IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Nice condition, boxed XM301, complete with 2 extra long, old-fashioned coil cords.

Near mint BC's Quest for Tires. Now, if I had only been fortunate enough to buy one that worked in an Atari, I'd be really happy. Duh!

I put in my first bid of $.99 when the guy had just removed the main picture (possibly preparing to post a better quality one) -- since that locks revising any part of the auction -- hoping that it'd go unseen and I'd get it really cheap. Unfortunately I hadn't noticed that he also had changed the title. It must have had both Atari and Commodore in it before (reference many Commodore and ColecoVision cart auctions that throw Atari in their titles to widen their audience), otherwise it would have never come up in my initial search. I noticed what happened right after the auction ended.

Awesome price on that XM301

and I'm sure we have all at one time purchased a cart for the wrong machine :D

Awesome price on that XM301

and I'm sure we have all at one time purchased a cart for the wrong machine :D

Yea, the XM301 is like new. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it yet.

It's the first cart I've mistakenly purchased, but at least it was only $5. I should be able to resell it easy enough, or maybe I'll leave it on my computer desk as a reminder to read the titles thoroughly. ;)

I have a coleco Beamrider knocking about that I did that with...

I use my XM301s for case mods

I wouldn't mind owning a Coleco or a C64, but I only have enough space to accommodate one system setup at any one time, and that has to be an Atari.

I was thinking of putting some type of SD/CF or SIO2PC device inside the XM301. The AtariMax SIO2PC Dual-Port USB version fits exactly if it's pushed over to the far left or far right side of the case with the USB port sticking out of the side, but would only use up about 1/3 of the space. Anyway, I'm too busy trying to get rid of most of my excess inventory now, so I've got plenty of time to think about it.

Edited by MrFish

And then there are the sellers that just piss me off. Talk about deceptive advertising - the ad shows boxes but none are included - the actual disks are not pictured so I can only assume they are all copies. Someone is going to bid on this without reading the description carefully and be mighty mighty pissed!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2512031883781?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=251203188378&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Picked up on eBay, one of the nicest copies of Cosmic Life I have found (I found this to be a difficult cart to find).

I got a nice complete version of Parker Brothers Chess boxed.

And best of all, an unused (stuck on anything) Atari bumper sticker, original!

post-27608-0-26679200-1356204382_thumb.jpg

post-27608-0-40470300-1356204388_thumb.jpg

post-27608-0-49899100-1356204393_thumb.jpg

Edited by chrislynn5

This arrived today :)

post-26874-0-00719900-1355193218_thumb.jpgpost-26874-0-19374700-1355193226_thumb.jpgpost-26874-0-07376400-1355193233_thumb.jpg

How rare is this puppy?

I wondered who contacted the seller and had them remove it from the auction :(

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1709541507241?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170954150724&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

that really bummed me out, I was trying to get all the LJK software.

Understandable, but I didn't want this one taken out from under me, like other auctions where someone made a higher offer right after I bought it and had a tracking number...

What seller reneged after you had already paid them and got the tracking number, so we can avoid buying from them?

Paying $30 for that cart in a side deal was a real steal, I can see why you were worried about someone making a higher offer.

I recently had a seller back out on a purchase but my offer was for full retail so I don't feel so bad.

Opened and cleaned the 800. Still has CTIA. Latest IC date code inside the case is 7930. The OS ROMs were updated to 1982 version and 8K RAM boards were modded to 16K by a shop in Illinois according to sticker on case.

Yay, it works! Except for some bad RAM and the CTIA chip has flakey switch inputs. I have another OS board with 1979 ROMs so I'm thinking of restoring the 8K RAM boards and bringing the whole machine to 1979 condition.

Not ebay but I picked up the Atari carts from this ad yesterday:

http://cincinnati.cr...3494352530.html

Nothing super rare, but it gives me more games to play.

-Bob

weird, the poster contacted me stating that the halftime battln' bands cart was sold, individually? Did he say it was included? Thanx.