IGNORED

7800 Pac-Man collection here!

PacManPlus

Okay....now to be a bring-down...

I'm noticing that if you use the "Plus" variations, if you die when the maze is invisible, the maze STAYS invisible when your next life comes up, and stays that way until the "power" time runs out...know what I mean???

Or is this the way the arcade version works too?

Hey why not print it in full wide format printer (19 x 13) on a sticker sheet you use on the cart labels and then cut a poster paper on that size and past it on the paper borad and then cut it and shape it?

I think that may be a little too much work. :(

@Dauber: Oh man. I was playing it so much to make sure there were no bugs in this game. I'm not actually sure what happens in that instance (I'd have to try it in MAME), but I'm fairly certain that the maze would come back after you die. :(

Thanks guys.

Edited by PacManPlus

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the boxes are a go. :( Nobody thinks anyone will take it on because of the 'Pac-Man' logo. This is such a shame - all this good artwork...

Have you talked to opcode about it? Seing as he was able to make his CV boxes in Brazil, perhaps he can hook you up with the printer company he does business with. Or maybe not. It's just a thought anyway...

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the boxes are a go. :( Nobody thinks anyone will take it on because of the 'Pac-Man' logo. This is such a shame - all this good artwork...

Have you talked to opcode about it? Seing as he was able to make his CV boxes in Brazil, perhaps he can hook you up with the printer company he does business with. Or maybe not. It's just a thought anyway...

CPUWIZ has been posting pics of custom boxes recently as well.

CPUWIZ has been posting pics of custom boxes recently as well.

They do look great, but I assume they are one-off boxes that are pretty time consuming to produce. I've toyed with the idea of making boxes in this fashion, but it simply takes too much time and the results are not consistent from box to box (depending on how much time you are willing to spend on each box). For small runs this would be okay, but even then, when you compare boxes of this nature to commercially printed boxes on chipboard paper stock, they don't measure up.

..Al

They do look great, but I assume they are one-off boxes that are pretty time consuming to produce.

Yep, that's why they are a bit on the expensive side.

when you compare boxes of this nature to commercially printed boxes on chipboard paper stock, they don't measure up.

..Al

You've obviously not had one of these in your hands. :P

Alligator.jpg

ColecoBoxes.jpg

SecretAgentBox.jpg

They do look great, but I assume they are one-off boxes that are pretty time consuming to produce.

Yep, that's why they are a bit on the expensive side.

when you compare boxes of this nature to commercially printed boxes on chipboard paper stock, they don't measure up.

..Al

You've obviously not had one of these in your hands. :P

WOW now I really want some one who made thouse to make me a box :lust:

I'll just chime in to say that while a box is a nice idea, I certainly don't see it as a necessity. I'd rather go without a box and pay less for the cartridge. Scrap the box if it means delaying the cart or not getting it at all. It's the cart - with a nice label - that I'm after.

I've been happy with the carts I've bought from the AA store, and none have come with boxes. I don't know how much more a box would add to that cost. I wouldn't want the added cost of a box to push up the cost of a game to the point where I wouldn't buy it.

My priority: cartridge - label - manual - box.

Which makes me think... if not a box for this, why not a manual instead? Especially with all the variations in this one.

Edited by Brian R.

Hey here s more UPDATE on the two box art this time re-type the four bulet pionts and added the frutes and can soda^_^

A couple text corrections:

In the third graph beginning with "Options," change "makes" to "make." Make is correct: Options... make...

In the bullets, remove the comma after "For one or two players." And I don't think "Atari" needs to be all-caps in the last one.

In the fine print... "Atari, the Atari logo, and 7800 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Atari Corporation." Missing a "the," fix spelling of "Corporation."

Or it could be changed to match what I see on the back of my 7800 Ms. Pac-Man manual: "ATARI is a registered trademark and 7800 is a trademark of Atari Corporation."

A couple fixes in this line: "* Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man and characters are trademarks of Bally Midway Mfg. Co., sublicensed to Atari Corporation by Namco-America Inc."

"Reprogrammed by PacManPlus. Box art and label by Atariboy2600. Text edited by Brian R."

UPDATED the box art with wwhat you told me to fix^_^

post-5587-1162850239_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1162850356_thumb.jpg

I'll just chime in to say that while a box is a nice idea, I certainly don't see it as a necessity. I'd rather go without a box and pay less for the cartridge. Scrap the box if it means delaying the cart or not getting it at all. It's the cart - with a nice label - that I'm after.

I've been happy with the carts I've bought from the AA store, and none have come with boxes. I don't know how much more a box would add to that cost. I wouldn't want the added cost of a box to push up the cost of a game to the point where I wouldn't buy it.

My priority: cartridge - label - manual - box.

Which makes me think... if not a box for this, why not a manual instead? Especially with all the variations in this one.

I think a manual goes without saying. :) Boxes will add, at minimum, $5 - $10 to the price of each game depending on how they are produced. You can do them a little cheaper with VHS cases and inserts, but if you want nice, printed chipboard style boxes, those don't come cheap.

..Al

Yeah...but still using the less accurate color screenshots for Hangly Man and Pac-Man Plus :(

Last time, I will mention it...honest.

Any chance you'll update the screenshots with the ones I posted before?

Here's the link to the post I made earlier:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...5298&st=105

-Trebor

Yeah...but still using the less accurate color screenshots for Hangly Man and Pac-Man Plus :(

Last time, I will mention it...honest.

Any chance you'll update the screenshots with the ones I posted before?

Here's the link to the post I made earlier:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...5298&st=105

-Trebor

Okay Ill try them