IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

11 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

Fair enough. I do collect some Atari periphals for same reasons. I suppose I see the 1064 more as a functional upgrade than a rare collectable, and for the reasons mentioned I find there are better options. 

I don't disagree. If you should come across another let me know

1 hour ago, orpheuswaking said:

Collection purposes, The same reason I don't need a dot matrix printer but I have a 1025 LOL. That said I would likely have it connected to a machine and working. 

The only reason I got it was to have another period peripheral (actually IIRC the only PBI peripheral Atari ever sold). The 2-chip upgrade, Antonia, the 64K board that goes under the CPU and the board by @reifsnyderb are all much more convenient than that box hanging out at the back. If an external U1MB comes around the 1064 case might be the stylish way to house it. (In the meantime I might set it up as an exhibit to show how hard our youth was. I hope the 1064 is not as sensitive as the Sinclair ZX81/Timex 1000 RAM expansion which only needed an ever so slight touch to instantly restart the machine and erase all memory.)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my latest two Atari Joystick aquisitions:

Quickjoy jetfighter joystick:

Commodore Info Page - Joystick: QuickJoy Jet Fighter, SV-126 [en]

and (so looking forward to this one in particular) the Sureshot:

SURESHOT JOYSTICK (1 X) Amiga/Commodore / Atari / Boxed /Top / Rare /  Rare,New £53.46 - PicClick UK

A quality joystick with microswitches is the difference between playing a game once or twice and giving up, and playing it for hours to then keep coming back. :)

Unsure if they both fully work. Will find out. :)

• Like 1

I just bought a 5200 controller to repair for my 5200 system which came with no controllers (my sister lost them in her storage units).  I also got about 5 games for it to but they haven't arrived yet.

I already have the repair kits for the controllers with new circuits and button rubbers.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2024 at 9:21 PM, Beeblebrox said:

my latest two Atari Joystick aquisitions:

Quickjoy jetfighter joystick:

Commodore Info Page - Joystick: QuickJoy Jet Fighter, SV-126 [en]

and (so looking forward to this one in particular) the Sureshot:

SURESHOT JOYSTICK (1 X) Amiga/Commodore / Atari / Boxed /Top / Rare /  Rare,New £53.46 - PicClick UK

A quality joystick with microswitches is the difference between playing a game once or twice and giving up, and playing it for hours to then keep coming back. :)

Unsure if they both fully work. Will find out. :)

update. Both joysticks fully work. Very nice quality microswitches. Love em.

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

...in other news..

I've acquired this dual os DIY pcb which looks a good few decades old.

Very intrigued about what dos os is on the lower chip. Will get my hands on it next week.

Pcb has "g paul" on it from what I can see. 

s-l1600 (25).jpg

s-l1600 (24).jpg

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

well I may regret this, because it hasn't arrived yet, but on its way to me.

Magnavox Professional RGB/80

Composite w/Green button + Analog RGB.   Which theoretically means it could accept both XEP80 and VBXE output and switch between them with a button push.

But I'm not assuming it will work that way, due to the XEP80 overscan issue. 

For the most part I have avoided CRT monitors, but I did once order an SC1224, because I got an awesome deal on a lot of stuff, and my plan was to sell off the rest - get 100% of my money back and keep the SC1224.  Which is what happened.  But what also happened is the SC1224 burned out one day later, even though it worked when it arrived.

That made me even more hesitant to try an old school CRT, but heck I want one.  

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 5.59.27 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mark2008 said:

well I may regret this, because it hasn't arrived yet, but on its way to me.

Magnavox Professional RGB/80

Composite w/Green button + Analog RGB.   Which theoretically means it could accept both XEP80 and VBXE output and switch between them with a button push.

But I'm not assuming it will work that way, due to the XEP80 overscan issue. 

For the most part I have avoided CRT monitors, but I did once order an SC1224, because I got an awesome deal on a lot of stuff, and my plan was to sell off the rest - get 100% of my money back and keep the SC1224.  Which is what happened.  But what also happened is the SC1224 burned out one day later, even though it worked when it arrived.

That made me even more hesitant to try an old school CRT, but heck I want one.  

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 5.59.27 PM.png

I actually own one of those and I really liked it.  I can't speak for the XEP80 overscan, but I've been able to switch modes with a button push, so I hope it will work for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Well! I've gone and broken my New Year's resolution...I wasn't going to buy any more machines but here I am!  Listed as parts/Not working, a boxed 65XE, Boxes in decently good condition with polys too although one of XC12 is missing a chunk, the XE polys looks brand new.

image.thumb.jpeg.ad320121d919c70545da6658e3089612.jpeg

Matching serials for the XE on the internal box :)  Only tried the XE so far today and it passed Self-Test with flying colours.

Also bought an 800XL user guide/Basic.

image.thumb.jpeg.98366bdc3946ce7b058264ff1033c1a3.jpeg

This has thrown up a bit of confusion.  Were there different revisions of the user guide published?  I distinctly remember there being a spelling mistake in one of the three type-ins, where COLOUR has been used instead of the american spelling.

And finally, I picked up a couple of books for a few quid.

image.thumb.jpeg.452492df0b397ac2dfa0b5a8bc77e05e.jpeg

Regards

Phil

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

I've been very trigger happy with my latest buys, but my latest is Atari Jag related - A boxed Jaguar CD unit - which I received yesterday and works, (albeit with  previous owner's custom silver spray paint job):

May one inquire what amount of (virtual) money needs to change hands for an adorned JagCD these days?

17 minutes ago, slx said:

May one inquire what amount of (virtual) money needs to change hands for an adorned JagCD these days?

Sure. People still may say it's a lot to pay, but I've seen unpainted and boxed Jaguar CD units sell for £1000 to £1200 on their own several times over the last 2 years, when listed. 

I paid...... (drum roll).... £230!!

I wish it hadn't been sprayed, but as I say beggars can't be choosers, plus it works and is boxed. The box is in very good condition. 

:)

13 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

Sure. People still may say it's a lot to pay, but I've seen unpainted and boxed Jaguar CD units sell for £1000 to £1200 on their own several times over the last 2 years, when listed. 

I paid...... (drum roll).... £230!!

I wish it hadn't been sprayed, but as I say beggars can't be choosers, plus it works and is boxed. The box is in very good condition. 

:)

That's a very decent price even for a spray-painted unit. Might have been tempted if I had seen it.