IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

I nearly went for that one, but would have missed the rgb input. Good buy.

I'm waiting for my NTSC 800 to arrive from the states too. It's due tomorrow according to the tracking details. :)

Just bought an NTSC 800 to play with. Probably going to convert it to PAL, add Incognito, possible try the Peritel adaptor on it too

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fitm%2F261135222485%3FssPageName%3DSTRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT%26_trksid%3Dp3984.m1497.l2649

oh, and a boxed Fatal Run for the 7800, and a Red label Ballblazer cart for the 7800, but that will probably be converted into Pac Man collection Pokey :)

Well the 800 arrived today, the bottom case half is smashed to pieces. Seller just threw it in a box with a couple of pieces of screwed up paper for protection. Let's see what happens now. :x

Wow. I was going to bid on that. Sorry to hear about it getting smashed. Atari 800s are going for insane prices now and that was a good deal. I can't believe people are so stupid to think you can throw a heavy but delicate item in a box and think nothing is going to happen to it while it is shipped across the world/country.

Allan

I should get my A800 anyday now, fingers crossed i dont suffer this sloppy standard of packaging.

Im not sure what you can do in these instances with ebay - negative feedback sometimes doesnt dent the surface where there are thousands of positives.

Im not sure but perhaps paypal or creditcard tranactions automatically insures for this type of thing? this may be worth persuing,

I should get my A800 anyday now, fingers crossed i dont suffer this sloppy standard of packaging.

Im not sure what you can do in these instances with ebay - negative feedback sometimes doesnt dent the surface where there are thousands of positives.

Im not sure but perhaps paypal or creditcard tranactions automatically insures for this type of thing? this may be worth persuing,

Reminds me when I bought my last 1084S from Airey36 (UK) on eBay: he charged 18GBP for insured carriage, and the monitor turned up indisputably poorly packed and with the bezel smashed in. When I showed him, he said that claiming from the courier was such a long-winded pain, it simply wasn't worth the trouble. I asked why he made such a big deal about using an expensive insured courier in his ads, then... I think I got half the total cost back, anyway, out of his own pocket (monitor was only a tenner IIRC... I'm sure the sale price is sometimes inexorably linked to the amount of bubble-wrap used).

Nice condition, boxed XM301, complete with 2 extra long, old-fashioned coil cords.

Near mint BC's Quest for Tires. Now, if I had only been fortunate enough to buy one that worked in an Atari, I'd be really happy. Duh!

I put in my first bid of $.99 when the guy had just removed the main picture (possibly preparing to post a better quality one) -- since that locks revising any part of the auction -- hoping that it'd go unseen and I'd get it really cheap. Unfortunately I hadn't noticed that he also had changed the title. It must have had both Atari and Commodore in it before (reference many Commodore and ColecoVision cart auctions that throw Atari in their titles to widen their audience), otherwise it would have never come up in my initial search. I noticed what happened right after the auction ended.

Edited by MrFish

I got a note back from the seller on this one!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2511949541911?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=251194954191&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Just to let you know whom the family is [Me] this came out of an estate of a Walt Disney Relative, Walts sister Ruth had a son named Ted, I am not sure if this was Teds computer or his wife Carolyns, as Carolyn recently passed and I believe Ted had already passed previously, at the estate there was alot of stuff of Teds as well as Carolyns. So as to which one used the computer it may have been both, probably was not used by Ruth, Walts sister and Teds mother but there may be some interesting stuff on it as I ended up with a nice pile of Disney family related things, documents, letters, photos, ect. So good luck with what you may find on it at least its one atari with an interesting history behind it.

so what was the MOD on the Atari all about!!!!?????? oh Warnerbrothers SOLD ATARI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PUN

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2211509709661?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=221150970966&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Everything worked.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1509288279451?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=150928827945&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Had to wd40 the spin mechanism. worked afterwards.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1609050121291?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=160905012129&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Had to wd40 the spin mechanism. worked afterwards. Cleaned all the shit (or should I be saying stuff?) you see there. Looks new now.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3209988421451?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320998842145&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Needed these for the Hard Drives

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2308339921121?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230833992112&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Needed these for the Hard Drives

there is a better way to make shure Atari 800/400 drives 5¼ drives load every time you have to remove the whole entire case and run bare this is hard to do but i use a rubbermade cover BLUE works great as i get less static from the rubbery ones than the green snapy brittle ones anyway get a 1 gallon or more tote rubbermade cover to use as table then once you have it all apart but working w out covers get the Frogger image look in my atari christmas card images off here from google type atari chrstmas images then find frogger or ill send it it seems to be the best file for loading and the hardyest load file i have it always loads then there is a allen screw adjustment on the stepper motor head to the metal ribbon that moves the head back and forth now if its pushing against youre hand it wants to got the opposite way its pushing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is what i fugured out this stands true for 3½ drives too!!! GOOD LUCK and dont get WD40 on the head if you smack heads together by mistake just hook nother drive up get it ready to format and swap to this drive and get a floppy that is expendible and let it try oto format it then eject it then reboot and use normal frogger autoload.sys type disk to fix it it should work... I dont know mutch about demagnitizing heads but I know it works for cassettes and a floppy is nothing more than a round cassette disk whell ATARI SPEAKING anyway as atari addresses there floppys like a cassette head using that weird sound !!! its cool that the sound has a lot to do with atari files.. you can HEAR it load!!!! once i kept hearing it go chraggghnt many times trying to load a certian spot on frogger disk and i used my new drive to load and it worked so the bad one kept farting realy loud i felt it trying to go farther twords my hand at the end and i was like crock pushed it back in and it went beep and loaded more i kept pushing it against it self untill my brain said oh adjustment time i just powered it down w the door open and held the stepper motor so it could not MOVE and just adjusted it 1/2 of a 1/2 of a centimeter the way it didnt want to go and tightened the screw on the stepper motor head pin allen screw after adjusting it if it pushes out move it back in a super small amount . then try to load I donot suggest doing what i did and trying to load using youre hand to move the head it works but is really hard and you can get lost.. this is why you want to do it in 16th of an inch increments WHELL OK stepper motor detents are only what you have to worry about its not that mutch adjustment remember to write down and mark adjustment w marker and write down the direction you move it so when if you screw up you can back track youre work I find it easy to adjust drive..

REMEMEBER after loading file always open door to remove head from disc cause if you power off it will write damage to disk this is a flaw in Atari Drives and most 5¼ drives 8 inch drives did not have this problem as every time it was done reading it would back off the heads to keep from losing data!! this is a GOOD thing we had Atari and altair at the same time..

well, that went better than expected, reached a good agreement with the seller

:thumbsup:

I have an atari 800 minty condition but the keyboard has stickers on it showing the control graphics I dont care I just want a 48k 400 module then ill be sufficed w my atari hardware if you have a 48k 400 let me know mabie we could trade ..

I have an atari 800 minty condition but the keyboard has stickers on it showing the control graphics I dont care I just want a 48k 400 module then ill be sufficed w my atari hardware if you have a 48k 400 let me know mabie we could trade ..

Sorry no 400, but I could send you a 48k upgrade