IGNORED

7800 Pac-Man collection here!

PacManPlus

NOOOOO!!!!!!

I found a bug!!!!

:_( :mad:

Ever since I included the 'missing row', check out what happens to the bouncing fruit in the ms pac-man variations. It never leaves. It also seems to take different routes than it's supposed to. :(

Looks like I know that I'm doing tonight...

damn.

NOOOOO!!!!!!

I found a bug!!!!

:_( :mad:

Ever since I included the 'missing row', check out what happens to the bouncing fruit in the ms pac-man variations. It never leaves. It also seems to take different routes than it's supposed to. :(

Looks like I know that I'm doing tonight...

damn.

Sorry Pacmanplus. It's still a fantastic game. I can't wait for more.

Allan

Thanks Allan :)

OK :(

Here is version .5 (I'm *really* hoping it's final)

Changed:

1) Bouncing fruit now acts correctly, and leaves when it's supposed to.

2) Fixed the bug Dauber found - in 'Plus' Mode (or in Hangly Man), if you die while the board is invisible, it stayed invisible for the beginning of the next life.

3) (Just for kicks) Added a 'Ms. Pac-Man' version of 'Random Mazes' (now there's 8 games! - it bugged me that there wasn't an even number of games... OCD strikes again :P ). It's odd seeing the fruit bounce around the Pac-Man maze :ponder: :arrow: :D

Bob

PACCOLL.ZIP

Edited by PacManPlus

Great work, Bob! Funny that I didn't notice this thread until now!

I do have a question though, (forgive me if it's been asked already, I haven't read the entire thread.)

Are the random mazes truly randomized by the system, or are they already created and just appear in a random order?

Oh, and can you make it so Ms. Pac-Man can play in the original Pac-Man maze? :D

Edited by Gregory DG

Thanks! :)

In Random Maze mode, the 7800 randomly (as random as the 7800 can get :ponder:) picks 1 of the 17 mazes available in the game before each level.

So to answer your question, if you are playing the 'Ms. Pac-Man' version of Random Mazes that I just added, you can actually get the standard Pac-Man maze. :)

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus

Changed:

2) Fixed the bug Dauber found - in 'Plus' Mode (or in Hangly Man), if you die while the board is invisible, it stayed invisible for the beginning of the next life.

3) (Just for kicks) Added a 'Ms. Pac-Man' version of 'Random Mazes' (now there's 8 games! - it bugged me that there wasn't an even number of games... OCD strikes again :P ). It's odd seeing the fruit bounce around the Pac-Man maze :ponder: :arrow: :D

Bob

Now there's 8 games... and still another reason for Atariboy to have to change the box text! ;)

This is going to be one awesome cart... when it comes... soon I hope... :ponder:

EDIT: OK, I just tried Ms Pac on random mazes a few times, looking to see Ms Pac in Mr's maze, with no luck.

But I did see something that seemed strange.

I got a blue maze that had three exits on the left, three on the right, one on the top and one on the bottom. And all the walls inside the maze were invisible.

Is that a maze that is supposed to be that way??? Or is it a bug?

Edited by Brian R.

Changed:

Bob

Now there's 8 games... and still another reason for Atariboy to have to change the box text! ;)

This is going to be one awesome cart... when it comes... soon I hope... :ponder:

EDIT: OK, I just tried Ms Pac on random mazes a few times, looking to see Ms Pac in Mr's maze, with no luck.

I got a blue maze that had three exits on the left, three on the right, one on the top and one on the bottom. And all the walls inside the maze were invisible.

8 games??? Man if this keeps up we may had to wait till Jr Pac-Man and Super Pac-Man :cool:

:cool:

Yep, that's one of the mazes (it's the second maze for Hangly-Man... Try starting the Hangly-Man variation on the 'Orange' Level) ;)

BTW, that maze is not actually 'invisible' - it really has no inner walls! The monsters still follow a pre-defined maze, but the player can go anywhere there isn't a visible wall!

(I'm guessing you never played the 'Hangly-Man' bootleg back in the day) ;)

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus

Hi Guys:

Here is the manual for the game.

I used Atariboy's images for the fron and rear cover. I fit most of the text on the inside two pages, so I couldn't use any of the other images.

Enjoy!

Also, there will be one more post with an additional 4 mazes (courtesy of Champ Games) ;) that will be unique to the Random Maze variations only. I had to take some liberties with the energizer placement, as they have to line up in the same column and row (the versions I copied from were not always like that). I also had to change one maze layout slightly (too many side doors). This will make 21 mazes available to the game.

Bob

PacMan_Collection.zip

Edited by PacManPlus

Ok -

Found an issue with the High Score Cart - here is the 'final' bin :ponder:

@Baksama - I did not use any mazes from the NES; they are all from an arcade board, except for the 4 new mazes I just added in. Those new mazes are from Champ Games "Ms. Pac-Em" (coutesy JohnnyWC)

@Brian - No problem:

(BTW, yes there are 'dead ends' inthe third maze - makes for a very tough rack. The monsters actually go through the walls around to the other side.)

PACCOLL.ZIP

post-1787-1163131067_thumb.png

post-1787-1163131074_thumb.png

post-1787-1163131079_thumb.png

post-1787-1163131087_thumb.png

Edited by PacManPlus

Love the new mazes, Bob!

One thing, though...the first maze in your most recent post....if you eat any monsters near the power pill on the upper-left, the eyes just run around that little elongated "7" and never go back to the hide-out...is that intentional?? That could actually be an interesting strategy!

Love the new mazes, Bob!

One thing, though...the first maze in your most recent post....if you eat any monsters near the power pill on the upper-left, the eyes just run around that little elongated "7" and never go back to the hide-out...is that intentional?? That could actually be an interesting strategy!

I've seen hacked mazes for the arcade game that do the same thing. If managed to eat all the ghosts in that maze, it becames very easy since you don't have worry about dying. The only downside is that you can't rack up alot points unless you somehow die.

@Bob

I asked about the NES mazes because the many of the mazes in the NES version of Ms. Pac-Man do look the news mazes in your hack.

@Dauber - Thanks :) I noticed that too about the eyes on that maze... It couldn't be helped. So, yes, that could be a strategy :twisted:

BTW on that same board, you'll notice that the fruit comes in 'through the wall' when it's picked to come in from one of the bottom tunnels. I had to do that, because it would get 'stuck' inside the maze when trying to leave through one of those same bottom tunnels.

@Baksama - It's funny, I was actually thinking of trying to add some of the NES mazes at one point, but I decided against it. :) Thanks! :)

Okay, that's actually pretty cool. Now, HOW DO I GET THE @!#% CART?!!? :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

(Seriously, every year I buy myself an expensive Christmas present...that's going to be this year's. I know, it's not exactly expensive, but 1) money is really tight right now, and 2) whatever the price is, it's definitely worth a huge bundle more.)