IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

Well I did my first video of a package I sent out.

Am I being too precautious? I just thought it odd they never said anything back to my messages.

In this day and age, I'd say no, you are not being to cautious. While I've purchased hundreds of items off of eBay, I've never yet tried to sell a single item. It seems like too much hassle for what little I would make.

Looks like I'll have to add bonus41 to this list. FS thread;

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/267185-working-intellivision-3-parts/

Jumped on that and PayPal'd on 6/30, with a corresponding PM. Followed by 2 more PM's on 7/3 and 7/10 with no reply. Sent a couple follow up e-mails with no reply. Since PayPal Shows the name, Googled that and seen a handful of buyer bewares from 3 different forums. Also looked them up on facebook and 1 of their 3 accounts had activity from the first up to the 11th. Worst thing is I didn't think to see what type of PayPal payment I sent, which was family/friends. So it's a no go for dispute.

Worst thing is I didn't think to see what type of PayPal payment I sent, which was family/friends. So it's a no go for dispute.

If you paid with a credit card, rather than a Paypal balance or E-check, you can call your CC company and file a fraud charge.

I only use "Friends and Family" payments if know and trust the guy/gal I am sending it to.

Edited by atari181
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

ebay username of1974

Appears to be a crook from what I can dig up through the USPS beyond ebay. I shipped a $20.50 shipped item east to Maryland, the USPS stopped scanning it (I've had this happen plenty receiving before) and the guy opens a case immediately on that the day after he writes me. I call the USPS when the case gets escalated, they look into it and verify that they don't have it, and that it slipped the cracks and was moved on to destination but the postal worker did not scan it further than Baltimore. The guy then escalates the case a second time and clean me out of my money and game. Damn the USPS for not scanning it further or updating it after my call but they moved it, so now he's got cash and a dreamcast title.

Thieves piss me off.

ebay username of1974

Appears to be a crook from what I can dig up through the USPS beyond ebay. I shipped a $20.50 shipped item east to Maryland, the USPS stopped scanning it (I've had this happen plenty receiving before) and the guy opens a case immediately on that the day after he writes me. I call the USPS when the case gets escalated, they look into it and verify that they don't have it, and that it slipped the cracks and was moved on to destination but the postal worker did not scan it further than Baltimore. The guy then escalates the case a second time and clean me out of my money and game. Damn the USPS for not scanning it further or updating it after my call but they moved it, so now he's got cash and a dreamcast title.

Thieves piss me off.

Maybe he never actually got it? I've definitely not received items from USPS before. That's what insurance is for.

Given the USPS seems to think he did, but for some reason didn't scan it once it left the post office to go out to delivery, I really wouldn't know what to believe. I've had this happen a lot on ebay stuff I've bought so I'm leaning towards a freebie. I blocked the dude as he wasn't being reasonable in the first place.

• Like 1

If the tracking still shows not delivered, I think after 21 days you can open insurance claim on lost package. The post office will have to eat the loss and you should get most of the money back. If the game you sent is worth more than $50 and you didn't pay for extra coverage, you won't get the full amount.

USPS insurance is almost only good for lost package, otherwise it's like a scam. If the item arrived damaged, it'd be hard to prove they caused the damage and not due to improper packaging.

eeo003 has her 5200 power supply relisted as for part or not working. This generally makes return harder but if someone buys that and gets a different one, eBay money back should still apply for not matching picture and description.

Yeah that seller came to her senses and refunded me in full before I had to invoke the eBay Money Back Guarantee. She also didn't want the item back, so I trashed it, per the suggestion of the 5200 Forum that said the specs on it could seriously damage my 5200 console.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Honestly think Yurkie should be added. I was thinking of using him for an NES RGB modding, and very thankful I haven’t now.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/172279-yurkies-colecovision-mods-rgb-vga-and-hdmi-september-2017/

A similar problem w/Yurkie happened earlier this year and a thread (or post) was made. The mods decided it best to "clean up" the thread so now there is no documentation of it unless someone leaves feedback for him in the feedback section here. I suggest you leave feedback there for him.

This is not the first time I have heard of Yurkie failing to follow through on services he has collected funds for.

Wow, that's crazy. I figured in time the Yurkie bubble was going to explode and I'll tell you why. I live in NJ and he is in Ohio. Not far at all. I have had a few CV systems modded from him as well as controllers and every single time it took weeks (or months in some cases) to get the stuff back. What was worse is PMing me and telling me to pay because the work is done....and then after receiving payment not creating a shipping label for a week....and then not actually dropping it off to USPS for another two. I bit my lip on it, but I can say I was not happy about that one bit. No reason after payment these items couldn't have been shipped to me in the 1-2 business day range. Why do I expect that? Well, because that is what I provide to people I am sending things to myself. If for some reason I cannot, I immediately PM or email them and let them know there is a delay. I have a full time job, two kids, and loads of crap on my plate every second of my life. But I still have the five minutes to go drop something off at the post office (usually on my way racing to work).

Anyway, I have no place to complain now as I didn't complain then... but I just wanted to add my input on Yurkie. That said, I will say that he does incredibly great work and in the end it always did (at least for me) come through even with the slow communication and extremely slow shipping. I don't know what he has going on with his life and I do not believe he is intentionally trying to screw people, but if you are providing a service and charging for that service you should be prompt and efficient at doing so.

That's all I have to say about that.

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 7

I don't know what he has going on with his life and I do not believe he is intentionally trying to screw people, but if you are providing a service and charging for that service you should be prompt and efficient at doing so.

That's all I have to say about that.

Or at least keep communicating with his clients regarding the delays so they at least know he is in their thoughts and hasn't forgotten about them.

I suggest everyone block this worthless buyer. I sold her an nes w/new pin connector in November. She claims the day after xmas it doesn't work and was a gift. I know that's BS. I agree to have it sent back because it's ebay and I know I have NO other choice. It comes in a big huge portable keyboard bench box with EVERYTHING sliding around. Luckily she had used my bubble wrap and tossed the system back in it but the 8 games and everything else were just flopping around. Mario 2 has rattling inside. I basically told her to f-off w/out saying that.

I gave her the refund even though she is scum and doesn't deserve a penny. I plugged the system in popped Mario 2 in and after I moved the channel select BACK to channel 3 it played instantly first time. Mario 3 played as well, I did need to swipe that one again but it was playing. She claimed she tried every game and not a single game would play.

I will only be out $9 for shipping after I get refunded for ebay fees but I shouldn't be out anything. I hate selling on ebay, all it is full of is scummy selfish inconsiderate assholes.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/37844891?_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2754

• Like 3

I suggest everyone block this worthless buyer. I sold her an nes w/new pin connector in November. She claims the day after xmas it doesn't work and was a gift. I know that's BS. I agree to have it sent back because it's ebay and I know I have NO other choice. It comes in a big huge portable keyboard bench box with EVERYTHING sliding around. Luckily she had used my bubble wrap and tossed the system back in it but the 8 games and everything else were just flopping around. Mario 2 has rattling inside. I basically told her to f-off w/out saying that.

I gave her the refund even though she is scum and doesn't deserve a penny. I plugged the system in popped Mario 2 in and after I moved the channel select BACK to channel 3 it played instantly first time. Mario 3 played as well, I did need to swipe that one again but it was playing. She claimed she tried every game and not a single game would play.

I will only be out $9 for shipping after I get refunded for ebay fees but I shouldn't be out anything. I hate selling on ebay, all it is full of is scummy selfish inconsiderate assholes.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/37844891?_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2754

They are no longer registered...so...that was quick!

They are no longer registered...so...that was quick!

"Based in United States, 37844891 has been an eBay member since Sep 19, 2008"

Hmmm they look registered to me. I know she was really mad at me for telling her she was selfish and didn't care about other people's stuff. Maybe she cancelled her account and then changed her mind.

I should as well note she opened a case against me immediately before even contacting me which put like $135 on hold. That really irritates me when people do that. Then her packaging of the return just about had me blowing a gasket lol. I'm over it now but man when I seen that box yesterday and heard everything clanging around each other I was pissed.

"Based in United States, 37844891 has been an eBay member since Sep 19, 2008"

Hmmm they look registered to me. I know she was really mad at me for telling her she was selfish and didn't care about other people's stuff. Maybe she cancelled her account and then changed her mind.

Click on their actual profile name to see feedback and you get this...

post-6-0-09322300-1515182302_thumb.jpg

So a bug in their profile or...maybe they aren't currently registered... not sure.

• 2 months later...

In the interests of defusing an already "strained" situation - which is currently being actively resolved - I have removed my original post which was here.

Wishing you all only fair and happy, buying and selling trading experiences.

Best wishes.

Baz

Edited by baz67

I am adding a scumbag Mother Chicken FROM eBay.

The listing in question is

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Apollo-Lochjaw-Atari-2600-Complete-in-Box-CIB-Rare/273130775919?epid=56235875&hash=item3f97dce56f:g:4q0AAOSwbc5aup4r

His user ID on Ebay is blorpmcgorp

His Real name is either Scott Curtis or Evan Scott Curtis from Schenectady New York.

His email is Evanscottcurtis@gmail.com

I was very excited to see this listing for Lochjaw Complete in Box with a Buy It Now of $1500. I was so excited that I broke my collecting rule and purchased it on a credit card, paying immediately. The seller issues me a tracking number within minutes. The Box wasn't perfect, but I was very happy to finally get this box.

A couple hours later I receive a message that he received an offer of $2000 after the listing ended and I had paid. He said "he wants to honor the listing, but $500 is a lot of money. Can you match the offer and send another $500."

I probably would have paid 2K for it, however, I don't play this bullshit game. I message him telling him he needed to honor the deal we had.

To no avail I receive a message today saying he was sorry and he was taking the side deal.

The person who contacted him after the sale is a piece of SHIT and so is he. Please buy nothing from him.

Edited by atari181
  • Like 1