander: Bleccch :ponder:

Where's my ORIGINAL Asteroids (cotton candy version)? :sad:

Bah...still a great item :)

I picked one up tonight.. I think my wife was actually more excited about it than I was - she spent 5 minutes going over all the boxes to make sure we got the one that was in the best condition...

I haven't had a chance to hook it up though... hopefully over the weekend.

959956[/snapback]

Where aboots are ye in Ontario?

I had a real flashback the other night... I tried out Hangman (as I never had the cart back in the day) and lost 2 rounds and asked the wife if she'd like a try. She proceeded to get 9 in a row and said she had enough. Last time this happened, I offered her a paddle to play Circus Atari! (She's too good at Circus Atari!)

Some of the games in the FB 2 haven't been played yet and that's the best part! I'm too busy enjoying some of the other gameson it. This unit may keep my gaming in check until the new year! :)

I picked one up tonight.. I think my wife was actually more excited about it than I was - she spent 5 minutes going over all the boxes to make sure we got the one that was in the best condition...

I haven't had a chance to hook it up though... hopefully over the weekend.

959956[/snapback]

Where aboots are ye in Ontario?

959995[/snapback]

Right at the ass... Windsor.

King_Salamon : Funny...as I was writing a draft of my review, I noted Hangman as well, as I'd never had the cart either. I was going to suggest Circus Atari be included instead (awesome game).

"The games that defined a generation?" Not Hangman. Who chose these games?

Still a great item. Had another Adventure session last night. Those dragons are hilarious :)

..well, last night I plugged it in..played a bit!..talk about clear picture screens!

I liked the array of games but I'm defintely modding it.

Overall, great system!...although the only quipes would be..hmmm...guess I can't think of any legitimate ones!..I did return my first system though, one of the controllers had issues moving up!...oh well, now I get that whole OPEN THE SYSTEM AGAIN fun!...oh, yeah...that turning the power off to get back to the menu. That's a real pain from the couch!

Other than that, color me happy!

More chats in the future!...

..speaking of real flashbacks, I do believe I've had to return just about every 'first' system I've bought, even back in the NES days!...the second times always a charm!

Got mine yesterday, in T-Dot - Zellers - Lawrence Square mall. They had 12 or so on display when I nabbed mine.

Still no sign of them at any of the numerous Wal-Marts and Future Shops that I've checked out.

Eagerly awaiting my parents to dig all of my old carts out of the attic and ship them off to me, so I can give them a spin after I mod the FB2.

One question - do the joys follow the standard pinouts? I need to left-hand-mod one of them for the mrs.